Sign in to follow this  
derdoe

Arma 3 Feedback Tracker - how to use

Hello fellow community members,

i hope everyone is having a good time playing around in the Alpha and testing it out.

Many of you will encounter issues that they think are wrong and they want BIS to fix.

For exactly that reason, there is a feedback tracker at feedback.arma3.com.

Now before you start reporting bugs, glitches and missing features, please take a second to read this:

The feedback tracker has a voting system. That means you can vote UP or DOWN to give an indication if the reported problem is that important in your oppinion that the dev team should take care of it. This only works however if you do not open several tickets for one and the same problem. We as the playerbase give the dev team a much better look at the real big problems in the game if we vote on tickets. So please take the time and search on the feedback tracker if someone has reported a similar problem and vote on the ticket instead of reporting a known problem twice or 3 times. The voting results give an indication how serious an issue is for the player base and the devs have an easier time finding out what tickets must be dealt with priority.

If you have done the above steps and havent found your problem in one of the tickets, report your ticket and select the proper priority:

Immediate: game crashes to desktop

High: reproducable game freezes, e.g. trying to pick a certain item up and it happens everytime you try that

Normal: AI not reacting on enemy players

Minor: Sitting position of co-driver is wrong, everyone in car appears in dead animation

For better results with the search, please add tags to your ticket to make it easier to find similar tickets.

More information on how to use the feedback tracker you can find here.

So please please please: use the search function, skip through reports others have made and vote!

Edited by derdoe

Nice thread :)

I'd make it obligatory to add at least e.g. 3-5 tags with short "tag how-to" before the ticket could be published, at this moment almost every ticket has no tags at all which makes people to make tens of duplicate tickets because they can't find the existing tickets of the same subject.

E.g. I spent 5 minutes searching a ticket about the squeak sounds of car tyres, didn't find a single one, made new ticket and found later several tickets of the same subject that had no tags at all.

The bug tracker as it stands has so many duplicates my head hurts.

BIS need to make the search more prominent, Make it big... front and center! Disable adding a new report until you have searched... something!

Possibly even add an ajax enabled search which finds related reports based on the description they are entering before the user submits yet another duplicate, its not hard to do and could drastically improve how it is used by all those taking part in the Alpha.

After checking tens of tickets, I haven't seen a single ticket so far that has had tags before I attached some. The tags and maybe also the use of search function must be set obligatory, really!

Edit: Actually, I think that the tag feature is bugged. I'm sure that I've added tags to every ticket that I've sent, but none of the tickets had tags when I opened them after sending them. That explains the lack of tags. I'd make still using the tags and search before posting new ticket obligatory though.

Edited by Ezcoo

After checking tens of tickets, I haven't seen a single ticket so far that has had tags before I attached some. The tags and maybe also the use of search function must be set obligatory, really!

Edit: Actually, I think that the tag feature is bugged. I'm sure that I've added tags to every ticket that I've sent, but none of the tickets had tags when I opened them after sending them. That explains the lack of tags. I'd make still using the tags and search before posting new ticket obligatory though.

I have added tags to one of my tickets and its working.

Also added your suggestion about the tags to the OP, thanks for your feedback!

There's also an official how-to guide here. ;)

Thanks! Adding that link to the OP.

The bugtracker we use at my work, bugzilla, has a functionality to mark a bug as a duplicate of another bug, which is quite useful for eliminating all those duplicated bugs. Doesn't mantis (which is I think what they use on the Alpha bugtracker) have a similar functionality ? Or can only devs change that (I think it's the "Relationship" field) ?

Edit: never mind, in Mantis, you also need to close the bug to mark it as a duplicate, which a reporter probably can't do anyway.

The bugtracker we use at my work, bugzilla, has a functionality to mark a bug as a duplicate of another bug, which is quite useful for eliminating all those duplicated bugs. Doesn't mantis (which is I think what they use on the Alpha bugtracker) have a similar functionality ? Or can only devs change that (I think it's the "Relationship" field) ?

Edit: never mind, in Mantis, you also need to close the bug to mark it as a duplicate, which a reporter probably can't do anyway.

Haven't used Mantis a lot, but if I remember correctly, you can close a bug (provided you have the privileges to do so) and mark it as "duplicate of ####" as the resolution.

EDIT: LoL, Edit while I was posting. You already said it, bro :)

The sheer amount of duplicates is unbelieveable! I wish people start finally looking if their issue was reported yet.

Also people reporting wrong animations with priority Immediate ... :q:

Edited by derdoe

how can you delete your profile. It shows the EMail address to public which is a very serious security risk!

how can you delete your profile. It shows the EMail address to public which is a very serious security risk!

Do you mean privacy issue? Not sure what the security risk would be?

if the username is the same as the store login - and to show the Email itself is a security risk!

the email is half of the login Key - the second half is the password. Email fishing. Spam mails.

No giving you Email to public is one of the worst ideas ever.

they should forbid anonymous login / or restrict it to only show info thats not personal. Cannot be used to trace an EMail address.

Search function? Where is it, where is a button? I can only see "issue #" window and jump button, but what ever is typed there return an "APPLICATION ERROR #203" with a note - A number was expected for bug_id.

nevermind, found it :j: