Sign in to follow this  
austina1986

US Army Helmets (Alpha 0.5)

Hello everyone,

Some of you have PM'd me about my work in progress ACH Helmets and I finally feel like they are ready for a testing phase, for all of you to give them a shot in Arma 3. This is my first addon that I've ever created on Arma but I am very pleased with what I've accomplished.

The helmets are a personal preference kind of deal, I've made them due to not being a fan of the futuristic helmets (prototype or real) reflected in A3A. I've also based them on ACU due to the number of addon-makers releasing gear in Multicam and other camouflage patterns. The helmets may not be 100% accurate (in fact I know there is no possible way they could be) however I did what I could, with my skills and the available source material.

th_arma32013-03-2004-30-05-09.png

Click the image for larger version (my Photobucket)

Links:

Austin's US Army Helmets 0.5 Alpha - http://www.gamefront.com/files/23094012/aus_us_helmets.7z

Austin's US Army Helmets 0.5 Alpha (Armaholic) - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19583

-----------

-Three current variants of the ACH Helmet

-No UI images at this time

-IR Tabs not yet working properly (not bright when IR equipped)

-No crate yet, full class-list below for each of the three helmet classes

Bugs

----------

None that I am aware of yet.

Class List

-----------

AUS_US_ACH - ACH Helmet with Goggles, MS2000 Strobe mounted to rear

AUS_US_ACH_NG - ACH Helmet, MS2000 Strobe mounted to rear

AUS_US_ACH_ACC - ACH Helmet with Goggles, MS2000 Strobe mounted to top

Installation

-----------

Unzip the 7z file using 7zip or WinRar and put the files into a mod folder (Example @AUS_US_HELMETS\Addons\)

Add the folder to your launch options.

ie; -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@AUS_US_HELMETS

Then add them to an existing unit via the editor using the following commands. If they don't show up, you may need to first use: removeHeadgear this;

this addHeadgear "AUS_US_ACH";

this addHeadgear "AUS_US_ACH_NG";

this addHeadgear "AUS_US_ACH_ACC";

Credits

----------

Bohemia Interactive - Example models, tutorials and configuration wiki. Arma 1 Sample Models for the Helmet and Goggles.

thedog88 - MS2000 Strobe model

----------

Thanks to Bohemia Interactive for an Alpha version of ArmA 3 with modding examples and helping hands already available for all of us.

If you have any bugs, please if they are able to be screenshot and/or videoed please do so and either post in this thread or if you would prefer PM it to me.

Regards,

Austin.

Edited by AustinA1986
Armaholic Mirror Added

Considering this is your first addon, i'd say you have done a damn good job :D

(y)

Good to see it progress and released Austin. Good work.

Replacement pack for this!!....i hate the futuristic equipment on Arma3....

Edited by LDU30

I like your helmets :D , which units are you using in your photos for same camo than helmet ?

@g00d69 They are DaveyGary's UCP retextures, I was originally using a different set but his are so far my favourite.

@LDU30 I would make a replacement pack but I am unsure how to go about doing so, if someone chooses to make one, feel free to link it up and I will add it to the first post.

@Foxhound Appreciate it mate, added the mirror to my first post.

@Binkowski Thanks man, glad I got it released, my first addon for Arma and I'm glad it works.

Regards and thank you to all that test and provide me with feedback,

Austin.

Update:

Learning bits and pieces as I go along, haven't actually been given any feedback at all so I guess either the helmets are trash and people don't want me to feel bad, or people are dumbfounded at their quality (not really a possibility). Anyway, I've been working on a few new things for the helmet pack.

- I've made a few very basic UI images (if anyone has tips or a good program to make high quality UI images fire away) for each of the three helmets.

- I've got the IR Tabs to glow under IR mode (not brightly but they stand out on the helmets)

- I've changed out the basic box holder for the IR Strobe, it's now some basic ACU tape, it's not the best but I like it more than a random horrible looking box.

Shots:

Tabs in White Hot IR:

th_2013-03-25_00008.jpg

Tabs in Black Hot IR:

th_2013-03-25_00005.jpg

Regular View of all three variants:

th_2013-03-25_00001.jpg

th_2013-03-25_00006.jpg

I'm aiming to do a release of 0.6 Alpha in the next couple of days, I'm working on modelling a basic SureFire helmet light and possibly a few variations of goggle location, along with incorporating variations of blood types on the band of the helmet (might looking into making a 3d band around the helmet instead of a basic texture like it is at present).

Thanks for reading, please if you've used 0.5 leave me feedback, I can't work through issues if I don't know about them, hell even aesthetic feedback, if it's constructive please fire it at me so that I can improve.

Austin.

3d band most def! You should also make them witbout the acu cover so plane green, different paint variants like some specop units wear them. Different camo variants period would be nice. Acu. Bdu. Dcu. Multicam. Spraypaint. Od green. Black. You know the whole shibang. let me know if you need anything else modelled. Maybe add some CLP into the strap (cleaning lube).