Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Some random star wars addons...

U will never get the back MG right, best bit is the animation that makes him crouch when aiming up, and the jeep just looks crap in Opflash due to opflash's "not the best graphics"

I believe that Bis just released O2 because it´s the only tool which can be more or less dominated although it´s in checzh.

I suppose an O2 for animations would be too hard for ppl and so releasing them would be crazy.

regarding support...well..I´m 20 now...and i´ve been playing online since quake2...many pacthes there...and many patches here....and by far Bis is the company which has given one of the biggest support to their product...

For example:

MOHAA

Patches for 1.10 and 1.11 only released for Englsh and American versions...and the rest of the countries in the world can fuck off (at least for some months before they attended users complaints and finally decided to release the patches)

And i´m talking about Electronic Arts...

So when you start complaining about Bis you should think about some things:

1.-Only games like Quake or half life get a similar support.

2.-75% of the games are abandoned after the first month since release

3.-If they not release their tools is because they are too complicated for you.

4.-think about Codemasters and attack them instead of Bis ( i´ll support you if you did that..)

5.-Think about new features resistance brings and play the game; as for example the how far a body can go when being hit by a sabot..two of my tanks in the campaign hitted a soldier at the same time and i just didn´t see again his body...

Excellent product

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ July 17 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and with all this realism stuff sum realisms good but real life is rather boring even for fighter pilots where they says its 99% sheer bordom and 1% sheer terror and that was during gulf war.<span id='postcolor'>

Another one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. OFP is not a soldier sim. You don't have to shine boots, wash toilets, shout "AT EASE!" or "ATTENTION!" when someone of superior rank approaches. Or, as the case may be, you do not have to fly 4 hours to a target, spend 15 seconds of sheer terror being shot at, then fly 4 hours more home.

Join the Army. Volunteer for Kuwait or Afghanistan. See how much of your life in the field or in combat is total boredom.

OFP is a combat simulation. Set in 1985. The more weapons and vehicles there are and the more realistic it is, the more of a combat simulation OFP becomes.

OFP is certainly not 99% boredom. If it is, maybe you should start looking for a game that caters to a smaller attention span.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ July 18 2002,11:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To all those who think themselves as army freaks and don´t want this mod go to another thread and let ppl with original ideas express them and other ppl interested in those help them.<span id='postcolor'>

Last I checked, Eviscerator solicited opinions. The opinion of "Yes, make the Star Wars mod" is NOT the only opinion. There are dissenting opinions and they can and should be voiced.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ July 19 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ July 17 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and with all this realism stuff sum realisms good but real life is rather boring even for fighter pilots where they says its 99% sheer bordom and 1% sheer terror and that was during gulf war.<span id='postcolor'>

Another one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. OFP is not a soldier sim. You don't have to shine boots, wash toilets, shout "AT EASE!" or "ATTENTION!" when someone of superior rank approaches. Or, as the case may be, you do not have to fly 4 hours to a target, spend 15 seconds of sheer terror being shot at, then fly 4 hours more home.

Join the Army. Volunteer for Kuwait or Afghanistan. See how much of your life in the field or in combat is total boredom.  

OFP is a combat simulation. Set in 1985. The more weapons and vehicles there are and the more realistic it is, the more of a combat simulation OFP becomes.

OFP is certainly not 99% boredom. If it is, maybe you should start looking for a game that caters to a smaller attention span.<span id='postcolor'>

well in afganistan very few us troops were involved in combat our sas troops r over there(nz) and they spend there time building things, the us bombed from the air while the resistance guys did the stuff on the ground. If i was over there i would say it would be 99% bordom, most wars involve alot of bordom and waiting. There is also alot of terror but theres more bordom from my view.

Surely you can mae your opinions but that doesnt have to fuck uss off because you don´t want him to make an Star wars mod and prefer another Huey of the tons that exist...

So if you don´t like the idea say it but don´t say not to do it because there is ppl that want that mod or at least some vehicle addons and maybe they aren´t gonna get it because you prefer another fucking standard rifle...

I´ll repeat it...if you don´t like it down download it and let us leave in peace...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ July 19 2002,08:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Surely you can mae your opinions but that doesnt have to fuck uss off because you don´t want him to make an Star wars mod and prefer another Huey of the tons that exist...

So if you don´t like the idea say it but don´t say not to do it because there is ppl that want that mod or at least some vehicle addons and maybe they aren´t gonna get it because you prefer another fucking standard rifle...

I´ll repeat it...if you don´t like it down download it and let us leave in peace...<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not saying he shouldn't make a Star Wars mod or even only one addon. I'm only voicing my opinion (remember - he ASKED for our opinions) that I'd rather see more modern vehicles and weapons instead of Star Wars stuff.

And nowhere did I tell the Star Wars fans amongst us to "Fuck Uss Off" (sic) as you so eloquently put it.

But, if you must know, yes, I'd rather see a new Huey than an AT-AT or AT-ST.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ July 18 2002,23:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ July 19 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ July 17 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and with all this realism stuff sum realisms good but real life is rather boring even for fighter pilots where they says its 99% sheer bordom and 1% sheer terror and that was during gulf war.<span id='postcolor'>

OFP is certainly not 99% boredom. If it is, maybe you should start looking for a game that caters to a smaller attention span.<span id='postcolor'>

well in afganistan very few us troops were involved in combat our sas troops r over there(nz) and they spend there time building things, the us bombed from the air while the resistance guys did the stuff on the ground. If i was over there i would say it would be 99% bordom, most wars involve alot of bordom and waiting. There is also alot of terror but theres more bordom from my view.<span id='postcolor'>

This is just so not worth responding to.

Well ive there did come a good starwars mod i think it would do OFP allot of good sales wise. After the recent movie and such this would greatly increase the interest in OFP. So even though you wouldnt like to play it doesnt make it a bad idea that its done.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ July 19 2002,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ July 19 2002,08:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Surely you can mae your opinions but that doesnt have to fuck uss off because you don´t want him to make an Star wars mod and prefer another Huey of the tons that exist...

I´ll repeat it...if you don´t like it down download it and let us leave in peace...<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not saying he shouldn't make a Star Wars mod or even only one addon. I'm only voicing my opinion (remember - he ASKED for our opinions) that I'd rather see more modern vehicles and weapons instead of Star Wars stuff.

And nowhere did I tell the Star Wars fans amongst us to "Fuck Uss Off" (sic) as you so eloquently put it.

But, if you must know, yes, I'd rather see a new Huey than an AT-AT or AT-ST.<span id='postcolor'>

GGRRR! there are already like 5 huey's!

eeh 4 edited uh60s and oen made with oxygen

there are more versions of the huey

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ July 19 2002,12:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">eeh 4 edited uh60s and oen made with oxygen

there are more versions of the huey<span id='postcolor'>

Quite right,

Martin's Hueys, of which there are four variants (UH-1D with doors open, doors closed, medic and minigun) are the only good Huey mods out there. I downloaded at least one other one, but after attempting to play with it in OFP, I deleted it.

Evis was working on a UH-1N, the Marine Corps version. I'd love to see that one finished. And even when that's done, I'd still rather see another version of the Huey (Maybe a UH-1B slick and/or gunship version) before I'd like to see any kind of Star Wars vehicle. Heck, I'd even like to see German and Italian variants of the Huey before Star Wars.

Starwars, Startrek, Stargate, Starship troopers. All things that take place in space. If one cant fly warp 3 through the endless vacume known as space I dont see why it would be right for OFP. Have you ever flown a A10 up to 30,000 feet in OFP. Not much of a view up there. Why make space MODs for a land based game?

I never said I was gonna hunt you down and kill your family if you make the MOD, so why must you feel the need to get all cussy? I just think its a dumb idea.

This is becoming tiresom, I suggest either people stick to the topic in hand, if you're not interested in star wars don't post in this thread, other than that use it solely for feedback on the star wars models, anything else and I'll close it smile.gif

Yeah! tounge.gif

I'm more interested in a land based Star Wars mod anyway. Especially after the end battle in Episode 2.

Starship Troopers would be awesome.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hudson @ July 19 2002,23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Starwars, Startrek, Stargate, Starship troopers. All things that take place in space. If one cant fly warp 3 through the endless vacume known as space I dont see why it would be right for OFP. Have you ever flown a A10 up to 30,000 feet in OFP. Not much of a view up there. Why make space MODs for a land based game?

I never said I was gonna hunt you down and kill your family if you make the MOD, so why must you feel the need to get all cussy? I just think its a dumb idea.<span id='postcolor'>

Because Stargate, Star Wars and Starship troopers would focus on the ground combat elements...

Last time I saw, they were running around on the ground in Starship troopers.

Just let the guys get on with what they want and enjoy themselves, it's just a game at the end of the day. If you don't like what they're doing, then don't download it. Simple.

And by the way.. your comment on OFP being a boatsim is laughable.... have you ever actually helmed a sea going boat??

Hey those who make addons does not make them for community at first place they making them for themselfs

to have fun with them.after that they send it to community

who want them ,take it who not forget about it. just like my addon us army ghosts

I agree with Jackson. I think that land based star wars would be all that ofp would be capable of.

Like with the end battle in Episode 2, or maybe the cool ewok battle in The Return of the Jedi, or the Battle of Hoth...

they would all be fantastic in operation flashpoint.

So I don't like people saying that Star Wars mods aren't possible 'cos u can't really do space ships.

I think that if someone did make a star wars MOD it would be hugely succesful and popular.

Operation Flashpoint is not necesserily about realism, its about fun. It can be whatever you want it to be, so if you don't like Star Wars addons or giant Starship Troopers bugs 'cos you think it would ruin the whole real gameplay experience........... THEN DON'T DOWNLOAD IT.

mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ July 21 2002,05:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree with Jackson. I think that land based star wars would be all that ofp would be capable of.

Like with the end battle in Episode 2, or maybe the cool ewok battle in The Return of the Jedi, or the Battle of Hoth...

So I don't like people saying that Star Wars mods aren't possible 'cos u can't really do space ships.

I think that if someone did make a star wars MOD it would be hugely succesful and popular.

Operation Flashpoint is not necesserily about realism, its about fun. It can be whatever you want it to be, so if you don't like Star Wars addons or giant Starship Troopers bugs 'cos you think it would ruin the whole real gameplay experience........... THEN DON'T DOWNLOAD IT.

mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

exactly people dont get it. There were people saying but that wasnt before 1985 etc but that was just the time of the campayne ofps got a great engine u can turn it onto anything u want dosnt have to be the same. I would actually like to see a moon map biggrin.gif.

Evis if you really dont have anything to do could you just do something to please the east players? And please just dont ignore me cuz its annoying...

Maybe some scoped AK's and PK's or a modified BMP-1 model made to look like a BMP-3?

ive actually already done that, ive made a russian apc modified and made lots of guns but they are stil being worked on i also have a addon pack of updated KA-50's coming as soon as lawrie finishes texturing....im also doing the AH-1W, helping frandsen with a UH-1M for the nam pack, and modelling the AH-60L and MH-60L for Tigershark....so anyone saying i could do more OFP-type things should probably think again....

well after all this that came up, this popped in my head, are you planning on releasing the addons? (not sarcasim or anything) just wanted to know if i could blow it up and blow things up with it smile.gif

well i dont know, these are pretty much a side project ill work on if i have time, ive already coded the aircraft one but need a .cpp so it will take a while

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ July 20 2002,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree with Jackson. I think that land based star wars would be all that ofp would be capable of.

mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

oh yea, and i wanted to say, i agree to that, if you dont want it dont download it, that simple