azz_er

Unable to wear enemy uniform?

Sounds to me that they didn't wish to code in the AI switch or AI stealth items into their game, I've no idea what MP has to do with it at all.

Because not everyone plays co-op/SP like you do and the ability to pick up enemy uniforms would cause total chaos and huge potential for griefers to ruin adversarial missions. Imagine what would happen if you could pick up the other team's uniforms and then go shoot them in the back.

BIS only blocked this in the interface, if you want to make a mission where you pick up enemy uniforms, you can easily script that ability (by adding a switch uniforms addaction to every dead enemy for instance).

No offense, when you're in game, the last thing you look at is what your team mate is wearing at 300m+. You're usually looking for the [mrspock[alpha]] pop up.

No offense, when you're in game, the last thing you look at is what your team mate is wearing at 300m+. You're usually looking for the [mrspock[alpha]] pop up.

In another 12 months it may be difficult to find a noobish server that allows tags in MP.

No offense but in ArmA II all seriou servers have all te little helpers like tags and 3rd person off.

The result st often that you get teamkilled as soon as you have the bad idea to use a just captured enemy vehicle in the vincinty of other players and friendly A.I. You do not ask silly questions in chat or stare at the map in the face of an obvious hostile in your sight.

I guess I'm seeing the different player types:

1. Serious. The guys who take this seriously.

2. Takistani Roleplayers/DayZ/Wasteland/Light Co-Op

I just don't see how some divine being can literally be there where you are, in the field, and tell you, "No, you are unable to equip this."

Does not make sense.

^^ seriously its fun :P

And though the no divine intervention argument has its smerits its propbably best this function is left to mission makers to decide how its used. As it could easily break a mission or be abused in MP if allowed en-masse.

There is also other factors you could consider like wich divinity allowed you to drop your dacks and change uniform and be combat ready in the blink of an eye. Or wich divinity allowed you to get a perfectly wearable uniform from a body that has been shot 20 times and blown up by arty?

Yeah but, its visual, and on lowest settings or at over 300m everyone looks similar. I just don't see the big deal. The OpFor uniform doesn't have a countries flag on it even. And this isn't even set in our time line, it's in the future. Technically it's fiction.

As I said, stealing uniforms as a feature that can't be disabled would be pretty easy to exploit in adversarial multiplayer. It's not like it's hardcoded into the exe that you can't do it, you can easily create a script to circumvent this when necessary. Having it enabled by default is a bad idea however.

Edited by RangerPL

I think it would be nice having this feature, but only if that would mean the side would be switched for such unit.

Regarding any possible problems in MP - how would that be different from a BLUFOR player jumping into an OPFOR tank (except the OPFOR would magically see that the tank is under BLUFOR control - which i consider wrong).

But then again, i am sure such feature could be scripted, so it will be probably best to let the mission designer decide and make it work or not.

I think it would be nice having this feature, but only if that would mean the side would be switched for such unit.

Regarding any possible problems in MP - how would that be different from a BLUFOR player jumping into an OPFOR tank (except the OPFOR would magically see that the tank is under BLUFOR control - which i consider wrong).

The difference is that there are fewer tanks on the battlefield than there is infantry, and it's much harder to steal a tank than it is to kill a dude and take his clothes.

Leaving it up to the editor to implement would be much better in my opinion.

The difference is that there are fewer tanks on the battlefield than there is infantry, and it's much harder to steal a tank than it is to kill a dude and take his clothes.

Leaving it up to the editor to implement would be much better in my opinion.

I generally agree, but also i am not against such feature, because i think it would balance itself.

Remeber the trailer where you were able to change into enemy uniforms to sneak past them? why is this not avalible?

Remeber the trailer where you were able to change into enemy uniforms to sneak past them? why is this not avalible?

Maybe if you had read the, I don't know, first page of this thread, you'd find out?