Sign in to follow this  
joebopie

Battleeye needed now, nothing else matters

what is more inportant to the online player.  

17 members have voted

1. 1. what is more inportant to the online player.

• Anti cheat/Hacking
    • more content or bug fixes

OK...That doesnt work obvioulsy...so lets handle that like adults...

I say sorry that I called you an CoD Gamer, OK?...but there´s still the thing with your opinion, that you don't understand.

I see your point. You say that all the cheaters and hackers are breaking the game what is true...at least for the moment, so lets break down your first post.

I was playing on public servers yesterday, within 2 hours of gaming and 4 servers they were all hacked and crashed as a result. ruining not only peoples games and enjoyment but the testing being done on that sever. this is not a rare occurrence and IMO the testing cannot be done properly with this sort of thing going on...

The last part of this sentence is not...lets say, quite correct. Testing is going on...quite well actually. The reason is that the real guys that are rather testing and hunting bugs in order to report them are less playing on public servers, they are beein on their very own password protected Game servers and are testing...reporting testing and reporting and son on...honestly, the public gaming is somethings at the moment I rather call a feature which can easily be dropped...this is not important at the moment. But it will be later as soon as BIS has added proper Protection...whatever it will be.

...also this is going to dent the multiplayer community and the games reputation very badly.

No, it wont...BIS is long enough around and has its base Community, so even with its fourth Game (not counting the Carrier thingy) BIS might get some bad reps here and their but this wont effect the whole Studio in a bad way at all. The reason is that everyone who knows BIS also knows that after a while the Game becomes better and better...the reason why DayZ has left a bad taste was, and by this you´re right, the huge amount of new players and though the hackers/cheaters and the lack of a proper protection on the other side...but here again...dayZ is not yet a finalized game...its still beta, so we have to await the full standalone release before we can judge about BIS....if we can judge about BIS at all by the way...

...dam you the walking dead getting every little lazy kiddie wanting zombie games!! grrrrr!!! anyway, PLEASE Bohemia ether implement what every you have or get BI into gear. I say this as a true fan of the games, I own every game and love every one and it would not be the same without the mod support but I can no longer enjoy this game or test to the full, with all these hackers. I wouldn't mind not having any bug fixes for a month or two if we could just get rid of these hackers. :( sob

If you reall love the BIS Games so much...be patient...as DNA has stated already...a proper protection will be available...as soon as the time is there to do so...but not yet, its simply too early.

...also I've heard that Pirated versions of the game can be played online there for hackers are having a very easy time of things, I don't know why this is and hope whatever aspect of the game or servers is allowing this but once that's sorted it might be a little better anyway, especially once battle eye is implemented and we can Globally ban people again. wink wink ;p

The Pirating thing is indeed a problem and BIS should reall try to do everythings to avoid this...but what ever they do...there's always someone crazy hacker out there that will break through every protection...unfortunately

I don't want to see post saying

This was unnecessary...never tell people what they´ve to say and what not...This sentence was one of the reasons why I called you a CoD Gamer ;)

"play on private server then"

I do, im in a clan and we will do host servers with 40+ people but its not 24/7 but its a totally different experience

I know you mention it by your self a little bit more down the post but you also knew the answer by your own...It´s Alpha! :P

"Battleeye is useless"

Because you know nothing and need to do some research if you think that, they have done wonders for stopping many hacks and giving people better ability to kick and ban hackers, but sadly there are a lot of hackers and there a skilful sly bunch of ******* coming up with new stuff all the time.

This by far true...good point

"its just the alpha"

I know and how are people supposed to test, lets say server stability, if every half hour its hacked to death

As I said above

if you only play offline or with friends and don't play on public servers please don't vote because I didn't ask you. :p

Unnecessary...everyone gets attracted in some way, the one more the others less...

summarizing everythings together we are still at the beginning...so there's only one way for you public gamers...be patient, a proper solution will be available

my god man you have made you point that you don't think anti cheat is necessary stop cluttering the post.

by "dent its reputation" I mean DENT not destroy.

I appreciate nothing is un hackable but this is hack tastic!

and when I say its not able to be "fully tested" I mean that, I didn't say we cant do any testing.

also I didn't tell anyone not to do any thing I said I don't want, I also explained why I didn't after each one (clearly what I want is irrelevant as you and others haven't been stopped by me saying that)

its all there in the first post. and its my opinion, all I want is sensible response's, negative or positive.

you clearly don't want to use the alpha how I want to and expected to be able to.(it was great fun for two or three days after launch then all hell broke loose)

so go play single player or editor or on private servers. and leave it be.

im sure every one is now well aware of what we both think

you clearly don't want to use the alpha how I want to and expected to be able to.

OK, I´ve tried the sarcastic way...I failed on you...I tried the friendly way...you still don't get it.

Focusing the only sentence I quoted, I really have to ask why you wont understand that Alpha is not intended to run intensive tests such as huge MP Stability test? A BETA is supposed to be tested intense with those stuff...THIS IS AN ALPHA VERSION...my god, when will you finally get it?

it's slowly coming

it's slowly coming

So it's decided, there will be BattleEye and Gamespy server browser from what i deducated from your earlier posts?

We know it's needed, you know it's needed, when it's ready it will be added, that's the nature of the alpha process, a poll changes nothing when we already know what's needed and plan to implement it when it's ready (as you have been informed already by Dwarden a number of times).