Sign in to follow this  
NebulaePC

PhysX3_x86.dll Crash

I had a PhysX crash with the new patch yesterday. Will try reproduce a few times for the crash dumps before submitting them. By the way it was only in MP, after about 30 mins, which is where I always have had the trouble. Played the Campaign for 2 hours and had no trouble (well except for me dying like a noob).

Do you think its worth verifying my cache after the download was done although everything else seems to be working fine.

Was unable to replicate it last night, same mission, same server was playing for around 1.30 to 2 hours. Will continue to monitor for it though. (Server was about as busy too).

I have never encountered this problem in SP, and in MP I play only Coop so I'm really wondering why the dll would fail in MP and not in SP (as physics are the same I suppose). Is this dll used the same way when in MP and in SP? (noob question but trying to understand).

Btw had another crash today (issue updated), after 5 mins on the server (I didn't even reached the AO). It sometimes feel like that if someone's killed anywhere on the map or something explodes, BAM! Crash.

So, since the latest patches I also recieve random PhysX crashes.

It happens when something explodes, is dropps, falls eca...

Should I create a new feedbacktrack with minidumbs and rpt in it?

RedPhoenix definitely, these are different crashes (be it new or not known before) so mdmp, bidmp, rpt files would help a lot ...

Dan;2604719']I had a PhysX crash with the new patch yesterday. Will try reproduce a few times for the crash dumps before submitting them. By the way it was only in MP' date=' after about 30 mins, which is where I always have had the trouble. Played the Campaign for 2 hours and had no trouble (well except for me dying like a noob).

Do you think its worth verifying my cache after the download was done although everything else seems to be working fine.[/quote']

I had a PhysX crash with the new patch yesterday tooooo.

same physx crash her, never had a problem till i have installed the july nvidia update (dunno which version)

gf 660 ti

mb Gb 990fx

amd 945 be (no OC)

16gb ram

ssd

I just got the PhysX3_x86.dll crashing problem. and i haven done nothing? :S HELP?!?! cont play more then 15 min

Hi guys,

For me answer (like part of it) was in the first pages of the thread !

Let me explain what I'm thinking about :

Investigation: Physx3_x86.dll crashes anyone???

Dirty Dog

0xc0000005 is read/write to memory error basically. It was either trying to read something from specific address and got the wrong information (or wasn't allowed to access it) or it was trying to write to memory but something else was written there.

Using 32bits apps in a virtualized mode on 64bits OS is recipe for diaster, Distrubing Computing projects found that out five years ago when they tried it, they gave up and wrote proper 64bit clients.

The only things you can try is enable any Virtualization settings in your bios and try running only 4GB of ram.

forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/investigation-physx3_x86-dll-crashes-anyone.110317/ source

ARMA III like ARMA series is a 32bit environement ! :nono:

ok it was not as worst as it can be ... in 2002 :rofl: but now ... we are all runing 64bit processor compability and architecture !

with 64bits OS ! and with like 8gb RAM ok 16GB for who want to have too much !

But Arma will only use for his work 3892mb of RAM and no more ... (and not 4896mb or more as we see here on thread with -maxmemory or whatever) It seems to use for now as much 1,7gb (1608mb) of RAM .... and not more.

so max mem option will be 2048 is better

But back to the main subject : so the deal of dev ARMA was to tried to run new architecture CLIENT/SERVER PC with new architecture GPU/physX on an new/old 3Dengine (32bits) (the engine has to be compbatible with old flashpoint I scripts / IA ...)

Did you realise the extra layer of work/compilation/virtualization that should be done and so must be with it the tones of bugs we get.

So answer I think for my part is here : problem is unsolvedable ...

Perhaps until 1 genuis guy alone at home found a virtual bridge 32bit/64bit which is stable or until Arma upgraded game architecture to 64 bits.

--> perhaps the goal of this thread ??!?? bcz never we got an answer from dev as : ok M. XXX your problem was : a uncompability of the yyy.dll with our physX3.dll we correct it on with the implemtation of zzz.bisign !

Summary : problem is unsolvedable ... hotfix will bring more different physX3.dll crashes unitl a genuis guy or rebuild of the ARMA game

Thx for the read

Statuquo

Fixed in my case by repairing .NET framework. (From the programs features control panel.)

Problem started appearing for me after some other game install updated/modified the .NET framework.

.NET version is 4.5.50709.

I played like 5 or 6 hours yesterday without any problems.

I got a PhysX crash today after 2 hours of game.

Mods: A3

Distribution: 0

Version 1.10.114700

Fault time: 2014/02/11 20:07:54

Fault address: 65A221CB 01:001511CB C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

file: FR_warfare_TBr06_10 (__CUR_MP)

world: altis

Prev. code bytes: 85 C0 74 1D 8B 50 40 F6 42 4C 01 75 14 8B 40 60

Fault code bytes: F6 40 2C 01 75 0B 51 50 57 E8 97 FF FF FF 83 C4

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:2CD40400

ECX:17183400 EDX:7E8BEDA0

ESI:4DBF6B48 EDI:5EBDFC00

CS:EIP:0023:65A221CB

SS:ESP:002B:01E2B968 EBP:01E2B97C

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

Should i open a new ticket?

yes and remember to upload the mdmp and bidmp and rpt file from the crash (compressed in archive ofcourse)

anyone with PhysX crashes, please try DEV branch as all known PhysX crashes shall be fixed

(or if you already on DEV branch, got any Physx crashes this week?)

Thanks Dwarden,

Just tried again this afternoon with same symptoms as trichoko. This has been happening for at least the past week. Maybe I should start replacing hardware or will there be an update to stable version soon?

anyone with PhysX crashes, please try DEV branch as all known PhysX crashes shall be fixed

(or if you already on DEV branch, got any Physx crashes this week?)

Thanks Dwarden.

To answer your question: yesterday my unit was trialing a switch over to A3, and on the stable build with 80+ players this PhysX crash was extremely apparent. We found this thread, updated to the dev branch and we did not have a single PhysX related crash afterwards.

- Beaz

Edited by Beazley

Just a follow up on this. I haven't had any crashes in Arma 3 for the last 3 weeks on dev branch nor have I had any crashes on main since Zeus was released. Well done BIS!

Hi,

I have played ArmA3 for over 300 hours, and never had this problem, until about 2 weeks ago. Now, I can't play for more than 20 minutes.

Is there any fix or something already? It's very annoying.

(I will post crash report, mdmp, bidmp and rpt files next time it happens, if somebody could tell me where the files are)

..if somebody could tell me where the files are)

Location of rpt. file: C:\Users\**YOURUSERNAME**\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Thnx dude.

It just happened again. Seems totally random...

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
 Application Name:	arma3.exe
 Application Version:	1.36.128.713
 Application Timestamp:	5491535b
 Fault Module Name:	PhysX3_x86.dll
 Fault Module Version:	3.2.4.1
 Fault Module Timestamp:	5164246f
 Exception Code:	c0000005
 Exception Offset:	000dedb7
 OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
 Locale ID:	3082
 Additional Information 1:	0a9e
 Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
 Additional Information 3:	0a9e
 Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

*sigh*

This particular pain-in-the-ass bug seems to know the exact time when your character is doing something crucial in-game.

100 meters from the Comms Tower to lay explosive charges... CRASH

Exacting revenge on enemy AI that took out one of your guys... CRASH

Flying transport full of players to the AO... CRASH

It's just plain f*%king evil.

as it was said before the fix for most (or all) PhysX crashes is in 1.37 DEV (and thus upcoming 1.38 stable)...