Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 3 - Insurgency on Stratis

Very strange, because this mission works for me fine :D VAS works fine, and all buttons in VAS menu have text :D When I return home I will check it again: download my own mission from armaholic FTP and will try to open VAS in game :)

I understand this, thanks :D But how I can fix bug if I can't reproduce it? :)

Same problem here! first try your mission yesterday afternoon. (maybe arma3 update?) :) (I'm french)

On dedicated server

Edite: My bad I wa in 141....

Edited by rabbitkiller

Stringtable.xml is more flexible - Allows commas and stuff. If you copy it to stringtable.csv and not notice a comma somewhere there, you will get some entries cut in the middle and all other kind of trouble. It's best to convert your stringtable to stringtable.xml. The sooner you do it - The easier it'll be :)

@DAP, just as with the Stratis version, this is an absolutely awesome mission, we have put it on the {BdG}Tactical server as our default mission, LOVE IT, THANKS!!!! Now for the comments/suggestions, as you get many.......

First, Altis is soooo big, is it possible to start with a quadrant, or square or hint to begin the mission?

Second, your Stratis mission had a Hummingbird, can you add one or two to this mission?

Third, the Invade and Annex mission has a script for using helicopters to lift trucks and such, could you possibly put that on here so we could lift trucks out to investigate areas? Maybe add the heavy lift helicopter for that as well. I think the Humminbird could lift a quad, the Hawk could lift quad and truck, the larger helo could lift all. Makes for an awesome team game.

Fourth, instead of the rally point, or in addition to the rally point, one of the domination missions had a script to use your Hunter as a command truck, it could serve as a mobile virtual ammo box as well as a mobile spawn point, would love to see that.

Again, your mission is awesome now, if you could add any of the others, it would be more awesome!!!!

Thanks for what you've done, and in advance.

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

....oh, and the mission works fine for me, all the VAS scripts work fine. The original Virtual Ammo Box was highlighted in RED on the drop down menu, your says something like Loadout Manager in white and blends in, maybe people just don't see it, as they may be used to the RED "Virtual Ammo Box".

hi DAP sorry my error :D

....oh, and the mission works fine for me, all the VAS scripts work fine. The original Virtual Ammo Box was highlighted in RED on the drop down menu, your says something like Loadout Manager in white and blends in, maybe people just don't see it, as they may be used to the RED "Virtual Ammo Box".

did look under Inventory as I am used to do from the old non VAS version

sorry DAP

mission is working as it should

you can't revive at rally point

but you can teleport to the rally point.

if squadleader has set a rally point, move after respawn towards the HQ.

there a menu appears "move to rallypoint"

use it ;)

do you guys ever read the mission briefing ??

there it is described how all the stuff works in this mission

Edited by maquez

Blah blah blah I can't do this something is wr blah blah blah

nevermind reinstall. it's working now :)

Edited by kgino1045

First, Altis is soooo big, is it possible to start with a quadrant, or square or hint to begin the mission?

You can find VIP, who traveling in VIP cortege somewhere on island. He is unarmed, but has guards. You can take him alive and interrogate (try to stop his car, instead of burn it :) ). And he reveal to you one or two caches :) Also on island exist another VIP, he has buisness with insurgents and AAF, you can find him and interrogate too. But he more protected than VIP in cortege. Remember: if you killed VIP or field commander - you lost your chance interrogate him and now you must search caches without any intel.

Second, your Stratis mission had a Hummingbird, can you add one or two to this mission?

Ok :) I will add 2 :)

Third, the Invade and Annex mission has a script for using helicopters to lift trucks and such, could you possibly put that on here so we could lift trucks out to investigate areas? Maybe add the heavy lift helicopter for that as well. I think the Humminbird could lift a quad, the Hawk could lift quad and truck, the larger helo could lift all. Makes for an awesome team game.

I already have may own lifting script (since Insurgency in Takistan), so I just change it for A3 :) But I don't think, that any helicopter in A3 can lift HEMTT :D

Fourth, instead of the rally point, or in addition to the rally point, one of the domination missions had a script to use your Hunter as a command truck, it could serve as a mobile virtual ammo box as well as a mobile spawn point, would love to see that.

It will be too easy for playing :) I think will be better to add special crate (which can respawn on base after some time) with weapon and ammunition (simple crate with some weapon and ammo, not VAS), which can be lifted by helicopter.

revive script looks strange in game play

some one down but not dead, and i revived him and he can't move in prone

I can't either move when i revived but at that time i can see treat myself action mark so i treat myself and can move again but others have this problem. can't even treat them self. sometimes i can treat them but no use. even when they change gun or even drop every iteams and weapons it didn't work just prone like a turtle. though can move if they click respawn button but it's a bit annoying bug i guess :(

Is it possible to save the game, to continue it later?

We are 2 player and the entire mission is very big for 2 hours game ^^

Thanks!

Rabbit

DAP,

All of your solutions sound great, please let me know and I'll update on our server. The only other problem is the time limit on the mission, I don't know if you put that on there intentionally , but running the mission on our server we've found the mission only runs for 12 hours and then resets. Some of the people who play on the server, myself included, would like to come back the next day and be able to continue and finish what we've started, but with the time limit, we start anew every day. I would like it not to restart unless the mission is completed.

I did find the convoys with the officers, those took us by surprise while flying back to base after securing a cache, what a welcome addition! What about IED's, are there any like there were on Stratis?

As far as lifting, can't wait for that, can the Mohawk lift a HEMTT? I know it can lift the Tanks and Armor, or at least in the other mission, haven't tried the HEMTT.

Thanks again for a great mission and all your hard work!!!!

UPDATE

Current version: 1.50

Changelog:

• Changed missions names
  • Added IEDs on Altis
  • Added vehicle lifting

All links updated.

Edited by DAP

Awesome update, THANKS!!!!!

One of our guys came up with an interesting idea.....

Since AMRA 3 now allows us to do underwater missions, his suggestion was to have a group underwater and maybe the cache on a wreck or small island protected by divers. This way you would have to suit up with underwater gear and attack that way.

What do you think?

---------- Post added at 04:30 ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 ----------

PS, were you able to get rid of the time limit, or are you planning on that?

[/color]PS, were you able to get rid of the time limit, or are you planning on that?

you can set to unlimted :)

---------- Post added at 08:01 ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 ----------

Can't lift vehicle(Hunter) by using ghost hawk.

Is it right form that i did?

1. get in the ghost hawk as pilot

2. fly over the hunter about 2m

nothing... :(

Edited by kgino1045

@kgino1045 - How do I set the time to unlimited? I didn't see an option for that, although it did look like there was no longer a time limit.

The helicopter lift worked for me, got in Ghosthawk, hovered over the un-armed Hunter and picked it right up, no problem.

Thanks again DAP.

hi DAP,

there is some problem with your mission, some text and buttons from VAS ammobox are missing

some needed strings for VAS where missing in your stringtable.csv

I made a working stringtable.csv here is download: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1gWUNu0kwK1VWNQRDc0N3plWWM/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

try look at parameter :)

so sad i cant lift any vehicle in dedicate server :(

Hi DAP, I was just wondering if it would be OK for me to modify this mission to work on Takistan (via All in Arma mod) and if yes, where, ideally would infantry (outside of VIP's as they are placed already) be defined for spawning, as I wish to use Takistani clothing on the units.

You can find VIP, who traveling in VIP cortege somewhere on island. He is unarmed, but has guards. You can take him alive and interrogate (try to stop his car, instead of burn it :) ). And he reveal to you one or two caches :) Also on island exist another VIP, he has buisness with insurgents and AAF, you can find him and interrogate too. But he more protected than VIP in cortege. Remember: if you killed VIP or field commander - you lost your chance interrogate him and now you must search caches without any intel.

Any hints, how to find them or how they look like? Especially the VIP who has "business" with the insurgents. Or how do we recognize the car? We use tpw mod scripts to simulation civilian life and we got cars, helos, boats and civis all over the place. :-/

Predator,

The VIP's I've seen are usually travelling with 2 or more Technicals and the VIP's are in a hatchback. I've found one near the salt flats and the other on the way to Kavala somewhere. Using the Darters has been very helpful.

Thanks for the tip. We were using TPW_Cars on our server and had cars driving around everywhere..

And the other one? The VIP "doing business"?

@Perdator.V2 can you gave me a link to that script it sound very intresting to have civilians around. And are civilians boats and so on synchronised to the client ?

And the other VIP is around Agio Dynosios/Kavala i hope i spelled it right, but they only driving threw this area.

Edited by Speedygonzales

I simply used tpws MODs and tested them for mp compatibility. Right now, i try to find a good compromise between immersion and performance hit. Once i reached a satisfying state, i might provide a dl link at the tpw mods thread.

Any hints, how to find them or how they look like? Especially the VIP who has "business" with the insurgents. Or how do we recognize the car?

Here is he:

9gkb.jpg