pettka

Arma 3 weapons config guidelines

Hallo,

hatte mir heute Arma 3 gekauft, vorab informierte ich mich über das Spiel ob es auf Deutsch ist..., weil mein Englisch ist nicht das beste. Oke mir wurde versichert das dies der Fall sei das Arma 3 in einer Deutschen Version ist.

Zu Hause jedoch stellte ich schnell fest das dies nicht so ist, man kann zwar in der Option die Sprachen wählen auch bei der Installation....denoch ist es nicht so das dies in einer Deutschen Version ist da die Leute englisch sprechen ich dafür den Untertitel lesen muss und dann kommt das bei dem Game in der Verpackung eine Installationsanleitung mit beigefügt worden ist zudem eine Key Card & die Arma Defaults Controls wiederrum auch in ENGLISCH ist und somit komm ich mit dem Spiel nicht klar und weiter. Und bitte hier um HILFE

Wie und wo komme ich an einer Deutschen Version dran ?

Ich finde sowas echt scheiße man verkauft hier in Deutschland, ganz egal ob Englisch nun eine Weltsprache ist, das Spiel zudem wird man noch getäuscht OHNE das man erfährt das Englisches Material vorhanden ist.

Bislang hatte ich auch Englische Spiele aber man konnte sich eine Deutsche Anleitung besorgen, nur hier hab ich den ganzen Tag gesucht und nichts gefunden nun möchte ich die Firma dazu bewegen da was zu machen oder soll ich die 44 Euros etwa sinnlos wech schmeißen ?

Also pls helfen danke

Edited by hansdampf1973

Hmm, ich bin Schweizer und ich denke manchmal sogar auf Englisch, darum installiere und spiele ich A3 auch auf Englisch, speziell, da die Story halt von einem US/GB NATO Team auf Stratis/Altis handelt, ist das mit dem englischen Voiceover halt quasi zu erwarten. Bei uns im Kino laufen die Streifen oft übrigens auch im Originalton und Untertiteln. Aber dies hilft dir wohl nicht weiter. :-)

Kannst du in den Steam-Eigenschaften des Spiels die Sprache nicht umstellen, oder ist es schon auf Deutsch eingestellt? Wenn ja, dann solltest du in deinem Spielverzeichnis ein arma3_manual.pdf (oder ähnlich) finden, welches übersetzt sein sollte.

Ansonsten weiss ich auch nicht gleich weiter; es hat jedoch einige Deutsche Community-Mitglieder, welche hier sicher weiterhelfen können.

Hallo Fireball...

leider hast du mich ein wenig falsch verstanden es geht um Default Control die mit bei war im Game und diese ist in englisch...da ja Arma 3 & seine ganzen Tastenkombinationen sehr umfangreich ist...sonst müsste ich ständig in Option rein und nach schauen....

I rate dir die Showcases oder gleich die Kampagne zu spielen, viele Keybindings werden im Spiel mit den Tipps am rechten Rand gleich erklärt, so dass du nicht immer nachschauen musst.

Anybody know - what are the new glowing values for the red dot/eotech reticle?

because i like to know how bis fixed it (glow vs NVG)

BIS's models seem to reference two or more .rvmat files for the various collimated reticles (Have a look at the .p3d in notepad and search for .rvmat and/or .paa - it'll tell you what textures and material files are used on a model). The ones that stand out as probably relating to the reticles are called collimdot and collimdot2.

collimdot.rvmat:

class StageTI 
{
texture = "a3\data_f\default_vehicle_ti_ca.paa";
};
ambient[] = {10, 10, 10, 1};
diffuse[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
forcedDiffuse[] = {0.12, 0.12, 0.12, 1};
emmisive[] = {0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 0};
specular[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
specularPower = 1;
RenderFlags[] = {"NoReceiveShadow", "AddBlend"};
PixelShaderID = "Normal";
VertexShaderID = "Basic";

and collimdot2.rvmat:

class StageTI
{
texture = "a3\data_f\default_vehicle_ti_ca.paa";
};
ambient[] = {10, 10, 10, 1};
diffuse[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
forcedDiffuse[] = {0.15, 0.15, 0.15, 1};
emmisive[] = {100, 10, 5, 1};
specular[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
specularPower = 1;
RenderFlags[] = {"NoReceiveShadow", "AddBlend"};
PixelShaderID = "Normal";
VertexShaderID = "Basic";

Makes me wonder what the model setup for the reticles is like on BIS' sights. I assume they have two plane "layers" of the reticle, with a different .rvmat applied to each layer, and some face-sorting tomfoolery going on with them.

BIS's models seem to reference two or more .rvmat files for the various collimated reticles (Have a look at the .p3d in notepad and search for .rvmat and/or .paa - it'll tell you what textures and material files are used on a model). The ones that stand out as probably relating to the reticles are called collimdot and collimdot2.

Makes me wonder what the model setup for the reticles is like on BIS' sights. I assume they have two plane "layers" of the reticle, with a different .rvmat applied to each layer, and some face-sorting tomfoolery going on with them.

Hmm very interesting - we need a simple example of it , so we can use the same method as bis

Hi. I retextured few weapons, but there are two that just still use its original textures.

Both weapons are originaly independent side, it's Vermin SMG .45 and ACP-C2.

Both are configured in similar way like this:

class Hntr_Kriss : SMG_01_F {
	displayname = "Vector Black"
	hiddenselections[] = {"camo"};
	hiddenselectionstextures[] = {"\Hunters\Data\tech\kriss_hntr_blck"};
	};

And faction I use the weapons for is also on independent side. Any ideas?

You can't retexture them through the hiddenselectionstextures config parameter unless they have relevant selections defined in the model. Not all of the weapon models have had such a named selection given to them by BIS.

I know that the Mk.20 and TRG do have such a selection (and there might be a couple of others), but many other weapons such as the MX, do not. I would assume that either the Vermin and ACP don't have support for this feature, or the selection is called something other than "camo" - which seems unlikely because BIS has been pretty consistent in making sure the selections are called "camo"/"camo1"/"camo2" etc. on all models that have been found to support hiddenselectionstextures.

Another thing which i need help with it

class RH_SFM952V: ItemCore    {
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Surefire M952v";
               picture = "\RH_M4\inv\ui\sfm952v_ui_ca.paa";
               model = "\RH_M4\RH_SFM952V.p3d";
       descriptionShort = "$STR_A3_cfgWeapons_acc_flashlight1";
       class ItemInfo: InventoryFlashLightItem_Base_F
       {
           class FlashLight
           {
               color[]={7000,7500,10000};
               ambient[] = {6,9,9};
               intensity = 2.5;
               size = 1;
               innerAngle = 20;
               outerAngle = 80;
               coneFadeCoef = 10;
               position = "flash dir";
               direction = "flash";
               useFlare = 1;
               flareSize = 1.5;
               flareMaxDistance = "600.0f";
               dayLight = 1;
               class Attenuation
               {
                   start = 0.5;
                   constant = 0;
                   linear = 0;
                   quadratic = 1;
                   hardLimitStart = 200;
                   hardLimitEnd = 300;
               };
               scale[] = {0};
           };
       };
   };

Here's the surefire flashlight and i like to tweak it , to be more like the real thing ,but i dont know the proper values and some of those lines in the config

So i need help with it or explain me how it is working

also shame that i cant use the cars reflector "Cone" on flashlight which looks nicer

Could one of the developers shed some light on the way that the new 3D scopes are made? I had a look at the config, and made a hex dump of the model file (cannot be unbinarized since they are using a newer version of ODOL), and there are things that I find mildly disturbing.

First of all, taking the HAMR as an example, the reticle texture is \a3\weapons_f\acc\data\reticle_hamr_ca.paa or reticle_harm2_ca.paa. Not sure which one, because neither appears in the model file. Still using alt-looking will reveal the reticle. So, where does it come from?

Secondly, there is a line

modelOptics = "\A3\Weapons_f\acc\reticle_HAMR";

in the config, and

class HAMR_scope

{

opticsID = 2;

useModelOptics = 1;

// ...

opticsDisablePeripherialVision = 1;

// ...

};

which indicates that this isn't a 3D scope at all but rather an old-style 2D scope with extra model optic. Still, ingame it is 3D, and the reticle_HAMR actually has the right texture.

So, how do I get the modelOptics into the 3D scope? Is it a special surface flag?

It would be really helpful if you could publish a few sample models for these specific assets. It would make ours, the modder's lives, much easier.

@Alwarren

Look at weapons_f_beta.pbo - there are the 3D scopes , not in the weapons_f

So, how do I get the modelOptics into the 3D scope? Is it a special surface flag?

This way works the RTT (scope can load the 2D optic view) , not the zoom 3D sadly

class HAMR_scope is patched out of class optic_hamr in weapons_f_beta.pbo, and replaced by class HAMR2Scope, which has useModelOptics = 0;.

class optic_hamr's config in weapons_f_beta.pbo:

class optic_Hamr : ItemCore {
	scope = public;
	displayName = "$STR_A3_cfgWeapons_optic_Hamr0";
	picture = "\A3\weapons_F\Data\UI\gear_acco_hamr_CA.paa";
	model = "\A3\weapons_f_beta\acc\acco_hamr_f";
	descriptionShort = "$STR_A3_cfgWeapons_optic_Hamr1";
	weaponInfoType = "RscWeaponZeroing";

class ItemInfo : InventoryOpticsItem_Base_F {
		opticType = 1;
		mass = 4;
		optics = true;
		modelOptics = "\A3\Weapons_f\acc\reticle_HAMR";

class OpticsModes {
			class HAMR_col {};
			class HAMR_scope {};

class Hamr2Collimator {
				opticsID = 1;
				useModelOptics = 0;
				opticsPPEffects[] = {""};
				opticsFlare = false;
				opticsDisablePeripherialVision = false;
				opticsZoomMin = 0.375;
				opticsZoomMax = 1;
				opticsZoomInit = 0.75;
				memoryPointCamera = "eye";
				visionMode[] = {};
				distanceZoomMin = 300;
				distanceZoomMax = 300;
			};

class Hamr2Scope {
				opticsID = 2;
				useModelOptics = 0;
				opticsPPEffects[] = {"OpticsCHAbera5", "OpticsBlur5"};
				opticsFlare = true;
				opticsDisablePeripherialVision = true;
				opticsZoomMin = 0.11;
				opticsZoomMax = 0.11;
				opticsZoomInit = 0.11;
				memoryPointCamera = "opticView";
				distanceZoomMin = 300;
				distanceZoomMax = 300;
			};
		};
	};
};

The configs and models in weapons_f.pbo are a remnant of when the game used 2D scopes.

You're right though that there doesn't appear to be a reference to any reticle textures in original A3\weapons_f\acc\acco_hamr_f.p3d or the updated 3D scopes model \A3\weapons_f_beta\acc\acco_hamr_f.p3d.

Perhaps the reticle is loaded as a proxy object inside the scope model though

I thought they might do that, but then considered that making the range marker numbers for the BDC could be a bit work (and polycount) intensive if they were polygon surfaces in addition to the more simplistic shapes that make up the reticle.

The configs and models in weapons_f.pbo are a remnant of when the game used 2D scopes.

*facepalm*

You're right though that there doesn't appear to be a reference to any reticle textures in original A3\weapons_f\acc\acco_hamr_f.p3d or the updated 3D scopes model \A3\weapons_f_beta\acc\acco_hamr_f.p3d.

Perhaps the reticle is loaded as a proxy object inside the scope model though

I really wonder... I can't really imagine the reticles are modelled, that would be rather wasteful. Not to mention a pain in the butt to get the BDC's right...

Devs? Please? :)

*facepalm*

I really wonder... I can't really imagine the reticles are modelled, that would be rather wasteful. Not to mention a pain in the butt to get the BDC's right...

Devs? Please? :)

The reticles are directly part of the model of the optics in View - Pilot lod, there is no other catch in that. I hope this helps :icon_twisted:

The reticles are directly part of the model of the optics in View - Pilot lod, there is no other catch in that. I hope this helps :icon_twisted:

How come the textures aren't referenced? Or is the reticle, as RobertHammer suggested, really modelled? The MRCO has a reticle texture that is not even used in the game, so I am really confused.

How come the textures aren't referenced? Or is the reticle, as RobertHammer suggested, really modelled? The MRCO has a reticle texture that is not even used in the game, so I am really confused.

Its really modelled , trust me ;)

and yes creating a complex reticle with this method is a pain

It is actually just procedural texture mapped directly on the faces in the model :icon_twisted: And Robert is right, it's pain in some private parts.

g8fo.jpg - I hope this picture makes some sense

Suppose I'd better acquaint myself with the Adobe Illustrator-based vector-to-CV curve feature in Maya then :D

Do your artists or scholars of configuration happen to have any tips on reducing the heavy vignetting/tunnel vision when making 3D scopes?

I'm trying to go from this

iax7.jpg<-click to enlarge

To something more like what you guys have achieved with the ARCO:

600px-Arco3.jpg

Me and Robert discussed it before somewhere, and the only thing I could come up with was moving the opticView memory point further back to narrow the projection. It does help to reduce the effect but if one moves the memory point too far backwards, it causes problems in some stances where the character model's shoulder or rucksack occludes the scope view.

I've tried shortening the black "tunnel" inside my scope but I can't make it too short because the geometry of the scope I'm modelling means some parts start to become visible through the backfaces. I've tried various combinations of opticsZoom/FOV, and positions the memory point to see if I can improve the effect.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Do your artists or scholars of configuration happen to have any tips on reducing the heavy vignetting/tunnel vision when making 3D scopes?

The only thing I could imagine is to use a tunnel similar to the tunnel for the collimator sights, just with the normals reversed, so that it hides the model when looking through the scope. When you ALT-look at the BIS scopes, I think that is what they are doing because it appears that the model vanishes behind the reticle.

Also, I'd like to see an effect like this, i.e. a blur around the scope that makes it more difficult to abuse it as a binocular without overlay.

EDIT: Great looking scope, by the way :)

Edited by Alwarren

The only thing I could imagine is to use a tunnel similar to the tunnel for the collimator sights, just with the normals reversed, so that it hides the model when looking through the scope. When you ALT-look at the BIS scopes, I think that is what they are doing because it appears that the model vanishes behind the reticle.

Using a round plane with the same procedural alpha as used on the collimator shroud to occlude these parts of the geometry just seems to turn the parts of the mesh that were visible though the backfaces, blue. I've applied "Position" lighting and disabled shadows too; as per the collimator shroud.

ln3u.jpg

Another pic to show the parts more clearly.

f5ob.jpg

I haven't tried to make that grid thing that BIS do to opaque the lens while using collimator sights yet, so ignore that.

It's the same sort of effect as a couple of the sights cause on the front sight posts of certain weapons.

I'll try using a cylinder instead of a plane, but I doubt it'll make much difference. I'll see if the "Z bias" settings in face properties do anything either ed:- it does not.

Ed: Forgot to say, the reticle is now made from poly surfaces. I've not scaled it or calibrated it yet - just wanted to see how difficult it might be to convert my old texture to polygons.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Yeah, tried this with the same result.

I filtered out all strings in the HAMR model and uniq'ed the list, here's the result

#(ai,16,2,2)fresnel(0.8,0.8)
#(ai,16,2,2)fresnel(10.4,8.3)
#(ai,64,64,1)fresnel(0.4,0.1)
#(ai,64,64,1)fresnel(0.5,0.2)
#(ai,64,64,1)fresnel(0.7,0.082)
#(ai,64,64,1)fresnel(0.915,0.38)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0,mc)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0.0,mc)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0.01,co)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0.25,ca)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.1,0.1,0.1,0.5,ca)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,0.5,0,mc)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,dt)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,0.5,1,dt)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,1.0,1.0,nohq)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0.7,0.7,0.5,ca)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0.8,1,0.0,smdi)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,0.0,smdi)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1,as)
#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1,smdi)
#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.0,0.0,0.0,1,ca)
#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,1,1,nohq)
a3\data_f\default_ti_ca.paa
a3\data_f\default_vehicle_ti_ca.paa
a3\data_f\env_land_co.paa
a3\data_f\env_land_optic_co.paa
A3\data_f\Penetration\metal_plate.bisurf
a3\data_f\penetration\metal_plate.rvmat
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\acco_arco_f_co.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\collimdot.rvmat
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\collimdot_red_ca.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\collimdot2.rvmat
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\fake_optics.rvmat
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\hamr.rvmat
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\hamr_as.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\hamr_co.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\hamr_glass.rvmat
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\hamr_glass_as.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\hamr_glass_ca.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\hamr_glass_nohq.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\hamr_glass_smdi.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\hamr_nohq.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\hamr_smdi.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\optic_endpart_ca.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\optic_endpart_smdi.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\optics.rvmat
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\optics_as.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\optics_nohq.paa
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\opticsblue.rvmat
a3\weapons_f\acc\data\opticsduoviolet.rvmat

There are a few colors with 0 alpha, but it doesn't really ring any bell.