Sign in to follow this  
CK3

Fix the crashes please

Every time I launch the game I crash when joining servers. Please fix this as I payed $50 for a game that was in development for 3 years and is now in a released alpha I should be able to at least play multiplayer.... Come on. I looked for an error report but all I found was a nudegirls.jpg picture in my Squads> Scion folder

Most people can play MP so not sure why the immediate assumption is that the Alpha is to blame? I'd suggest trying to troubleshoot the specific issue rather than a blanket "fix the crashes" post which doesn't really achieve anything, anyways moving to troubleshooting :)

Every time I launch the game I crash when joining servers. Please fix this as I payed $50 for a game that was in development for 3 years and is now in a released alpha I should be able to at least play multiplayer.... Come on. I looked for an error report but all I found was a nudegirls.jpg picture in my Squads> Scion folder

Oof :)

Well, first of all you didn't pay for a working game, you paid for inclusion for alpha testing. Second, as such you should make this complaint in the form of a report, i.e. you mention exactly the steps to recreate it, and include information like your PC specs and DXDiag details etc.

Jesus... when will people learn that they did not buy a final game here... You Pre-Ordered a game and through that got access to an early alpha build. Stuff like this is totally normal in an alpha. In fact, things could be A LOT worse and it would still be considered a normal alpha build...

So calm the F down! When this is till the case in the final release, THEN and ONLY THEN are you allowed to complain about stuff like this. Until then, this is a WIP and bugs, crashes and all sorts of weird behavior is to be expected.

Edited by phoboss

Don't alt tab or ctrl-alt-del to soon when you're joining a server. Give it 15 - 20 seconds. It freezes for a while but if you wait it out abit it will load.

Please fix this as I payed $50 for a game

Your funny... Its an alpha, if you are experiencing an issue, bug report and take a chill pill, they are probably not sitting around sipping tea you know.

You paid $50, by choice, to pre-order a game that releases later this year. As a bonus you were given the privledge of helping test the alpha (and later beta) builds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Alpha

No one can help you with the info you've given us.

Are there any errors in your Windows event viewer or something? What's your hardware? What drivers? What kind of MP server? (I see a lot of people posting they have issues without trying non-modded servers.) There are one or two variables that can matter when troubleshooting.

they are probably not sitting around sipping tea you know.

Indeed. As it's the Czech Republic, it'll be beer.

Every time I launch the game I crash when joining servers. Please fix this as I payed $50 for a game that IS in development.

I fixed it for ya !

What happens when you play a single player 'showcase' mission or use the map editor and then preview? Do you have any other games that crash when going online. Have you made an exception in your virus checker/firewall in case it is a problem connection to a server because of that.

Also as some others have said, it seems to be a localized fault at your end rather then a general ARMA III fault as most people including myself can play mulitplayer games without any problems. Make sure you have all latest drivers for your motherboard, graphics card, keyboard, mouse and sound card etc. Then let us know how it goes. Also, whats are your system specs? For all we know you could be trying to play it on a below spec lap top or something.

Don't alt tab or ctrl-alt-del to soon when you're joining a server. Give it 15 - 20 seconds. It freezes for a while but if you wait it out abit it will load.

Thanks for actually being helpful.