Sign in to follow this  
shockero

North Korea SF (Year 2035)

Here you go -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152117-China-PLA-Infantry-(Alpha)&highlight=PLA (by Majoris)

Chortles is right, P3d, include optional configs so vanilla people can use them without mods, and modsahollic like us can use them with QBZs or Aks ;)

if you use suddens weapons, you-ll ahve mechineguns, marksman rifles and modern aks ;0 link-> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148045-Russians

cheers!

;2705912']Here you go -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152117-China-PLA-Infantry-(Alpha)&highlight=PLA (by Majoris)

Chortles is right' date=' P3d, include optional configs so vanilla people can use them without mods, and modsahollic like us can use them with QBZs or Aks ;)

if you use suddens weapons, you-ll ahve mechineguns, marksman rifles and modern aks ;0 link-> [url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148045-Russians[/url]

cheers!

Oh, you got it. Phones are terrible to do forums with.

hopefully you will make them zeus compatible

I will admit I've never used Zeus, although I can do some reading and experimentation. If anyone wants to provide supplementary info, I'll look into it.

Also, it is settled on the optional configs, which will all be sequentially compatible albeit optional if you don't want to use the addon dependent ones.

I will include the original TRG variants as Shockeros had wanted, I shall also include a config that uses CSAT equipment that is ready to go just in case anyone wants that instead. I shall also download some of the links suggested and get to work on those, I will also keep my eye open for anything I find myself that might fit nicely.

I have some things I need to do this afternoon, but I'll be back on it once I'm done. I'm also going to have to figure out how to create bikeys out of the configs which is something I have not yet done.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I will admit I've never used Zeus, although I can do some reading and experimentation. If anyone wants to provide supplementary info, I'll look into it.

Zeus is pretty easy. You know in the cfgpatches where it lists units? You put their classnames there and you're set.

An example from my addon:

class CfgPatches
{
class TEC_CSAT
{
	units[]=
	{
			"TEC_O_Soldier_F",
			"TEC_O_Soldier_Semiarid_F",
			"TEC_O_Soldier_Urban_F"
	};
	weapons[]={};
	requiredVersion=0.1;
	requiredAddons[]=
	{
		"A3_Characters_F",
		"A3_Characters_F_OPFOR"
	};
};
};

Zeus is pretty easy. You know in the cfgpatches where it lists units? You put their classnames there and you're set.

Thanks, that actually helps quite a bit.

Well, I've more or less finished, although I decided not to convert the one AK pack as I decided it wasn't thematically concurrent, however I did use sudden's Russian weapons pack to good effect, as well as the PLA weapons however I've run into a spot of trouble.

Two of the additional configs have a "lint error" when I try to compile them, secondly I apparently don't have the necessary file to create bikeys which was supposed to be installed with the tools I have, yet I don't see it.

I don't really feel like buggering around installing those again.

Does anyone know what a lint error is? It says that it's something wrong with the config file, yet they both seem to work fine.

I'd like to get this business finished up so people can get to using them again.

Edited by Pd3

Does this "lint error" prevents you from creating a proper .pbo or is it just an error that pops up on screen when using the unit?

opps, I´ve stumbled on this thread by .kju: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?82405-PboDll-The-ultimate-BI-file-handling-suite&highlight=lint+error

it seens lint is an logic/syntax error so you´ve just written something wrong on your config code =/

;2706945']Does this "lint error" prevents you from creating a proper .pbo or is it just an error that pops up on screen when using the unit?

opps' date=' I´ve stumbled on this thread by .kju: [url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?82405-PboDll-The-ultimate-BI-file-handling-suite&highlight=lint+error[/url]

it seens lint is an logic/syntax error so you´ve just written something wrong on your config code =/

I actually think I fixed it, which incidentally did not impede the running of the addon in game at all.

I tried packing it with eliteness and it simply gave me a lint error.

I tried again with BINPBO and it said that a linkproxy declaration lacked a semicolon at the end, even though it ran just fine in spite of it not being there. It seems that when binarizing the config, the application had a bit of a tantrum.

I think it's more or less good to go, it seems to work just fine on my end, so I think I'll pack them up and upload them and write a changelog, etc and it should be available some time later on today.

I regret to say that I won't be creating a bikey for it, so it's kind of just use it as you will. I was kind of hoping to just so it was a little more secure to use if anyone wanted to host a server with them, but perhaps some other conscientiously motivated individual can do that.

Yay! Time to make some missions featuring NK opfors ;) (I hope your mod runs fine with MCC Mission Wizard, would help a lot... but if it has Zeus support, them MCC will work too)

cheers!

Cheers for that, I'm pretty sure it's mostly bug free, if not I'll quickly update.

A note for a few people who get into using both the alternate configs using the VME PLA weapons and, Sudden's weapon pack:

- Sudden's suppressor was initially used when I created custom variants for use with the NK units seemed to have absolutely NO recoil at all, I found this rather strange, so while I did leave the option to attach it if you wish. However it is not on by default, this may annoy some people, but I wanted to go for functionality over style.

- Some of the choices in optics include obviously western products, however again, this was more based on the necessity for function over style. I've heard stories about paramilitary groups in other nations using foreign made accessories for their weapons, so being as that they're a special operations outfit, they've been equipped with the most useful accessories for the job.

That aside, I changed the medic packs to better fit each respective camo scheme instead of simply using the olive green one that was originally used.

There are also unique bags for both AT soldiers as well.

B_NK_medicPack - Black medic pack, used with default camo scheme (figured it was more versatile than green)

MTP_NK_medicPack - used with stratis camo pattern

MTP_NK_RPG - used with default camo scheme - Again, it's actually black, but I just got lazy with the class designation.

MTP_NK_TITAN - used with stratis camo scheme

- Custom weapon variants are as follows

NK_Katiba_GL_MRCO_P

NK_Katiba_GL_NS_S

NK_DMR_ARCO (Rahim)

NK_PLA_KBU_NS

NK_PLA_QBB_MK_DMS - A particularly effective optics combination for use with the QBB squad assault weapon (I decided not to include it as a default unit)

NK_PLA_QBB_MK_SD

NK_PLA_QBB_MK

NK_PLA_QBZ_GL_P

NK_PLA_QBZ_NS_S

NK_TRG21_NS_S

NK_RPK_MRCO_S

NK_SVU107_NS_S

NK_AK107_GL_NS_S

Edited by Pd3

@Pd3

Thank You!!!! :yay:

Dancing Banana's fer everyone!

@Pd3

Thank You!!!! :yay:

Dancing Banana's fer everyone!

No worries, let me know if you find any errors or lack of function with the configs.