SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Hmm, i wasnt able to change some weapons or Armor with this system too, but i play with some other mods which makes me able to spawn crates and vehicles^^ Thank god :p

Newbie question. I play with two other people. So there are 3 of us. i use the co24 version (so we each can recruit our own ai squad members. Although we never get to that point, we just die over and over.). Is it possible to reveal the other squad leaders positions on the map? (like in OFP CTI on the map it says alpha, bravo,charlie, etc..).

Also should i just go ahead and disable all of the opfor (since nobody will be using them?)

And lastly how do i create manned guard towers. Someone said to do the resistance side quest but i dont know where that is :-(.

And one final last thing, i sent you a PM :-).

Not sure if you can set in game options to show friendlies on map, but I can add custom markers over team-leader. Disabling AI for playable CSAT roles is good thing to do (may save tiny amount of performance too). In player role screen, you can set parameters. There if you unlock all assests, you can add AI guards and the static weapons and vehicles to guardposts. Else you need to talk to civilian and meet the resistance contact throught that to unlock those features for guardposts.

Thanks for email. :)

Edit: Sent PM back ;)

Edited by SaOk

If you like, Just send me a script and ill record it.

SaOk, can you please add an Option how fast dead bodys will be removed? I figured out after i had a bigger battle that this let drops the frames. So i deleted all dead bodys with MCC and gain back 15fps... Just sayin, what u do is up to you ;)

Good to know, I recently tweaked the bodies to stay longer so player may collect gear. Will check that system again and at least lower max bodies limit.

I´m only trying to give you this feedback that you can create the best experience a player can have. And nothing is better than have a constant Framerate in a shooter

Definitely. :) Also having other optimization tweaks coming - diag_fps just gave 70fps even having 80 AI units on map, but still stutter near big villages. Probably cant change that, but adding tweaks for performance time to time.

No, working on the SP version. But havent forgotten the COOP update, will copy-paste many new scripts soon to it.

As you know i am playing only your SP Version cause i can use the mods i want for it. Sounds great with this diag_fps :) Cant wait to try it out

New WLA SP update. Used mod/addon land/air-vehicles and units can be now enabled to appear for AI, some new tasks, new hints/UI changes, much tweaks and more optimizations.

There is new mod section in WLA-menu, where you can activate wanted classes. Quite work in progress but should work quite good. Just dont enable any strange classes that might not work and all section should keep at least one "item". The changes are also saved if you use the custom savegame function.

Edit: Forgot to mention there can be now friendly roadblocks near friendly camps. And one new optional tasks is for it.

Is this new diag_fps already implemented? I would say the gameflow is smoother as the version before :)

Its only a game command, that I use to check to FPS. It "Returns average framerate calculated over last 16 frames":

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/diag_fps

If you use _n = [] execvm "statusWLA.sqf"; (in esc-menu) that command shows the FPS. Also use it to block some features if getting too poor frames.

But it dosent detect stutter. Something with big villages drop real FPS much even it could say FPS would be still around 50.

Also got strange noticeable performance drop with quite few dead bodies. Once script reached deadbody count and fast removed many of those (which function needs rewriting next), could feel big FPS boost. I will do testing in that area next, probably could find more performance saved there.

But FPS should be better in this version again, that what it was in the previous. Having some new tricks. ;)

So i have only to insert this into the debug window? _n = [] execvm "statusWLA.sqf";

I also noticed that enemy spawn is changing when u sit in a Helicopter. I build a base on that Area where the Hotel is (comes with one of the latest Patches) and i hold the whole Area there and enemys was always approaching from 1000meters. Then i spawned me a Blackfoot Attack Chopper and i wasn´t 5 seconds in the Air and a whole group of Clowns spawned directly in the middle of my area. I was defending 2 hours there, i didnt happen a single time that they spawn so close, but when i was in chopper they spawn where ever they want ^^

Yes, you can check what mission currently have spawned with that. (Remember the vehicle count also include many physX objects)

Thanks, I found one function causing that - when player is flying, more distant camps get spawned and most likely alarmed. That trigger more units to appear, but had bug that made those spawn near the player instead of the camp. Its fixed for the next version, also disabled the whole camp alarm if player is flying. Will try to search possible other bugs.

Hey Saok,

I only play the sp version and noticed you added the ability to resume your game after quitting via the menu you get when you start the level (awesome feature!)

after playing for quite some time (not sure if it was because of the patch before last) it reset the mission to speak to civilians, but when I speak to them I don't get the option to ask about the resistance anymore so I can't complete it.

also what exactly does it mean when reinfocements are "blocked"? sometimes it just stays like that the entire time I play and not sure what is blocking them. could it be AA in the area?

When resuming progress there should be current main task scripts triggered. If you dont have the resistance contact option in conversations, there should be some other tasks listed unless I have some bug in it. Will search for it.

The "Blocked"-status means that the nearest village is not friendly and you cant get reinforcements. I should rework that too.

Ah thanks, unfortunately I don't have the save anymore because I already restarted again.

the only missions I had available when resuming that save was Liberate Altis, Make Contact With Resistance (speak to civilian) and create base camp

when speaking to any civilian all I could do was ask for a mission (defend officer, deliver crates...) or ask about known enemies

would it make sense to put markers on the map to show friendly/neutral/unfriendly villages? perhaps after you've visited them at least once?

Probably some bug then, could be related to the new added main task. Quite tricky to save the task progress right, but will try to improve the functions I use for it. Village and more other markers are possible, will work on that soon.

Yes, you can check what mission currently have spawned with that. (Remember the vehicle count also include many physX objects)

Thanks, I found one function causing that - when player is flying, more distant camps get spawned and most likely alarmed. That trigger more units to appear, but had bug that made those spawn near the player instead of the camp. Its fixed for the next version, also disabled the whole camp alarm if player is flying. Will try to search possible other bugs.

I start later a new round, as always you can count on me when i find suspicious actions by the AI or other bugs.

Can you please disable the Zeus Lightning for the next version or an option to disable it.

New WLA SP update. More tweaks and fixes and added mod section to add civ vehicles and supply trucks. Classes are also now shorted and mod units should be detected to all units list. Removed the lightning.

Edited by SaOk

Yeah, ill try it now, just saw in Previous version the new "MODS" ability as i pressed Shift+1, now i´ll check what is possible there, previously i´ve added the A-10 Warthog to NATO and AAF, very nice :)

Hi, I'm a bit confused about the saves and updates.

I played last version before this update, about 3 hours, saved with 000, then this new update comes in, so I tried to start from my last save, but cannot.

Seems to have another Helo insertion near the same area, but I lost my camp, although one task (contact civilians) was saved.

Is this the correct method? You tasks are saved, but you have to start a new camp each time?

Cheers,

BTW< you've come a long long ways from when you first started. So so much better now. Great voice acting.

I hope you and Bardosy hook up and do a MANW campaign together. That would be great.

EDIT.......................

Sorry, I can see on the Map that my camp is still there. The insertion took me about 1000 meters away.

I'll finish off a task of saving a civilian hostage, then get back camp to see if it is there.

Edited by Kommiekat

Thanks, there is some bug in the camp status saving. Sometimes friendly camp is turned CSAT. I try to fix that soon, have been trying few times already but cant see something.

The resumes insertion takes player some bit away and many things reset. Also any current main tasks, need to be played from start. Will add more and more features that would save - at least player gear and maybe team-mates. Also maybe the chopper insertion could be skipped. Instead there could be small fireplace camp made or player team returned to basecamp.