Sign in to follow this  
astast

astast WIP mods

Hello everyone,

I'm astast and i just started making my own units! This is all new for me but i'm making good progress (I like the think so at least) anyways i have started making danish specialforces and danish anti terror units but also american Navy Seals. I will make all models from scratch and i will try to do my best to make the gear look as real as possible so i can deliver all the sweet gear we all like ;)

Since this is my first project regarding model making and unit making for that matter i'm what some people would call a noob and i'm not professional in any way i just want to do my fair share and i hope i can pay this awesome community back for a few great years :D

Any feedback and help is greatly appreciated.

For now i don't have much, i started making the vest but figured out i wanted to make a base model and then make vest on top and after that make the model fit the vest and other gears on the body.

Here is some very WIP of my work so far:

iV0HkUfqOwsMd.png

ilggRFJme1iur.png

Hope you like it.

Best Regards astast :D

Wish you all the best on your project. WIP's look promising already. :)

Jaegercorps eh? nice change of pace; best of luck.

Unfortunatly as i said i'm still learning and i haven't attempted any fabric/organic based modeling, only solid, so if i have any weapon lights, sights, NVG's ect i'll pass them on.

Thanks guys for the kind comments ;)

@Scarecrow398

Don't worry about it it's my first time too, but they will need nvg right?

If so i want to make my own i think they were named gpnvg or something like that.

And the Jaegercorps is a unit on the same level as seals only difference is that they are danish, but since denmark is so small noone really knows about them.

I have made a 2000x2000 big picture with camo for my seals there is no place on the texture that is the same so they won't have any similarities that will be looking weird ;) here is what a small part looks like:

iTnEFWeCdHT9N.png

I cant show you the whole thing because i wanna keep this from people who will use it in a wrong way.

If you want to use it on your units pm me!

*EDIT*

Just finnished a 160th soar helmet

I want to make some real army pilots instead of the BIS

here is some WIP of it:

i94bmRHSbU98z.png

ibgtexY7OIGMfD.png

ixCLRQMTgXjZF.png

I need to add a few things to it but i think it will be good :)

Regards astast

Edited by astast

I have made a 2000x2000 big picture with camo for my seals there is no place on the texture that is the same so they won't have any similarities that will be looking weird ;) here is what a small part looks like:

http://i4.minus.com/iTnEFWeCdHT9N.png

I cant show you the whole thing because i wanna keep this from people who will use it in a wrong way.

If you want to use it on your units pm me!

*EDIT*

Just finnished a 160th soar helmet

I want to make some real army pilots instead of the BIS

here is some WIP of it:

http://i5.minus.com/i94bmRHSbU98z.png

http://i1.minus.com/ibgtexY7OIGMfD.png

http://i5.minus.com/ixCLRQMTgXjZF.png

I need to add a few things to it but i think it will be good :)

Regards astast

Nice; pushing out gear at a fast rate compared to some, try not to burn your self out :P

I like that digital camo, nice work, same to the gear :P

Nice; pushing out gear at a fast rate compared to some, try not to burn your self out :P

Haha don't worry didn't take me long besides it's weekend, i don't have any homework and it's snowing outside :( now i'm just working on the visor it looks weird in a strange way can't seem to find out what's wrong :?

I like that digital camo, nice work, same to the gear :P

I also just made a woodland digital camo ;)

Edited by astast

Is it possible to make a "light" unit stripped of all the gear for training purposes. I was making a machinima earlier and I couldn't find Seals with their training outfit. So I had to settle for 'this remove weapons' in the init. It turned out ok but I really whished for a light unit. Check it out if you like:

Is it possible to make a "light" unit stripped of all the gear for training purposes. I was making a machinima earlier and I couldn't find Seals with their training outfit. So I had to settle for 'this remove weapons' in the init. It turned out ok but I really whished for a light unit. Check it out if you like:

Yes i know the feel when you want a scene of a base where the units wear light gear so i will make that if it wont be to much of a problem :)

I will wait for the base model to take shape and be done then i will make the unit without gear first and then later all the gear :D one question would it be okay for the unit just to wear a vest without pouches? If so then i will do it no matter what since i will make all pouches and other gear hidden selections when at that point. I can also make one without a vest but that will be another model and i would have to rig it and i don't know how that is done so if anyone knows and wanna share some information on how that's done i would be very happy

Thanks

Edited by astast

Hello,

Okay so here is the thing!

To get a little fun out of the waiting i thought it would be nice with a little competition now and then, that means i will make a competition once in a while where you can earn beta access to mods and addons ;)

Competition #1:

The first one who can tell me what this is and what it is for will, earn a spot on the beta-testers list when on this list you will get the a beta of the thing that uses this:

ibmBp2OhJ8Gj5q.png

Go Go Go!

*People who i know can't compete, sorry*

Hello,

Okay so here is the thing!

To get a little fun out of the waiting i thought it would be nice with a little competition now and then, that means i will make a competition once in a while where you can earn beta access to mods and addons ;)

Competition #1:

The first one who can tell me what this is and what it is for will, earn a spot on the beta-testers list when on this list you will get the a beta of the thing that uses this:

http://i4.minus.com/ibmBp2OhJ8Gj5q.png

Go Go Go!

*People who i know can't compete, sorry*

I'm going with Picatinny rail?

I'm going with Picatinny rail?

Okay first part of #1 is over if you can tell me what weapon it's for you will have beta access :D

Picatinny rail for the HK416?

We have the winners, Beta for Lennard and Scarecrow398 :D

If you had said mk18 it would also have been a winner so that was competition #1

I made the rail to big so i started over on the model :)

*EDIT*

Here is some WIP shots of the hk416:

iRdbwpxhWFVqT.png

iQ4pOAS1nOwml.png

Enjoy!

Edited by astast
Updated photos

A great start, looking forward to your units :)

Thanks guys :D

*EDIT*

I remade the camo since it wasn't like aor1 camo :(

But good news is it turned out good :D here is a little preview:

ihAJRToxpDgl4.png

Edited by astast

I just finnished the basic shape of the Ops Core Fast Helmet here is a few pictures:

iJLy8hYz0XOkX.png

iDvOYhRd1FTRH.png

iRJDX4zIj791R.png

ibgFr6rkkjZLL3.png

Looking good buddy! Top Job! ;)

Keep up the good work.

New Pictures optimised it:

iZWZlK09F9TSF.png

ibdYuaemfxUUUn.png

I see Thomas i will correct that later :D for now break :D