Sign in to follow this  
kiory

Kiory's WIP Thread "Current Task: Scar Mk13* (May possibly to requests later on)

Finished the high and low poly model, unwrapped and baked in normals and ambient occlusion, will be texturing tomorrow and hopefully get it in game, We'll see how it goes. It's quite happily sitting at 3k Tri's.

th_Untitled-2-5_zps012d0355.jpg

th_Untitled-1-2_zps8bd0ca7f.jpg

Looks great! Can't wait to try it out!

Yep, which would be now.

Haven't updated this thread in a while, but I thought my latest project warranted a return from the grave.

So here's what I'm working on currently, it's still missing a few bits and pieces, and there's some rescaling etc that I need to do, but the main bulk of the high poly model is done, so I thought I'd share.

3-9_zps5ca43e94.jpg

2-11_zpsaf5825f4.jpg

1-14_zps172fe34d.jpg

I'm well aware that this already exists as a port, but as it was a request I can't well turn it down, plus it's good practice!

Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Cheers!

Looks real nice mate.

Sweet work.

User-made content is always better than ported work in my opinion. Good work.

Awesome progress given the amount of time you've had since starting it. I'm impressed, good luck with future models!! You're dedication is superb

Very nice work Kio - i am sure this one will leave a scar..... yes... yes i went there.

Nice model, every time you show us something I'm surprise by the quality and all the good idea you have :)

Got to love HP models with all the details :). Good job mate!

*If it is an excuse, my/BIS SCARs are old models by now (didn't even made HP models for it)...so kudas for remaking stuff and improving it :).

I swear I've seen this model somewhere... But oh what ever :P Looking forward to it!

Well I can promise you I damn well didn't steal it, you can see the progress over at twitch, on the old videos.

Well I can promise you I damn well didn't steal it, you can see the progress over at twitch, on the old videos.

That is not my point so not needed :P

Sorry, but it did look like you were insinuating otherwise, it's hard to get a point across if no specific details are given. :)

Well, that's a fantastic model, but as they are based on (More or less) the same weapon then similarities are going to happen, actually it's uncanny that his techniques are incredibly similar to mine.

If I'm perfectly honest his model is better than mine currently, I've still got a few things here and there I need to work on, and it seems he had better reference for the GL as it's pretty much spot on.

Thanks for sharing, I can actually use that as reference too!

Edited by Kiory

Nice renders! It is surely coming along very nicely! Was also very interesting to watch the past streams for it :)

I'm loving your way to handle these things

Keep it up and I'm already looking forward to the next stuff on the list

Nice, love it. Would be cool to see a Magpul Masada later :)

Insane scar you got there :D Can't find anything to criticise on from what I can see.

What's the current plan for it?

Do you have plans for a H version?

Different barrels? I'm interested in this :)