Sign in to follow this  
dblkion

Catalyst 13.2 beta 7

Hey,

I though it would be a good idea to install the new 13.2 catalyst driver, and now arma 3 is ruined, the screen looks like it lacks refreshment rate and there are black borders around the screen.

Any idea about how to fix this ?

You probably didn't uninstalled old driver properly, so i suggest do it again and clean the driver properly this time.

I'm using 13.2 b7 and it's working fine..

You probably didn't uninstalled old driver properly, so i suggest do it again and clean the driver properly this time.

Isn't it just a myth that you have to uninstall the drivers before installing new ones? From what I have heard, they just overwrite them.

I just installed the 13.2 drivers over 13.1 and I have had no problems.

Hey,

I though it would be a good idea to install the new 13.2 catalyst driver, and now arma 3 is ruined, the screen looks like it lacks refreshment rate and there are black borders around the screen.

Any idea about how to fix this ?

I have nothing for the resfreshment rate, but the black borders can be solved by going to your "Catalyst Control Center > My Digital Screens > Options Screensize" and then turn your overscan to 0% that works for me at least but it only happens on my screen with HDMI cable if i just use a DVI cable the black borders never appear.

i use 13.2b7 fine on HD 7850

I'm pretty sure the newest driver uninstall the old one before installing itself now.

I have nothing for the resfreshment rate, but the black borders can be solved by going to your "Catalyst Control Center > My Digital Screens > Options Screensize" and then turn your overscan to 0% that works for me at least but it only happens on my screen with HDMI cable if i just use a DVI cable the black borders never appear.

After installing the 13.2 b7 driver I had those black borders by default on the desktop, So I turned the overscan to 0% but it seems arma 3 could use the 15 overscan ... I'm kinda lost here. And there is also this refreshment thing :x

has any one gained any FPS though with latest drivers?

Hm. Well now the game simply freeze my computer when launched.

Sounds like you need to fix the Over screen. Open CCC and change the over scan back to 100% so it now fills your screen.

Well I downgraded my catalysts back to stable 13.1 and it fixed the refreshment problem, but there was still an issue with the overscan. I enabled full screen window in the resolution settings and it fixed that to.

Thanks for your help everyone !

Isn't it just a myth that you have to uninstall the drivers before installing new ones? From what I have heard, they just overwrite them.

Not entirely a myth, sometimes the setup of the drivers doesn't remove all the old files when uninstalling and you might get a mix of old files with new.

Also it's a good practice to uninstall old drivers through the control panel and not let the setup do it, as windows keeps a copy of every driver installed using precious hard disk space.

*Speaking for NVidia drivers.