Sign in to follow this  
NordKindchen

Spot the soldier - YAY CAMOUFLAGE! (at distance)

Can you spot the two soldiers seargent?

Well...finally - contrary to arma 2 - you can now hide for high magnification scopes with sufficent knowledge of your camo=)

Here they are btw

Oh and this is how it looks from the left soldiers perspective

And this is the right soldiers perspective

Hope you enjoy this possibility as much as I do=)

Greetings!

Edited by NordKindchen

Finally, a good implementation of camouflaging at long distances. ArmA 3 is getting better and better the more I play it.

Can you spot the muzzleflash when they fire?

Abs

Would need someone to test that.

These are bots making the dirty work for me;)

But to be honest - I think the muzzle flash will be less visible but of course it will stay.

Thank you for this thread. It's good to know that we can hide and observe with confidence, at least in PVP.

getting people all shitted up behind foliage isn't anything new. you can do that in arma 2 and 1 already.

getting people all shitted up behind foliage isn't anything new. you can do that in arma 2 and 1 already.

Yes but at longer distances the foliage doesn't render and you can see them quite easily

This isn't really camouflage though is it? Hiding within a bush is more just basic view obstruction isn't it? I always thought Camouflage is when you blend into the environment so its harder to see you even when nothing obstructs the view of the spotter to the target.

Anyhow... Still a welcome change. In arma 2 it was semi possbile to do this, but the way bush LODs morphed made it so at long range it was very unreliable, especially against scoped weapons. Good to see. Now we just need it to work for grass and against the ai...

Yes but at longer distances the foliage doesn't render and you can see them quite easily

That is something id like to see after some long distance fire fights last night, more foliage and bushes rendered at distance and to block the intuited/expected amount of vision.

Well this is not the magic work to camouflage instead they are hiding behind bushes. Never the less really nice but you can do this in other games to, Something i really want to see is a working camouflage system where its hard to spot someone lying in and open field. This is probably not possible because of the grass disappearing after a while -.-

Cool, would love to try this out in a pvp with my unit. And beat them hard :)

Well this is not the magic work to camouflage instead they are hiding behind bushes. Never the less really nice but you can do this in other games to, Something i really want to see is a working camouflage system where its hard to spot someone lying in and open field. This is probably not possible because of the grass disappearing after a while -.-

well this would be possible if the mid range textures would be improved. At the moment the texture resolution is high - but the details on it are low.

Read this(1#) and this(2#)

Greetings!!

Ohhh and btw...Camouflage in the way you guys above think of it works in ONE WAY in the game. If you are on a hilltop and behind you are trees - then you can lay on plain ground and still be invisbile! Wanna example screen?;)