Sign in to follow this  
CapMorganCD

Textlog/debuglog

hey all

i was wondering if anyone knows hoy to use this commands, i ve checked the com. ref. i but can't figure how to use them.

textlog/DebugLog

any help will be apreciated.

If anyone knows anything about debugLog can you let us know? It looks like it does nothing. smile.gif I sure could use it right now...

Yep....

Tried various combinations, did not work :

- Start OFP from DOS cmd, no text returned in the command box.

- same with redirection in files :  "operationFlashpoint.exe > debug.txt 2>1" , file is empty sad.gif .

- "operationFlashpoint.exe -debug" wink.gif , nothing more.

- Checked every file modified after game launch, nothing with any debugLog text in it (I even checked Win files....)

One thing I did not watch was the dedicated server. Perhaps the debugLog log in the dedicated server little window (the one which says "Server initialized")... confused.gif

This would be VERY usefull for saving important parameters of missions, and could be used for example for multiplayer "dynamic" campaign (at least having some record of forces at the end of a MP mission).

Whis'

TextLog and DebugLog do nothing in the retail build. We used them during development, but they were disabled when going Gold.

I just started making a very large and complex mission

I was hoping to use this to dump titletext and hint messages and variable values into a text file for reference

I was simply going to run lines like

?(Scriptcheck):hint "Randomiser.sqs"

and

?(Debug):hint "Randomiser.sqs, @Label LOOP"

so that i could track by switching on or off booleans where a series of scripting systems were coming stuck, which of course will happen when compliling extensive code

I was saddened by seeing this post

Shame you took it out

It would have saved me a lot of testing and debugging

If you ever did develop a new patch, it would be nice to see it  or something similar brought back

I just started making a very large and complex mission

I was hoping to use this to dump titletext and hint messages and variable values into a text file for reference

I was simply going to run lines like

?(Scriptcheck):hint "Randomiser.sqs"

and

?(Debug):hint "Randomiser.sqs, @Label LOOP"

so that i could track by switching on or off booleans where a series of scripting systems were coming stuck, which of course will happen when compliling extensive code

I was saddened by seeing this post

Shame you took it out

It would have saved me a lot of testing and debugging

If you ever did develop a new patch, it would be nice to see it  or something similar brought back

Moot point here, but interesting all the same.

I don't think TextLog would have dumped to a text file. When you see the text "debugging output" mentioned (as it is in the Command Reference) Windoze programmers know this to be the Win32 output.

Suma, were you using the OutputDebugString Win32 API for this?

OK, I know this question means squat at the mo but hopefully TextLog and DebugLog will return... then we can use DebugView from www.sysinternals.com to capture output from our scripts.

(revive approved by placebo)

Any news about this?

As CoC made this good mod, that seems to have recoded some "core" stuff in OFP, are there any chanse there are anyone out there that has thoughts of building an "log" system for us?

or perhaps(I really wish) there are one available allready?