Sign in to follow this  
quincy

Ramadi Iraq is under construction

Trash? Every. I was in Ramadii in 05 and 06, IED use was heavy, so trash added more camouflage to the IED's. Huge pot holes from IED's, all over the road. Google maps pretty well shows the main base, a palace. One can see all the military equipment on it. The Mosques were everywhere. These people pray 5x a day. Having one mosque in a city as large as Ramadii dont make no sense. The one that stood out the most to me was Sadam mosque.

If you are serious about producing this, I'd be more than willing to highlight some areas on google maps that were key conflict areas, ridden with trash and what not, the main hardballs, etc.

The Mosques were everywhere. These people pray 5x a day. Having one mosque in a city as large as Ramadii dont make no sense.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was talking about in my previous post - IRL, there are @200 mosques in Fallujah (fewer after the Marines passed through...). As Fallujah 1.2 was a 1:1 representation of the actual city, one would reasonably expect to see a fair number of domes and minarets throughout, yet there were exactly zero.

Again, not a criticism of the author - Fallujah 1.2 is a stunning piece of work - just a suggestion that I feel would really amplify the immersion factor for this new map.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was talking about in my previous post - IRL, there are @200 mosques in Fallujah (fewer after the Marines passed through...). As Fallujah 1.2 was a 1:1 representation of the actual city, one would reasonably expect to see a fair number of domes and minarets throughout, yet there were exactly zero.

Again, not a criticism of the author - Fallujah 1.2 is a stunning piece of work - just a suggestion that I feel would really amplify the immersion factor for this new map.

i currently have 2 mosque i will probolly add 2 more the scale of my city isnt very big

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Trash? Every. I was in Ramadii in 05 and 06, IED use was heavy, so trash added more camouflage to the IED's. Huge pot holes from IED's, all over the road. Google maps pretty well shows the main base, a palace. One can see all the military equipment on it. The Mosques were everywhere. These people pray 5x a day. Having one mosque in a city as large as Ramadii dont make no sense. The one that stood out the most to me was Sadam mosque.

If you are serious about producing this, I'd be more than willing to highlight some areas on google maps that were key conflict areas, ridden with trash and what not, the main hardballs, etc.

i would appriciate that. as for the mosque i have created the sadam mosque first . i have another mosque mid city so far. soon i will post more pictures of my progress

Ramadii is relatively flat. It sits directly on the euphrates.

If you have team speak, Quincy, it would be more suitable. I can discuss things like the government center (ambush hot spot) and baseline road (in 06 conventional forces rarely would go south of baseline road due to the large foreign fighter presence)

Edited by Morphene

Would've been much better if the map was less flat.

Not sure if you mean Fallujah or the upcoming Ramadi, but ... what a silly comment. These are flat, densely-packed Middle-eastern cities, not San Francisco.

Wait - a 20K Bay Area map would be kind of fun...

Ramadii is relatively flat. It sits directly on the euphrates.

If you have team speak, Quincy, it would be more suitable. I can discuss things like the government center (ambush hot spot) and baseline road (in 06 conventional forces rarely would go south of baseline road due to the large foreign fighter presence)

if you can discribe the government center that would be great. was it ruined. were there any tall buildings that stood out like the huge hotel i have sticking out of the middle of the city lol

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Would've been much better if the map was less flat.

most iraq cities are flat the only elevated areas i have are 2 bridges and of course the euphrates sea level is about -5 m below the terrain level and runs from - 30 to - 100m deep in my map

The government city was decimated in 06. My platoon alone hit over 30 IED's in there. We took contact from ambushed several times, once from Sadam mosque, followed up by one in the government center. Yes, tall buildings on either side, riddled by bullets and shrapnel from EFP's, as many of the buildings near this area were. this area specifically had a plethora of potholes, most from IED's. They would blow them, refill the holes and blow them again.

The government city was decimated in 06. My platoon alone hit over 30 IED's in there. We took contact from ambushed several times, once from Sadam mosque, followed up by one in the government center. Yes, tall buildings on either side, riddled by bullets and shrapnel from EFP's, as many of the buildings near this area were. this area specifically had a plethora of potholes, most from IED's. They would blow them, refill the holes and blow them again.

thank you. more screenshots will be posted in the next few days

Don't give up!

I can't wait for this map, it suits the kind of missions I have in mind a lot better than fallujah, with the street structure and building variation that isn't just one big square of buildings.

I'm really looking forward to it, is there any updates??

Don't give up!

I can't wait for this map, it suits the kind of missions I have in mind a lot better than fallujah, with the street structure and building variation that isn't just one big square of buildings.

I'm really looking forward to it, is there any updates??

so far just the new video i put up. i took out all mgb buildings and replacing them with just BI buildings. as soon as everything looks neat il give more screen shots.

Very nice! Gives you that real Iragi atmosphere, looking forward to it.

Yes, really looking forward to this map, can't wait.