Sign in to follow this  
Chop

Artillery Moudle not active from the start

Hi

i have made a mission with 2 objectives, when the first objective is completed - i want artillery support to become available. At the moment i have the Artillery support from the start of the mission.

I have the Task set, with Task Modules.

The artillery i have made with the Support requester, linked with player and the Support Provider: Artillery [Virtual].

Is there a command that i can put in the Initalization field for the Requester Module, when Objective 1 is completed the module becomes active?

thanks

Edited by Chop

You would want to sync it with a Trigger.

So lets say your mission is to take the enemy base. You will setup your trigger to be "Opfor>notdetected" that trigger will activate ass soon as all the opfor are eliminated. Which should disable the request until that point is captured.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but this is how it should work.

Yeah i have tried that.

I have a got a trigger for the reason you described. Syncronising the trigger with the artillery module and/or request module does not do the trick.

Am i missing something?

Can you lay out your settings for the trigger and the 2 support modules? screen shots will also work :D

I had the same problem but I found a (unrealistic but working) fix:

1. give the mortar a name, for example mortarBlufor1

2. when placing the mortar, pull the ammunition slider all the way to the left (no ammo) - u can still access it from the beginning now, but it lacks ammo and thus can't fire

3. when you meet the requirements (through a trigger or whatever), add ammo:

mortarBlufor1 addMagazine "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells";
mortarBlufor1 setVehicleAmmo 0.1;

The last line makes it only have 1 round. If you don't use this line, you'll have the full 8 shots.

I had the same problem but I found a (unrealistic but working) fix:

1. give the mortar a name, for example mortarBlufor1

2. when placing the mortar, pull the ammunition slider all the way to the left (no ammo) - u can still access it from the beginning now, but it lacks ammo and thus can't fire

3. when you meet the requirements (through a trigger or whatever), add ammo:

mortarBlufor1 addMagazine "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells";
mortarBlufor1 setVehicleAmmo 0.1;

The last line makes it only have 1 round. If you don't use this line, you'll have the full 8 shots.

Good idea, i do use an Virtual Artillery at the moment, because the terrain is very uneven. With the Virtual Artillery i can`t change the ammo amount.

I searched earlier for a solution and searched through the modules folder, there must be a way to remove how many times you can call on the support.

Can you lay out your settings for the trigger and the 2 support modules? screen shots will also work :D

<a  href=http://s22.postimage.org/v5z9o7xv1/artsup1.jpg' alt='artsup1.jpg'> artsup2.jpg Supportreq1.jpg Supportreq2.jpg trigger1.jpg trigger2.jpg[/img]

Good idea, i do use an Virtual Artillery at the moment, because the terrain is very uneven. With the Virtual Artillery i can`t change the ammo amount.

Why don't you just use a mortar and place it on higher ground?

Can you not syncronize it to your player until after the objective is achieved with this?

_support_module synchronizeObjectsAdd [player];

Can you not syncronize it to your player until after the objective is achieved with this?

_support_module synchronizeObjectsAdd [player];

That work's great. I never thought of applying the synchronize via script on the trigger. Nice job Azza76.

Here's how I have it set-up now for Transport, CAS and Artillery Support modules.

Support Requester synced to Support Provider synced to AH-6/MH-6/Artillery etc.

Trigger Activation: What ever you need to set off the trigger e.g. Blufor, Present, Once

Trigger set Condition: What ever condition's you need such as

this && taskState task2 == "Assigned";

Trigger set to On Act:

support_module_mortar synchronizeObjectsAdd [player]; //support_module_mortar is the name of the Support Requester, make yours match

If you need to remove the support later, you can use

support_module_mortar synchronizeObjectsRemove [player]; //support_module_mortar is the name of the Support Requester, make yours match

in another trigger.

Hope this is easy enough to understand. Now to get the Support Skirmish Spawn module to work in a similar fashion.

Tal

Edited by TalTsinth

Yes, that works great! Thanks a lot guys!

I tried synchronizeObjectsRemove a few days ago and it wouldn't remove the support, has it been fixed in the latest updates?

I tried synchronizeObjectsRemove a few days ago and it wouldn't remove the support, has it been fixed in the latest updates?

It was working for me earlier on removing a Transport Support module. What was it you was trying to remove? I'll see if I get any issues with it.

Tal

I was trying to remove Support Requester when used with Artillery. What I didn't try was removing provider. Right now I'm not at my right PC so I may have the name wrong.

You guys should be able to add just like we used to be able to with SOM Supports in ARMA 2. ARMA 2 used this command [["artillery_barrage"], player, [[]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc. There must be a command similiar to it that adds the support you need.

[["gunship_run"], player, [[]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

[["transport"],player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

[["tactical_airstrike"],player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

[["aerial_reconnaissance"],player,[[]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

[["supply_drop"],player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Edited by cobra4v320

I finally got my modules to un sync, I had to name both modules and remove the sync between them.

Support_Requester synchronizeObjectsRemove [support_module_mortar]

However it seems that you can only use synchronizeObjectsadd once, probably why there are problems with it not working correctly in MP

Hey guys how would u be able to activate or deactivate a module for example the blowout module for nightstalker?? Or the activating a effects module from say

this setvariable ["particleEffects",[0,3]];

Snow and mist

to change affect via a trigger to

this setvariable ["particleEffects",[1,2]];

Dust and rain

I been busting my brain and searching forums for days now and cant find anything that works...

Any help much appreciated...

Regards,

GODSPEEDSNAKE