Sign in to follow this  
Stoner

Ase fix for ofp:resistance

Thanks go to Hees for...what he calls his basic code to allow ASE to detect OFP:Resistance servers.

Well, I personally didn't understand all of what you had typed Hees. However, Savage helped me to setup ASE to find OFP:R servers using your code snippet. Since I could not initially understand what was typed I made a tutorial for those of us who don't quite get it, using your information. I hope you don't mind.

There is a little tutorial with screen shots included. I can probably answer some questions regarding what I put on the webpage, however any code related questions needs to be pointed at Hees.

ASE screen shot tutorial for OFP:R

Stoner

http://www.stone-keep.com

Stoner=God

Hees=God

So what if i'm Polytheistic tounge.gif

It seems to have stopped working. Last night I created the Resistance filter as described on your website Stoner, and there were about 15 servers which I could join no problem. Now though the list is always empty and no amount of refreshing adds even one server. Anyone else getting this?

Yep, ASE just dled a new update and now it won't work.

crap...that was a nice work around too...if its not the developers taking OFP:r out of the EYE...its the EYE takin OFP:R out on its own...   sad.gif

According to another thread on the ASE forums this also happened to "Americas Army" filters/games. This brings up the thought that all that is blocked by intention. I feel sad as a long time registered ASE user. What's next? My key beeing rendered worthless because i'd like to have my favorite game supported and JK wanting his code to be integrated by the developers?

http://www.udpsoft.com/forum/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=790

The day they updated..Mine stopped working. So yes, ASE is blocking it. I am sick of this.

Stoner

This isnt cool. I doubt that ASE is doing it on purpose, as they have always added support for all possible games. I believe that an unholy business relationship between Gamespy and Bohemia Interactive have given Gamespy exclusive hosting and browsing rights, and ASE may have been threatened with litigation if they continue to offer their program as an alternative browser. I have no proof of this, but it is the only explanation I can see for this completely unprecedented and very confusing move by ASE

It could just as easily be a plan by UDPSoft to encourage people to sign up to their pay service. Personally I would be more inclined to believe that than to believe some underhand deal done by Bis, Codemasters' on the other hand are money hungry leeching scum so yes I could believe it of them, only time will tell, but hey I love a good conspiracy, shame 3drat.com aint around no more LMAO smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 13 2002,04<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It could just as easily be a plan by UDPSoft to encourage people to sign up to their pay service.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the problem with that is I read through their forum, and the paying members have had the same thing happen to them, and a lot of em are pissed, because they are Americas Army gamers, and AA has had the same thing happen.

Edit: I do think it is BIS though, because if you will go on Gamespy's site, that is the only place I have seen with an ad for Resistance. So, what does BIS do? they make a deal with Gamespy. Gamespy gets exclusive game browsing/hosting and d/l rights for patches (Ill just bet you we will find this out next update); In return, BIS gets free ad space (within reason) On all of Gamespy's sites (Fileplanet, Arcade, etc), and Gamespy gives awards for BIS games that deserve it, but would probably have been edged out by better known games, had there not been an "Understanding" in place.

Im sure BIS did this, because CM wouldve been too stupid to figure this sort of thing out

It won't be BIS. The developer of the game has nothing to do with this sort of thing, it's the publisher's job to make deals with companies like Gamespy in order to seel more copies. Blame Codemasters, as always. wink.gif

Yes but the publishers don't take out support from the game for Public master servers. The Developers do that. Anyway, its seems to be off and on, as my filter was working fine this morning.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 13 2002,05:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Edit: I do think it is BIS though, because if you will go on Gamespy's site, that is the only place I have seen with an ad for Resistance. So, what does BIS do? they make a deal with Gamespy. Gamespy gets exclusive game browsing/hosting and d/l rights for patches (Ill just bet you we will find this out next update); In return, BIS gets free ad space (within reason) On all of Gamespy's sites (Fileplanet, Arcade, etc), and Gamespy gives awards for BIS games that deserve it, but would probably have been edged out by better known games, had there not been an "Understanding" in place.<span id='postcolor'>

Nice speculation - but as with most conspiration theories, it is not true.

We did not perform any single step to prevent ASE working with OFP:R - and we see no reason to do so.

Suma,

do you have any idea why the custom made filters for ASE with gamename "opflashr" just show a few servers then, while the ingame browser shows a lot more servers? I'd be glad if this hassle could be solved with your return :-)

Thanks.

Just in case others weren't aware setting up ASE filters and scripting them is very simple.

Just use the Wizard page found here:

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/wizard.html

Also...

I found about the easiest way to add support for OFPR in ASE is to add the following to the FILTERS.TXT file (It can just be added to the end of the file):

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

OPFLASH:R

ServerType: OFPR

RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Flashpoint Resistance\MAIN

ExeName: FlashpointResistance.exe

JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} -connect={ip} -port={port}[ "-password={PASSWORD}"][ "-name={NAME}"]

HostTemplate: {EXEPATH} -host[ "-name={NAME}"]

Port: 2302

Mutex: SV

Icon: IDI_OFP

1 if servertype == "OFPR" keep

2 if servertype != "OLD" remove

3 if gamename != "opflashr" remove

<span id='postcolor'>

or you can also look for the Operation Flashpoint section in the FILTERS.TXT and replace it with the following:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Operation Flashpoint

ServerType: OFP

RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\MAIN

ExeName: OperationFlashpoint.EXE

JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} -connect={ip} -port={port}[ "-password={PASSWORD}"][ "-name={NAME}"]

Port: 2234

Icon: IDI_OFP

1 if servertype == "OFP*" keep

3 if gamename != "*opflash*" remove

<span id='postcolor'>

You will notice on line 1 and on line 3 the *... this allows for a wild and thus opflashr will be allowed.

(note: when ASE does filter updates you 'may' need to manually update the file but it's very simple to do. However, this is the same place other custom filters are stored so I would assume it would remain)

That's it... simple no?

Ed,

thanks for your ASE filter summary. We dealt with that on another thread. The deal is the ingame browser is listing far more servers than ASE does.

Cheers

I don't know about you guys but my Resistance filter seems to be finding more servers now. At first there were just ten European servers, then some US ones added to that, and now a Japanese one has just appeared. From 0 servers the other day I now have 22 (without any modifiers), which suits me fine. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ July 15 2002,11:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice speculation - but as with most conspiration theories, it is not true.

We did not perform any single step to prevent ASE working with OFP:R - and we see no reason to do so.<span id='postcolor'>

Glad to hear it

For now i can find 14 on ASE and *fifty* in OFP:R's ingame browser.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ July 15 2002,11:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We did not perform any single step to prevent ASE working with OFP:R - and we see no reason to do so.<span id='postcolor'>

What about some steps to clear this mess? Mind you, I've paid for GS3D but my personal choice is to use ASE. What you can do is contact JK at UDPSoft and have a word with him and his blasted SDK. Together you can make this a much nicer world.

Here's the reply from the ASE programmer JK:

"OFP:R uses gamespy's proprietary master server which we have no access to. That's why you only see a couple of servers on the list (the ones you see are probably recently upgraded OFP servers and they too will drop off the list when the servers are taken down or the scanner is restarted)."

Suma, as you claim you did not change anything please help to clear this thing out.

http://www.udpsoft.com/forum....tart=20

*Bump* Still no reply.

Both parties involved are doing the Great Silentium. After all, they have our money, why care? I'm getting fed up with this prima donna-stuff.

Oh yeah, bump btw.

Plz forgive me, I don't read the complete Thread.

Here's another Solution to Add OFP-Resistance into ASE

Copy Resistance Icon from Org. CD into ../OFP/Res/ Folder

open ../ASE/filters.txt and add following code. Change bold text:

Operation Flashpoint Resistance

ServerType: OFPR

RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\MAIN

ExeName: FlashpointResistance.exe

Port: 2302

Icon: e:/spiele/operationflashpoint/res/flashpoint_resistance.ico

1 if servertype == "OFPR" keep

3 if gamename != "opflashr" remove

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\game in progress

Mutex: OFPRGAME

1 if timeleft <= "0" remove

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\waiting for players

1 if timeleft != "0" remove

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\unknown

Flags: OTHER

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\version

Group: NUL

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\version\1.78

Mutex: OFPRVER

Group: OFPRVER

1 if version == "178" keep

2 if gamever != "1.78" remove

Operation Flashpoint Resistance\version\1.75

Mutex: OFPRVER

Group: OFPRVER

1 if version == "175" keep

2 if gamever != "1.75" remove

That's it..

When ASE update's its own filters.txt put in code again.

Easy, isn't it ??

*gg*

Shorty,

please read the whole thread then. Hardly any available servers show up by doing this.

Cheers