You won't fuck it up, and I will follow it as soon as you upload it. I want to get all the equipment names straight, change unit measuerements when flying, and get something done about the ammo count in magazines. :D

Yay!

I get what you mean. Optimally CBA will implement it and we all just use the event. For now though we don't have a lot of options.

Edit: is it possible to share your solution with me when done with it?

Edited by Windwalking

Outlawled, remember to send me an MP as soon as you are finished wth your modding tutorial. :D

Yay!

Version 3.0.1 Released

Changelog:

- New: Pressing the keybinding while the dialog is open will now close the dialog.
- Back-end optimizations.
- Adjusted size of the Mag Repack logo to be slightly smaller.
- Fixed: Now uses the keyName command to get the Strings associated with each keyboard key instead of having them hardcoded like an idiot.
- New: Can now change the bullet and belt repack times via outlw_MR_bulletTime and outlw_MR_beltTime variables (script version).
- All default repack times slightly increased.
- Fixed: Changed script version init file name to "MagRepack_init_sv.sqf" to avoid conflict when user has the addon version installed while playing on a server running the script version.[/spoiler]

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Mag Repack v3.0.1

required_addons.png

Community Base addons A3 (only for the addon version)

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I have been trying to use the script version 3.0.1 but have been getting errors. Would you be able to include a basic example mission with the script version to demonstrate the correct description.ext. I am getting "Warning Message: Resource MagRepack_Dialog_Main not found" and "outlw_magRepack\Configs\MagRepack_Dialog_Main.hpp, line 554: '/RscTitles/MagRepack_Dialog_Main/Controls/MR_ButtonClose.h': Missing ';' at the end of line".

Edited by ssechaud

If I create a mission called "Test1", the mission folder's directory will be "C:\Users\Austin\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Outlawled\missions\Test1.Stratis". In order to use the script version of Mag Repack for my "Test1" mission, I have to add the folder "outlw_magRepack" to the mission folder and then create a "description.ext" file and an "init.sqf" file in the mission folder.

In the "init.sqf" file, I have to put the following line of code:

[] execVM "outlw_magRepack\MagRepack_init_sv.sqf";

In the "description.ext" file, I have to put the following line of code:

#include "outlw_magRepack\MagRepack_config.cpp"

Also, any time you make changes to the "description.ext" file, you have to save or load the mission in the editor.

Here's a screenshot of what my mission folder looks like:

Fs1gyeXs.jpg

Edited by Outlawled
Smaller thumbnail.

Thanks Outlawled, I tried that and I got the errors, but I will have a look and see if I can figure it out.

EDIT: I think the problem is due to me using other scripts that require stuff to be defined in description.ext and this is conflicting with mag repack. I see this error message in the RPT "outlw_magRepack\Configs\defines.hpp, line 61: .RscPicture: Member already defined.", perhaps some parts of mag repack need to be defined in class RscTitles separately and I am going wrong there.

EDIT 2: BTC Logistic is already defining RscPicture. How should I handle this situation where two separate scripts are defining this?

Edited by ssechaud

I have an error message using this mod (RscDisplay) on scenarios screen.

Just to report :)

Thanks Outlawled, I tried that and I got the errors, but I will have a look and see if I can figure it out.

EDIT: I think the problem is due to me using other scripts that require stuff to be defined in description.ext and this is conflicting with mag repack. I see this error message in the RPT "outlw_magRepack\Configs\defines.hpp, line 61: .RscPicture: Member already defined.", perhaps some parts of mag repack need to be defined in class RscTitles separately and I am going wrong there.

EDIT 2: BTC Logistic is already defining RscPicture. How should I handle this situation where two separate scripts are defining this?

Oh...yeah. I didn't think about that. I'll release a hotfix later tonight when I get home.

EDIT:

Version 3.0.2 Released

Changelog:

- Fixed: Updated UI classnames to be unique so as to avoid possible conflicts.
- Fixed: An issue with the keybinding not being recognized if another key wasn't pressed between keybinding presses.
- Changed "MagRepack_config.cpp" file extension to ".hpp".[/spoiler]

Edited by Outlawled
Added Update Info

Sorry, I missed your update so thanks a lot for the headsup :cool:

news_download_a3_3.png

Mag Repack v3.0.2

required_addons.png

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

I can not seam to get this to work on a wasteland file. I can get it to work if i have all the wasteland files except for the init.sqf file and that one only has "[] execVM "outlw_magRepack\MagRepack_init_sv.sqf";" in it. if i try and add the rest of the wasteland files it will not do the repack. if i add a "};" below the line it allows the repack to work but not the wasteland mod. any ideas. I have added the whole wasteland init.sqf without the repack line added.

// @file Version: 1.2

// @file Name: init.sqf

// @file Author: [404] Deadbeat, [GoT] JoSchaap

// @file Created: 20/11/2012 05:13

// @file Description: The main init.

// @file Args:

#include "setup.sqf"

#include "patch.sqf"

StartProgress = false;

enableSaving[false,false];

X_Server = false;

X_Client = false;

X_JIP = false;

hitStateVar = false;

versionName = "1.4";

if(isServer) then { X_Server = true;};

if(!isDedicated) then { X_Client = true;};

if(isNull player) then {X_JIP = true;};

mf_compile = compileFinal

('

private "_path";

_path = "";

if (typeName _this == "STRING") then {

_path = _this;

} else {

_path = format["%1\%2", _this select 0, _this select 1];

};

compileFinal preProcessFileLineNumbers _path;

');

mf_init = compileFinal

'

private "_path";

_path = "";

if (typeName _this == "STRING") then {

_path = _this;

} else {

_path = format["%1\%2", _this select 0, _this select 1];

};

_path call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers format["%1\init.sqf", _path];

';

true spawn {

if(!isDedicated) then {

titleText ["Welcome to Magnon Wasteland, Have patience your Player will be created!", "BLACK", 0];

waitUntil {!isNull player};

client_initEH = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {removeAllWeapons (_this select 0);}];

};

};

//init Wasteland Core

[] execVM "config.sqf";

[] execVM "briefing.sqf";

[] execVM "antihack.sqf";

fn_vehicleInit = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "client\functions\fn_vehicleInit.sqf";

if(!isDedicated) then {

waitUntil {!isNull player};

//Wipe Group.

if(count units group player > 1) then

{

diag_log "Player Group Wiped";

[player] join grpNull;

};

[] execVM "client\init.sqf";

};

if(X_Server) then {

diag_log format ["############################# %1 #############################", missionName];

diag_log format["WASTELAND SERVER - Initilizing Server"];

[] execVM "server\init.sqf";

[] execVM "antihack.sqf";

};

//init 3rd Party Scripts

diag_log format["WASTELAND SERVER - Initilizing R3F"];

[] execVM "addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";

diag_log format["WASTELAND SERVER - Initilizing Weather"];

[] execVM "addons\scripts\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

removeNegativeScore = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\removeNegativeScore.sqf";

clientRelayHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "client\functions\clientRelayHandler.sqf";

getBallMagazine = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "client\functions\getBallMagazine.sqf";

if (isNil "fn_findString") then { fn_findString = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "client\functions\fn_findString.sqf";};

if (isNil "fn_filterString") then { fn_filterString = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "client\functions\fn_filterString.sqf";};

if (isNil "clientRelaySystem") then { clientRelaySystem = []; };

"clientRelaySystem" addPublicVariableEventHandler {[_this] call clientRelayHandler};

[] execVM "addons\proving_Ground\init.sqf";

config_sated_health_regen_threshold = compileFinal "1";

config_items_jerrycans_max = compileFinal "1";

config_items_syphon_hose_max = compileFinal "1";

config_player_donations_enabled = compileFinal "0";

config_refuel_amount_default = compileFinal "0.25";

config_initial_spawn_money = compileFinal "100";

if(!isServer) then

{

clientStarted = player;

publicVariableServer "clientStarted";

execVM "client\functions\removeWatermark.sqf";

};

I can not seam to get this to work on a wasteland file. I can get it to work if i have all the wasteland files except for the init.sqf file and that one only has "[] execVM "outlw_magRepack\MagRepack_init_sv.sqf";" in it. if i try and add the rest of the wasteland files it will not do the repack. if i add a "};" below the line it allows the repack to work but not the wasteland mod. any ideas. I have added the whole wasteland init.sqf without the repack line added.

Have you tried adding it at the end of the file?

Or here?

//init 3rd Party Scripts
diag_log format["WASTELAND SERVER - Initilizing R3F"];
[] execVM "addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";
diag_log format["WASTELAND SERVER - Initilizing Weather"];
[] execVM "addons\scripts\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

[] execVM "outlw_magRepack\MagRepack_init_sv.sqf";

You know, to keep things organized and stuff.

Also, you can go into Wasteland's "Client" folder and add it to the "init.sqf" there.

You just have to make sure that each client runs the Mag Repack initialization code, the server doesn't need to.

If you're still unable to get it to work, upload your mission folder to dropbox or something, and I'll take a look at it.

Well i got it to work with the client side "init.sqf" but can't get it to work just from the server.

ill send you a drive link for the .pbo

Thanks for all your help you are the most helpful modder out there

Hi i'm Viper of the www.cavallersdelcel.cat, first of all sorry for my bad english, is not my language. Thanks for this nice addon.

I found a one conflict with the TFAR addon http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23615 if you load both addons, when i press R for reload weapon, this open Magrepack windows, but the key for this is Ctrl+R.

I try without TFAR and Magrepack work well. This is a conflict with both addons.

Hi i'm Viper of the www.cavallersdelcel.cat, first of all sorry for my bad english, is not my language. Thanks for this nice addon.

I found a one conflict with the TFAR addon http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23615 if you load both addons, when i press R for reload weapon, this open Magrepack windows, but the key for this is Ctrl+R.

I try without TFAR and Magrepack work well. This is a conflict with both addons.

If fixed from TFAR dev version.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2579823&viewfull=1#post2579823

Version 3.1.0 Released

Changelog:

- Fixed: Error dialogs popping up about the scrollbars.
- Removed: Mag Repack logo from the bottom left of the main dialog.
- Overhauled keybinding system. It now allows just one key and any combination of Shift, Ctrl, and Alt modifiers. For example: "Ctrl+R", "Alt+J", "Shift+Ctrl+N", "Shift+Alt+Ctrl+Space", etc.
- Redesigned Keybinding dialog based on the new keybinding system.
- Magazine type (i.e. whether the magazine is a belt magazine or a regular magazine) is determined by the magazine's "nameSound" config entry instead of just being based on the magazine's capacity.
- Rewrote 40mm grenade conversion system so it no longer uses a predefined list.[/spoiler]

news_download_a3_3.png

Mag Repack v3.1.0

required_addons.png

Hey! Since I love to play with your mod, but retrieving a savegame pretty much brakes it, maybe here's a solution:

If any of you use the Status HUD mod, here's a solution to it not loading from saved games. It's in post # 43, part 3 at this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168558-Status-Hud/page5 or see this snippet from that post here

3 - edit UI\HUD.sqf so it can be called as a function. Bonus feature: fix the problem where the HUD stops working when resuming a saved game:

Replace this

Code:

sleep 0.005;

[] spawn ICE_HUD;

with

Code:

[] spawn {

waitUntil {!isNil "BIS_fnc_init"};

while {true} do

{

_h = [] spawn ICE_HUD;

waitUntil {sleep 1; scriptDone _h}; // Wait for save-then-resume

};

};

true

Also in post # 50 Killswitch describes further why mods often don't work with saved games.

Here's what he says:

No. It is not caused by CBA. It is due to the the status HUD addon running a script that has dialog-related variables. When a game is saved, any and all spawned scripts that have variables referencing GUI items will stop. The fix for this problem can be seen in step 3 in post #43 above. One has to detect a save-then-reload and then re-launch the "ICE_HUD" thread.

More background reading: loadable permanent GUI? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153884-loadable-permanent-GUI

More formally expressed by Str in disableSerialization: "Scope with disabled serialization is discontinued after load, even if there's endless loop inside."

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/disableSerialization

I'm not a modder nor programmer so these readings are a bit technical for me. If I understand it correctly, loading mods from a saved game should work if the mod creator writes the code to detect a save then reload.

So the bottom line is that it's up to the mod creator to get this code into their mods.

I posted this on Armaholic but I'll post it again here cause I don't know if you check comments for that one:

Before I used V + R to bring up the menu because V is they key I use in addition to other keys to change stance, move speed, firemodes, etc. I use that because the way I have my hand on the keyboard, I have to reach over to hit left or right CTRL which I found annoying in situations where I need to do something quickly and have to hit 2 buttons to do it, hence the change from CTRL to V for me. V sits almost directly under my index finger in its resting position so I can press it at a moments notice.

I might revert to the old version and have to deal with the error message about the scrollbar because it better fits my overall keybindings.

I posted this on Armaholic but I'll post it again here cause I don't know if you check comments for that one:

Before I used V + R to bring up the menu because V is they key I use in addition to other keys to change stance, move speed, firemodes, etc. I use that because the way I have my hand on the keyboard, I have to reach over to hit left or right CTRL which I found annoying in situations where I need to do something quickly and have to hit 2 buttons to do it, hence the change from CTRL to V for me. V sits almost directly under my index finger in its resting position so I can press it at a moments notice.

I might revert to the old version and have to deal with the error message about the scrollbar because it better fits my overall keybindings.

Yeah, I don't check Armaholic very often.

I liked the amount of freedom that the old keybinding system offered, but the new system is less prone to errors. Also, I don't really feel like repacking your magazines is something you need immediate access to; it's not as important an action as, say, crouching or sprinting.

But yeah...I'm sorry that you don't like the new system. 8(

If you need the download link for version 3.0.2, let me know.

If you need the download link for version 3.0.2, let me know.

I think I still have the old ZIP of 3.0.2 but if it's no trouble a back-up link would be nice.