Sign in to follow this  
SGT.cz90-CZ

ArmA 3 Supporter - distribution of future DLCs

Hey guys.

I want to ask, how will the ArmA 3 Supporter edition's DLC offer be solved. Do I activate an actual "Supporter" edition on Steam and then get the DLCs automatically upon their release, or activate a "Digital Deluxe" edition of ArmA 3, and then obtain the DLCs as a CD-key in an e-mail upon release of said DLC?

Best Regards,

Serza

My guess is when you purchase the supporter edition and activate it on Steam they give you the "Season Pass" deal that many games are doing now.

For supporter eddition you need to have an Sprocket account, so may be from there.

Supporter Edition will only be able to be bought via store.bistudio.com rather than Digital Deluxe and Alpha, were they can be purchased via Steam and store.bistudio.com.

Imotionless, how does that answer my question?

Thanks for the opinion guys. We'll see I guess.

How about A2ACR? See I already have A2CO+BAF but I bought the sup.edt and ACR is missing (I only have lite)? Do I have to buy it separatly or have SS steam messed up?

I desperately need to know the answer to this question as well. Additionally, if it IS sent via steam, is it sent in the form of gifts? Or does the DLC just automatically get applied on release day? Very frustrating not knowing. I really hope they just send the keys for the DLC to my BIStore account.

These questions seem premature, plus I'll remind you a quote from the Supporter package.

All future Arma 3 DLCs

If any, does not apply to standalone expansions or sequels.

I don't think there's an answer for this right now.

At least I haven't seen it discussed or asked prior.

As an owner of the supporter edition I can tell you when I purchased the supporter edition from BI store and activated it in steam. I redeemed the game "Arma 3 Supporter Edition" When I purchased the game again, this time just the standard edition it shows up in steam as "Arma 3 Alpha Retail"

Even though in the library for the games, it's listed as just Arma 3 alpha, they are different items. Which leads me to believe you will receive the DLC automatically to the supported edition as it's released. It will not come as a separate steam key, nor as a gift. The additional games arma anniversary and OFP are received as a gift which can be redeemed or sent to a friend.

I could be wrong, I'm just speculating.

We will have to wait for an official word from a DEV, or just wait and see when the first DLC comes out. (wont be for long time)

How about A2ACR? See I already have A2CO+BAF but I bought the sup.edt and ACR is missing (I only have lite)? Do I have to buy it separatly or have SS steam messed up?

ACR is not included in Arma X.