SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Stlassen, Sorry meant to say that if you use resume button in scenarios menu after updating mission file, that breaks things. Do not use it. ;) Only resume in mission start options.

Got ya! :)

Stlassen, Sorry meant to say that if you use resume button in scenarios menu after updating mission file, that breaks things. Do not use it. ;) Only resume in mission start options.

There shouldnt have been changes to spawn more units, but doing testing soon once getting some more functions rewritten first (good progress already). Next mission update in day or few.

Are you counting vehicles also in that unit counter? Please use _n = [] execvm "statuswla.sqf"; instead.

ok the result with your code. I actually did the "kill Fox Crow the Cunt" Mission and talked to Gorgopolus or whatever his name is :p

1g9kkx.jpg

Thanks for the mission Saok. I've been playing the hell out of this and I'll putting together some feedback soon.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a mod to improve the ai teammates? Some of the issue I'm having are

- medics, I have to tell a medic to heal each team member separately. I'd like them to just heal the whole team or just not have to direct them to do it and just have them do it by themselves.

- ai don't see enemy's very well. It seems very random. They'll see and shoot an enemy 800m out but then can't see the ones 100 m right in front.

I'm not really looking to make the enemy ai harder, just improve my teammates in some areas.

Thanks, :) I set certain friendly AI skills bit higher for next update.

Those result stats look normal. Something else slowing down. Hope to fix the issue soon if its from my scripts.

Now the game configuration menu is becoming slow to respond. Takes about 3 seconds to open. Soon it won't open at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nl25f6iq0xqqxmh/statusWLA001.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu3z0aosaibj5e8/statusWLA002.JPG?dl=0

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Thanks for the mission Saok. I've been playing the hell out of this and I'll putting together some feedback soon.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a mod to improve the ai teammates? Some of the issue I'm having are

- medics, I have to tell a medic to heal each team member separately. I'd like them to just heal the whole team or just not have to direct them to do it and just have them do it by themselves.

- ai don't see enemy's very well. It seems very random. They'll see and shoot an enemy 800m out but then can't see the ones 100 m right in front.

I'm not really looking to make the enemy ai harder, just improve my teammates in some areas.

I think what you want is not something you can get. The AI is simply not intelligent enough, despite it's skills.

Using AI enhancers, such as bCombat, might be your best option, but that won't give you what you want.

I have yet to find any mod that make the medic intelligent.

Thanks, :) I set certain friendly AI skills bit higher for next update.

Those result stats look normal. Something else slowing down. Hope to fix the issue soon if its from my scripts.

~ 10 minutes after that i recieved this "all 10 seconds down to 1 fps" stuttering, it started after i made the missions with "Sitrep to Nato" and "Capture any Camp"... Stutter begins right after captured the base and Chapter V "Sun Rising"

Its some kind of confusing, when u capture a base a text popups "CSAT Reinforcements are for XX minutes.." but thats in some kind not true, cause the counterattack comes instantly, always.

Doesnt matter now, this massive stuttering makes me stop playing. How to resume mission later, with "Resume" or "Restart" and then "Continue Mission" ?

I restart only with your approved Addons.

Some ones come many times.

-arma32014-09-2517-10zcyaa.jpg arma32014-09-2517-14-6qbg7.jpg arma32014-09-2517-50-wmb2r.jpg arma32014-09-2518-58-l5yg5.jpg

When i died, i respawn 2 times(second 10-30 sec after 1. respawn).

Thanks, fixed those for next update.

Will check the camp capturing. Always use "Restart" and then "Continue Mission".

I can add these:

Global namespace not passed during: count AmbientZones > 12 && {CapturedAll > 2} && {{getmarkercolor _x == "ColorRed"} count AmbientZones == 0}
Error in expression <count AmbientZones > 12 && {CapturedAll >
 Error position: <count AmbientZones > 12 && {CapturedAll >
 Error Local variable in global space
Global namespace not passed during: count AmbientZones > 12 && {(({getmarkercolor _x == "ColorRed"} count AmbientZones) / (count AmbientZones)) < 0.2}
Error in expression <count AmbientZones > 12 && {(({getmarker>
 Error position: <count AmbientZones > 12 && {(({getmarker>
Global namespace not passed during: {getmarkercolor _x == "ColorBlue"} count AmbientZones > 2
Global namespace not passed during: {getmarkercolor _x == "ColorBlue"} count AmbientZones > 2
Error in expression <{getmarkercolor _x == "ColorBlue"} count >
 Error position: <getmarkercolor _x == "ColorBlue"} count >
Error in expression <{getmarkercolor _x == "ColorBlue"} count >
 Error position: <getmarkercolor _x == "ColorBlue"} count >

Also there is this:

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\RscTestControlTypes.hpp, line 813: '/RscTestControlTypes/Controls/_CT_CONTROLS_GROUP/Controls/_CT_STATIC.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

You code in file RscTestControlTypes.hpp says:

class Controls
		{
			class _CT_STATIC: _CT_STATIC
			{
				idc = CT_CONTROLS_GROUP_CT_STATIC
				style = ST_PICTURE;
				blinkingPeriod = 0;

Isn't there mission the ';' at the idc = CT_CONTROLS_GROUP_CT_STATIC line?

The PHP errors shouldnt appear anymore after one full mission restart. I had code (conditions) stored in profilenamespace but game didnt like it. The RscTestControlTypes.hpp is dialog samples I took from the BIS dialog template mission. Removed those for next update. Thanks for hinting it was on, had forgotten it.

Edited by SaOk

The PHP errors shouldnt appear anymore after one full mission restart. I had code (conditions) stored in profilenamespace but game didnt like it.

The weird part is, those PHP error come up even before I start the mission. The come up as I start the game, even with no MODS or addons loaded. Just vanilla game. Just tested it again.

The only place I can trace it to, is your code, but why would they show up before mission start?

Hmm... Perhaps I should try and delete all files related to WLA. So as to not miss any, any specific place I should look?

The RscTestControlTypes.hpp is dialog samples I took from the BIS dialog template mission. Removed those for next update. Thanks for hinting it was on, had forgotten it.

You welcome. :)

SaOk,

if possible can you please make the Seagull shut up or something like that? Those birds are everywhere, i could deal with it when they were only next to sea areas but when u are middle of the forest and waiting for incoming attack and a Seagull is permanently giving some noises from the beak, this drive me insane. I´ll try then to shoot them with a M107 Sniper loaded with HE rounds but no chance to hit them they seem protected ^^

The weird part is, those PHP error come up even before I start the mission. The come up as I start the game, even with no MODS or addons loaded. Just vanilla game. Just tested it again.

The only place I can trace it to, is your code, but why would they show up before mission start?

Hmm... Perhaps I should try and delete all files related to WLA. So as to not miss any, any specific place I should look?

Nailed it! It was because this file '<<profile>>.vars.Arma3Profile' contained the information and they wouldn't clear even with clean mission start and what not.

New SP WLA update (dropbox, steam). The fixes and tweaks.

Vehiclezone data is much easier now to follow to avoid leaks in that. Will keep eyes open for other functions needing rewriting.

ps. I have got used with seagull voices here where I live. Every summer they build nest to nearby roof with constant screaming. My homestreet is even named seagull-alleyway. ;)

Edit: I have also seen that respawn character swap delay. Will look for tweaks soon.

Edited by SaOk

potential news from 2.respawn. This Time i saw my Character(same Clothes, name "mckay") lie on Ground. Short Time later i was this Guy :). The Change works only when i go some meters. Time is irrelevant.

Edited by troymcc

As i resumed the mission (Restart->Continue Mission) my Character was swimming 1 meter above ground, no chance to move. Good that i have MCC on board, so far i know it is only possible to fix the bug when u would spawn in water, good is that MCC has a teleport function, short teleport into the sea and back and i was ready to go :)

The stuttering is meanwhile gone but not right away from the start. As is started the Cunts were doing an offensive so i decided to delete this punks and stuttering was gone ^^

Using not the actual release, this one from yesterday i think

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tried the new version now and something strange happens: was in options to make some changes, after that talked directly to a civ to ask him after POW and after the conversation i cant enter the options anymore ^^

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

Uploaded small UI aspect ratio hotfix in dropbox and steam. Should help with lower resolutions and more box aspect ratios. Let me know if you see strange UI placements (stuff going offscreen or over each other).

Bigger updates soon.

Saok, first of all - You did a great mission, big thanks for it. Also big thanks for Your ongoing effort to improve it. I'm a software developer, and I can see, that You put much of Your attention into this subject.

Now, lets get back to the mission inself. I noticed that if I start the SP mission that has already saved progress, after updating it with newer version from dropbox, and exit this mission from load screen, using "Exit and save" option of in-game menu it saves. But when I try to load it again it loads, but I can only see start up animation, however simulation in the backgroud is playing, or it only looks like that, because i can hear and see my team members comms. Only restarting and load old save option fixes this. It could happen also when I loaded save from newer version into older version. I use both versions : version from drop-box and version from steam workshop. The newer one yesterday was from dropbox.

Later when I reloaded mission I started with chopper insertion at the place where I saved. I got the starting tasks "Build basecamp" and "Contact with civilinans". Then I saved, using 0-0-1, and quit. Entering mission angain (3rd time) respawned me in place of chopper insertion with Hunter CKM, and all starter task were autocompleted, after a minute mision properly recognized my progress (factories, powerplants, piers captured, state of map, prestige poins etc) were counted again and I had what I had before this situation. I looks like "quit and save" on starting menu caused it.

Can You look into it ?

Thank you, :) if I understood right, you tried to resume in scenarios menu after updating mission file? That is not supported and cant be fixed. Need to always restart and then in mission start options load the old save. Also if using the esc-menu save button or exit, then my custom savegame file isnt created. That also cant be fixed, need to use shift+1 menu, 0-0-0 or shift+1 options autosave.

When resuming the mission progress, I need to recreate tasks which gives those displayed hints. I will try to see if it would be possible to hide those.

RPT spamming

There is RPT spamming with these two errors:

Error in expression <t = _t + 1;};
_ret = _this select _i;  
_ret
} else {
_this
};
>
 Error position: <_ret
} else {
_this
};
>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _ret
File missions\__cur_sp.altis\ReturnRandom.sqf, line 10

And

Error in expression <_p = _v call RETURNRANDOM;  
_v = _v - [_p]; 
_dt = ["ColorRed","ColorRed","Colo>
 Error position: <_p]; 
_dt = ["ColorRed","ColorRed","Colo>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _p
File missions\__cur_sp.altis\SharedFuncs2.sqf, line 1305

Thanks, prevented that for next update (should have been quite small effect bug).

This is an unusual quite map. I know this is early in the mission, but I have never seen a map this quite before.

Is this due to optimization, feature change, or a bug?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rmnt6vpf4l19dl/2014-09-26_00003.jpg?dl=0

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

What's the status on fixing the spawning things like ambient cars?

I just had my entire team wiped out because an SUV spawned on top of my Marshal with my entire team inside.

How about, when you've found a position for an object or thing, you check for objects near to that position. If there are any within a few meters, the position would either shift a bit or a new one found from scratch.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Bug

There is a bug in the mission, where I deliver a crate to a different town.

I get the mission, but decide to postpone it because I have to clear the way first.

When I get back to where I left the crate, it was gone. So was the mission in the journal.

Then I asked for a new mission from the locals, but I can't get one because I haven't completed the previous one. Only I cannot complete it now since I no longer have the task and the crate is gone.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

The mod main menu, save/load slot, doesn't seem to work.

I set up new vehicles from mods, save it in a slot, but now it doesn't load.

Will try to search why the zones got missing. Added extra distance check for parked/moving cars so those wouldnt spawn over player's vehicle. The task should end if the crate get deleted, checking it (found it).

Will try to search why the zones got missing. Added extra distance check for parked/moving cars so those wouldnt spawn over player's vehicle. The task should end if the crate get deleted, checking it (found it).

Great!

New RPT spamming

Also getting a lot of these when constructing a camp.

Error loading control missions\__cur_sp.altis\description.ext/ConstructionDialog/controls/_CT_SLIDER_1901/
Error loading control missions\__cur_sp.altis\description.ext/ConstructionDialog/controls/_CT_SLIDER_1900/
Error loading control missions\__cur_sp.altis\description.ext/ConstructionDialog/controls/_CT_SLIDER_1902/

Edited by stlassen

Hello....

I am sorry if this question may be annoy you, but, have searched around and found no a clear answer to this question :

What is the correct way to save and resume a mission in WLA...?

I ask this for I love this mission, but I always have problems in resuming the mission...

Every time I use the 'Restart' option and then 'continue old saved game', a lot of stuff is lost, I have to create all squads from scratch, many vehicles are gone, and I have to 'buy' them again, loosing all my merits...

So, I am pretty sure my way of saving or resuming is wrong some way...

Could someone tell me anything about it...?

Thanks for reading and any help...

P.S.

SaOk, would be nice if the 'Rearm weapon' in the WLA Menu appear under the weapon itself, not in the weapon submenu ( with change weapon, and so on )...

Rearming a whole platoon is quite boring passing though all those menus...