Sign in to follow this  
Addictionubg

New wave of hackers, more deadly than before.

Classic case of not knowing wth your talking about.

Pot? Meet kettle...

Please stop posting... the grownups are trying to have a nice conversation.

Classic case of not knowing wth your talking about.

Says the guy hosting a mission he didn't even create. And the same one who is purchasing "anti-hacks", when the best anti-hack you can get is free.

Making scripts that have the code server sided is simple. Compile the code, broadcast it, then on the client, call it. And like others have said, you just need to know what you're doing to be able to write said scripts. Not to sound like an a-hole, but you really should educate yourself before insulting others.

Please stop the snidey comments and flamebaiting, if posters cannot post in a civil manner they cannot post.

My bad, I just want him to understand that the person he was insulting wasn't in the wrong with his post. And you can indeed secure (or help secure) your server using scripts.

Purchasing anti-hacks from hackers (protection money!) instead of learning how to secure a server is something one can't really troll.

That almost sounds similar to paying mob bosses from protection from their own men. However, as paying customers, we shouldn't have to take such measures. It should be a constant mission for the developer to update and apply new patches to thwart hacks.

That almost sounds similar to paying mob bosses from protection from their own men. However, as paying customers, we shouldn't have to take such measures. It should be a constant mission for the developer to update and apply new patches to thwart hacks.

Devs already do that. But you still need to know how to secure your server

BattlEye does do that, Idk if you owned arma 2 before dayz, but BE has improved drastically in the last year.

BattlEye does do that, Idk if you owned arma 2 before dayz, but BE has improved drastically in the last year.

I have to agree with this. BE is far from perfect, but DayZ's success has forced it to evolve and improve - and improve it has.

What do you mean "we shouldn't have to take such countermeasures"? And why would you take said "countermeasure" of buying anti hack prevention from hackers to begin with? That would be the last thing any admin would want to do... and this is the first I'm hearing of someone doing this in... well... since I started playing this series over a decade ago.

And you don't think BI/BE do the best they can to keep up with the hacks? Just like any other anti hack countermeasure... You should just be glad that in Arma, users can take matters into their own hands to further help themselves. It's up to the admins, to learn some things so he or she can properly admin. Admining is more than just logging in and selecting a mission to play... :rolleyes:

Edited by Iceman77

Admining is more than just logging in and selecting a mission to play... :rolleyes:

Way too true. Also, like you said, purchasing antihacks is straight up unintelligent, however, I can see the intelligence in getting your hands on the hacks themselves and setting up isNil checks for specific gvars located in the hacks, however BE can't be expected to go through every gvar a hack uses as similar vars may be used by mission makers. So they're pretty much unstoppable (at the scripting level) by a universal antihack, so people need to get used to it. You can craft your own code to limit, or sometimes stop hackers. People should stop crying about battleye for everything, they try their very best, and take constant criticism. How I'd hate to be a BE dev.

Just to make you aware, some of the hacker groups are running servers now - I found 2 servers with admins and friends exploiting weaknesses in 404Wasteland this weekend and their conversations were very revealing. They are totally un-ashamed by their activities and see it as legitimate 'fun'. While some admins really do need to read the excellent & FREE "How to secure you server" info by DWarden, just be aware that as a player not every server is run by honest people, although the vast majority are.

Just to make you aware, some of the hacker groups are running servers now - I found 2 servers with admins and friends exploiting weaknesses in 404Wasteland this weekend and their conversations were very revealing. They are totally un-ashamed by their activities and see it as legitimate 'fun'. While some admins really do need to read the excellent & FREE "How to secure you server" info by DWarden, just be aware that as a player not every server is run by honest people, although the vast majority are.

Server admins cheating has been occurring for awhile on certain servers (not going to name any names). They like to call them "admin tools." I prefer to call them what they are, cheats.

The nice thing about BE global bans is (for the most part) they'll get banned themselves too.

40 minutes..... 40 minutes is what it took to break the new "anti-cheat" BE put out... (still waiting on the reactive change by BE to make it secure)

40 minutes..... 40 minutes is what it took to break the new "anti-cheat" BE put out... (still waiting on the reactive change by BE to make it secure)

What are you talking about?