SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

New WLA SP update. More detailed generated CSAT guardposts (full restart needed for new guardposts to appear from start, else only the new guardposts that CSAT build during mission is created in the new way - WIP, more additions still coming to improve how the posts look), some other tweaks and fixes.

Will work soon on the UI to make it display right with all resolutions/display shapes. Also check if there big camp attacks still dont trigger right. Those virtual fight happen randomly when there opposite side units/guardpost near each other. I see it attacking your empty guardpost. Will fix that too soon.

Edit: Will check the skills for the launchers, but those should be working normally (spawned the same way as mg's and gmg's and those work good). They have been slow to react for me too.

As strange thing, havent got single crash today, not sure if the new changes for guardposts have some effect.

Edited by SaOk

Re: Blastcore, I had read some posts awhile ago that it possibly had some memory leakage problems removing it for me ended the Arma 3 screen of death.

It's not just blastcore, but yes it is one cause. I'm really looking forward to his updated one, when it comes. :)

StLassen: The only way to know what's going on is to play the mission w/o mods just use the @saok and see if it works for you. Then I would start adding them back one at a time till I get the problem also, make sure that any mods you have that are related to "CBA" are added first in the command line starting with "CBA" itself see my earlier post and you'll see my mod command listed. You might want to go inside Arma's property tab and verify your game files, just right click on the Arma3 game inside steams library page to get to it.

Yeah! Just what I did and is doing. Have been running WLA without problems for several hours with no mods (except SaOK).

Then I've added in a few that I consider absolutely core minimum to my taste. Still no problems after several hours.

Will soon add more.

Cheers :)

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

hmmm.... Dogs! Nice ambiant thing but they are really really REALLY annoying when 8 runs around you all the time, following you around, blocking your way... And with that new animal sounds (cool BTW), oh man! I hate their barking! I ended up shooting all the dogs in the area several times.

Cheers

Will tweak the dogs, make them scare gunshots and also following much shorter times. I hope to have much tweaks in near days for vehicle exploding issues, the UI, animals and also more performance/stability tweaks (constantly searching and rewriting old code to be lighter).

i just tried your new version for the first 5 minutes and noticed something different, i keep encountering enemy units... solo kind of units, they are all over the place. are they some sort of patrol? i kinda question myself "are they not in a group?"

also this is new

2qas7t0.jpg

is this some sort of civilian patrol that moves around the map? what can they do? :coop:

---

bcombat's NVgoogles script error wont shut up about its error probably because enemy solo troops keeps spawning?

i just tried your new version for the first 5 minutes and noticed something different, i keep encountering enemy units... solo kind of units, they are all over the place. are they some sort of patrol? i kinda question myself "are they not in a group?"

---

Edited by xrook

also this is new

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qas7t0.jpg

is this some sort of civilian patrol that moves around the map? what can they do? :coop:

Dogs! It is Dogs! Oh, big pack of annoying Dogs! That bark! All the time! And block your way! :D Shoot them!

never mind about the bcombat script error, just realized that one of my squad was wearing an Opfor googles (my fault) which is why it wont shut up

Yes, dogs or wandering sheeps and goats. Need to make them join civilian group to be able to give own movepoints for them.

New SP WLA update. Undercover default gear changes/additions, less exploding purchased/fast-traveled vehicles, UI should scale better with different resolutions/aspect ratio (let me know if spotting something displaying bad), +some other tweaks (less annoying dogs) and fixes.

Quick fix released for that. Had the text size scaling upside down.

thx for that :bounce3:

im playing with TPW's skirmish on and it feels like this mission is a lot more active than before

settings:

3 min spawn timer

2 units spawn per side

1 vehicle enemy vehicle spawn

allys can call in support

i guess i can call this a temp fix until the "peace" problem is solved

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

uh... well now its x2 smaller than the original

Ok, will make the scalling more mild for next update.

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

New smaller WLA SP update. CSAT camp attacks should work again. UI text sizes should be less small with smaller screen (let me know if still bad).

so far so good :rthumb:

the texts now fine now, it all depends on the others if they have issue with it

ill continue playing until i get to the point of me setting up a lot of bases

In regards to my last post on "Northgate's" diminished use of AT attacks on armor.

It appears to be mod related not the virtual sandbox we are playing in. Taking my own advise and loading 1 mod at a time it's safe to say that with just your mod he's a tank killing machine.

I noticed that when he is given an attack order followed up by an engage order he equips his launcher and slow crouches his way to a firing solution.

When using my current mod load-out and the same set of orders he never equips his launcher and he slow crouches to the target with rifle at the ready and gets mowed down.

Trying to find the culprit involved here is going to be a painstaking process, each load-out I try requires me to find armored targets w/o being seen or attacked by other elements.

At the moment "bcombat" appears to be safe but I'm not ready yet to give it a clean seal of approval. As "Northgate" flawlessly engaged and destroyed a AA ZSU but that was done under 100 meters .

I didn't have time to test him out on far away targets.

Will post more when/if I find the culprit

@Ch53

you should post that on the topic of the culprit because for so long i too have been wanting "northgate" to be a tank killing machine

---

@SaOk

you should enable the creation of AI team/weapons inside blue bases to prevent people from creating double bases.

right now i have to create a green base inside the blue base just to set up AI teams/weapons to make the place even well defended

do you have any idea why my squad hates Static weapons so much??

http://i57.tinypic.com/29ap854.jpg

:D

the post didnt merge :confused:

---

bug:

camp near Drimea is also registered as Drimea, it has a local shop but cant set its 'specialty'

Edited by xrook

I have just completed an extensive test of all my non CBA mods (@bcombat;@a3_freeaim_fix;@khlowgrass;@nw_ball;@noidle;@soak) and they work well together, and "Northgate" performs excellently.

Also, all enemy bodies stay right where I plugged them, no more vanishing acts.

Now I'm off to test just the CBA dependent mods where I fear therein lies the problem.

Will check the speciality, seems like something got broken in that. In virtual fights each static vehicle/gun and AI teams have own symbol, so thats normal. But tweaks and fixes coming soon again.

i wonder if this is yours or TPWs

Error position: <group _this

>

Error group: Type Bool, expected Object

Error in expression <me _this) == "GROUP") exitwith {_this};

group _this

>

Error position: <group _this

>

Error group: Type Bool, expected Object

Not mine.

bug:

blue base is gone... its not registered anymore, it wasnt captured nor turned into red base just gone

http://i62.tinypic.com/el5zxk.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/fy1m4m.jpg

---

this flimsy radio antennas are the hardest thing to find during a foggy night and it also took 2 explosive charges to take them down (the big tower only took 1)

http://i62.tinypic.com/xlkysj.jpg

---

Error in expression <= !isnull (uniformContainer _unit);

if (_uniBol) then {

_itemCargoUni = (getitem>

Error position: <_uniBol) then {

_itemCargoUni = (getitem>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unibol

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\ConvertToArmedCivilian.sqf, line 75

Error in expression <argo VestContainer _unit;

if (_uniBol) then {

[_weaCargoUni,_unit,"U"]>

Error position: <_uniBol) then {

[_weaCargoUni,_unit,"U"]>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unibol

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\ConvertToArmedCivilian.sqf, line 143

---

i bought a mortar team, i wasnt aware that it was going to spawn based on where my cursor is... so yeah.... NON SHALL PASS!!

http://i62.tinypic.com/2vbvno6.jpg

---

bug:

remove blockades task, i havnt done anything yet the task just finished itself... convenient :) or... the people just got tired of being angry :yay:

Edited by xrook

Hi SaOk,

Is it possible to incorporate BIS' Virtual Arsenal for your mission?

I tried using VAA (Virtual Arsenal Anywhere), a mod that allows you to access the Virtual Arsenal

on any missions (it even works for BIS' campaign) but something was blocking it on your mission.

Here's the download page in Armaholic if you want to check it out, just in case:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26269

Cheers for making such as badass mission!

trying to get close to this "assault on CSAT camp" optional task that just appeared for me to assist them, then suddenly my FPS dropped from 24-30 to 9-11

this kind of thing happens to me when theres like 300-400 units on the map when playing DUWS, but in your mission i dunno

--

went back to normal after exiting the game

---

i am now getting random stutters

Edited by xrook

Is it possible to incorporate BIS' Virtual Arsenal for your mission?

I tried using VAA (Virtual Arsenal Anywhere), a mod that allows you to access the Virtual Arsenal

on any missions (it even works for BIS' campaign) but something was blocking it on your mission.

I looks like VAA uses the U key. So does WLA (I think). So I guess unless you can change the VAA keybinding, or WLA changes it's keybinding, then they are incompatible.

i understand that the big orange/red circle means theres a skirmish at that radius of the map but i need some clarification as of what the giant orange circle on the map is? its making the map view messy