Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Frogman

Metric System Option

When I was an Army ROTC cadet, we were taught to use Metric system, we were all given conversion charts and require to use it during LanNav

It was pretty easy since I grew up outside US and familiar with it already.

I'd still like to see knots and feet when piloting jets or chopperso though...

Yay!

metric vs imperial:

map_of_countries_that_dont_use_metric_system.jpg

but i guess it could be an feature added after the game is released since its far from a priority IMHO.

Knots would be military standard for velocity for naval and (most) aviation units. Would be nice to see KIAS instead of Km/H displayed in aircraft.

Knots would be military standard for velocity for naval and (most) aviation units. Would be nice to see KIAS instead of Km/H displayed in aircraft.
Exactly, and feet instead of meters for altitude...

Yay!

Doesn't overal concern me. Although being in the UK we do use a mixture of Imperial and Metric though. Most things are metric, but speed, distance, height, (Imperial) pints for Cider, Beer, Lager, acres etc.

For games, im so used to using metric it doesn't bother me, especially in combat flight sims (IL2) and other games.

The option would be nice, but doubt i would use it.

Exactly, and feet instead of meters for altitude...

Yay!

You do realize that a nautical mile and knot are not imperial measures and are not the same as statute(land) mile and mph (which is the imperial measure) right ?

You do realize that a nautical mile and knot are not imperial measures and are not the same as statute(land) mile and mph (which is the imperial measure) right ?
I am totally aware, I'm simply pointing out that (realism wise) it shouldn't be km/h and meters like it is now when I fly the helicopters in the game...

The thread evolved around what system should be used, and I pointed out that meters and km/h is perfectly correct for land warfare, but helicopters and jets should use knots and feet... I never spoke about imperial measures in se...

Yay!

I agree, at least the air vehicles should have the option to change units to Speed = Kts and Altitude = Ft. I am a PPL holder in UK, the only aircraft I have seen that measures speed in anything other than Knots is the Piper Cub which displays speed as MPH.

In all fairness km/h is a ridiculous unit to measure the speed of an aircraft, especially when it comes to fast-jets