Sign in to follow this  
billz4money

Respawning

How do you get the AI to or Player to respawn on a exact Position?

God does not like respawning so therefore it does not happen.

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Lol Billz use the search tool. There are tonz of respawning threads.

Player will respawn different then AI, for player respawn you can try a base respawn, basically heres what you do:

place a player (you) if hes blufor then also place a marker and name it respawn_west

if your opfor then place a marker named respawn_east

For respawn you also need a script, known as a description.ext.

heres what you do.

create a notepad file, open it but dont name it anything til after you add the following codes:

respawn = base;
respawndelay = 5;

base means that you need a marker so you did that, you will respawn at that marker you

made and placed wherever you wish to spawn.

respawndelay is basically the amount of time in seconds before you respawn, so for example 5 is 5 seconds before you respawn,

if you wanted more or less then change it, so if you wanted 10 seconds, then make the 5 a 10.

now save the word pad as:

description.ext

not

description.ext.txt

then take this file and put it in the same folder as your mission which is the same place that the mission.sqm can be found.

now go to mp and host your mission and test ou the respawn, as respawn only works in mp.

for Ai you need another script, but depends on what you need, if you need a squad to spawn and patrol I can link you a script for that,

if you want to recruit AI and as you recruit they will spawn and come under your command, or other things, again depends.

Also as BloodxGusher suggested, search before you post as there are numerous threads discussing what your asking about.

The Below code needs to be in the description.ext

respawn = INSTANT;

respawndelay = 5;

This will have you respawn where you were killed.

Player will respawn different then AI, for player respawn you can try a base respawn, basically heres what you do:

place a player (you) if hes blufor then also place a marker and name it respawn_west

if your opfor then place a marker named respawn_east

For respawn you also need a script, known as a description.ext.

heres what you do.

create a notepad file, open it but dont name it anything til after you add the following codes:

respawn = base;
respawndelay = 5;

base means that you need a marker so you did that, you will respawn at that marker you

made and placed wherever you wish to spawn.

respawndelay is basically the amount of time in seconds before you respawn, so for example 5 is 5 seconds before you respawn,

if you wanted more or less then change it, so if you wanted 10 seconds, then make the 5 a 10.

now save the word pad as:

description.ext

not

description.ext.txt

then take this file and put it in the same folder as your mission which is the same place that the mission.sqm can be found.

now go to mp and host your mission and test ou the respawn, as respawn only works in mp.

for Ai you need another script, but depends on what you need, if you need a squad to spawn and patrol I can link you a script for that,

if you want to recruit AI and as you recruit they will spawn and come under your command, or other things, again depends.

Also as BloodxGusher suggested, search before you post as there are numerous threads discussing what your asking about.

I'm sorry but this does not simply work for me, I'm getting cam on the killer and then turn into a Seagull.

Placed 3 Bluefor as Player

Opfor Nonplayable (AI)

Made a mark named "respawn_west"

Done the description.ext, commands

Hosted at LAN.

What I'm doing wrong?

@Baltsar

Make sure you re-save the mission after changing anything or adding the description.ext. Any time you add a script or make a change, you have to re-save the mission.

If you followed Gunter's instructions, you should be good. Let us know if you're still having problems.

oh and maybe tell us where you put the file.

the description.ext goes into the my documents - folder, not in the steamapps one.

thanks but i already know that part but im trying to make a respawn at a certain point so when it respawns instead of it respawning where it died it respawns on this exact point like a deployment can i do that?

with your marker and respawn "BASE" it should do that.

This is from one of my missions:

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 5;
respawnDialog = 1;
disabledAI = 1;
minScore = 0;
maxScore = 50;

class Header
{
gameType = TDM;
minPlayers = 2;
maxPlayers = 16;
};

When dead, a player respawns at the marker called "respawn_west"

My tutorial if it may help:

How to setup a respawn for MP using a Base respawn

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1881921&postcount=5

also:

This will have other things that it can be used for like locating folders and such depends, but these tutorials were made

for Arma2CO only difference is the folder address change, all should still work.

How to import SP/MP Missions into the editor

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?126057-Is-there-a-way-to-import-single-player-missions-to-my-editor&p=2039105#post2039105

I am creating a mission, i need 3 spawn points, I have 3 teams (alpha, Bravo and Delta)that need each team to spawn at different parts of the map how is this made possible, when alpha member dies I need him to spawn at an alpha spawn point if a Delta member dies i need him to spawn at a delta spawn point etc..?

yes I am new to Arma series and its my 1st mission so any help would be great

Like I said I am new to scripting and even though I know you are trying to help you may as well talk japanese to me with that command..lol

RBrits,

I am just going through the same thing here with something I am working on and just found that command.

The easiest way I can think of would be to have the respawn 'move' for each player based on their role/group in the game.

In the Init in the editor try putting this in there.

"respawn_west" setmarkerposlocal getmarkerpos "Alpha"[/Code]

Where Alpha is the name of the marker you have for the alpha base. and replace for all players and base names....

There is more likely a further 1500 ways to do this, but I think this would be the simplest for you right now.

you will also need to change 'west' to 'east' if you are doing the same thing for a PvP or TDM mission.

I have done this and yes it works by spawing the pilot to the main base 1st time and then when he dies he can respawn at the Alpha possition which is great, BUT i now need the ground troops to spawn instant (where they die) I also tried spawning a soldier on the same map to a diferent location Bravo and assigned a marker for Bravo and used the command "respawn_west" setmarkerposlocal getmarkerpos "Bravo" on that player but now both the pilot and the player spawn when dead to Bravo? what I want is for the pilot to spawn at alpha all the time after his 1st death, and the rest of the players to spawn instant (where they die.. any ideas on how this would work..

This is in arma 3.

It would be good when they update to make respawing a feature in the editing so we can select multiple respawn points at your own choice just by placing markers like Alpha Bravo etc.. to make it easier for newcomers like myself as it seems to be a big bugbear of the game..

Edited by RBrits

I am not sure if you can have respawn at 'base' and instant in the same mission. someone else may have the answer.

I have sort of created a delayed instant spawn, but it is currently bugged as in it works for the first death but on second it spawns at the actual markerpos for respawn_side

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138338-Make-players-respawn-where-they-started-not-at-a-base

there is a good link in here to a topic discussing teleporting after spawn at base using and eventhandler - might be worth a look.

Edited by KevsnoTrev