Sign in to follow this  
Fetzer

does anyones headset sound like this with gunfire?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9vTRMfDC8g It's a gargled cracking sound. it only happens in arma 3 alpha i installed latest drivers and everything. tried adjusting volume and nothing works. Using Logitech G35

Edit: You may not be able to hear what I am hearing but it sounds like the sound is too loud to the point my headset sounds like the speaker is about to blow and all that great stuff. Unless it's supposed to sound like this. Changing USB ports don't change anything. Using my T'V does not produce this sound. I'm also using surround with the headset.

Edited by Fetzer

I don't hear any cracking. Sounds like your headphones might be blown because the low end on shots fired is really prominent.

i don't know i tried listening to some "bassy" music really loud and all sounds fine. same with battlefield. it's only the arma 3 alpha that does this. Maybe they are blown. But they don't sound like it.

If your headphones have their own volume adjustment turn it all the way up and adjust the sound in Windows down untill it disappears. The signal coming from Windows just might be too hot as that is the same kind of symptom.

Even with it all the way to 10 on the windows speaker adjustment it still does that weird distorted noise. Hope it's the game on some people's end and not my headset. got these only a month ago.

I have the same issue. I placed 50 AI down and shot one and when they all started firing it was...horrid. I upped my sample rate to 128 and still same issue.

i am really hoping that it's the games issue. since it is in alpha after all.. But it probably is an issue on my end. I am a pessimist, can you tell?

It's only cracking during gun fire? Is it still possible to adjust the amount of samples in a3? try that. If your headset/soundcard has special options like a stereo expander or bass booster try turning those off as well. If your headset has a mic try making sure that "listen through this device" is off in windows, try adjusting the sample rate in windows as well.

It could also just be something weird in armas recording of gunfire, dunno.

It's vehicles to. My bad for not listing that. But it's just those two things. I have tried what you have listed and nothing works. It's still the same. But thanks for trying to help. What do the sound samples do by the way?

---------- Post added at 05:04 ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 ----------

Plugged in another pair of headphones and it's the same issue. Plugged in some ear buds and there is no issue. So confused. I can't give up the 7.1

The G35 is an USB Device, yes? That means it has it´s own external Soundcard, might have prolems with Arma 3.

I can't hear anything on your Youtube vid but I too suffer with what you describe.

I have just a £20 pair of earphones and sometimes with gunfire it does sound like the speaker is about to blow.

I thought it was just my earphones as it doesn't happen when I use sound through the HDMI port.(using a LCD TV as a monitor)

Mick. :)

i have some g35's as well, open the g35 control panel and see if surrond sound is turning itself off. mine stuff out when it starts over sampling (did the same in A2).

i also have issues in the KA60 whenthe heli turbine noise makes the DD turn off

I also had some cracking noise with my G930, but I fixed it by turning down their volume (especially the bass) in the headphone's software. I think logitech has this problem in many games.