Sign in to follow this  
namman2

Tracks not working

I have a D9 model everything works great except for the tracks , do they need some specific settings or smth? the tracks are uvmapped vertically as BIS tracks , it never happened to me before

- do they have proper selection (pasoffsetL, pasofsetR afair) ?

if yes than:

- are they NOT selected as dammagehide ?

tracks are one of few exeptions in Arma that cannot be selected as dammagehide , when selected as dammagehide than not animate

yes and yes

i don't know what's causing them not to work , i copied the tracks from a bis vehicle and they worked although they have the same selections and stuff

yes they are they have all the selections as the bis tracks , i copied bis tracks to the models (from the m113) and they worked but the D9 tracks didn't

like this?

class CfgModels

{

class Default

{

sections[] = {};

sectionsInherit="";

skeletonName = "";

};

class d9:default

{

skeletonName="d9";

sections[]=

{

"l svetlo",

"p svetlo",

"pasoffsetL",

"pasoffsetP",

"zasleh"

};

class Animations

yes , and thanks for the help i've already found the problem , it was in the materials some how , i copied the t72 tracks material file and it worked , thnx everyone ;)

ooooooo, material caused this :O surprise of the year :O

i would never suppose to think that material can make anything except "shining or sparks"

Well, the animation of the tracks is done by animating the UVs... so it is a texture coordinate thing but that doesn't explain the material needed. By material I assume he means res lod rvmat.

yes, indeed, thats why very strange that his animation changed AFTER rvmat change, really surprising

another thing that might be is... BIS tools bug, i observed few bugs (when changing model.cfg and when it NOT affected model):

- before windows restart,

- the same mission in editor (show type missions, to faster load new vehicles to test)

and all worked for me :

- after windows restart or

- when i placed the same vehicle on new "mission" in editor

cause last Saturday i spent 4 hours on "why the hell this animation is not working", i went to shop , so i switched off PC, i was back from shop, started PC, started editor on "desert island" instead of loading Utes "mission" and ... suddenly my animation works, if it started to animate for him after change rvmat, woow, BIS tools still have some mysterious things

As I've gone to length to explain several times earlier, DONT freak out if something is defying all logic and not working (in the tools) ........ the tool are not perfect and many times a complete restart of the tools is required for something to start working.

Not common, but something you must learn to be wary of because you could give up on a "feature" thinking it'll never work ......

But in saying that, like Vilas, I quite regularly still fall into the trap, started re-writing my model.cfg or re-doing the p3d named sections, to find out nothing was wrong, except the tool needed resetting.

One to watch out for;

Remodelling a proxy object, then finding O2 is still "remembers" the old proxy design when you re-load the main model p3d which uses the proxy !!

Despite reloading the main model several time, the old proxy still sits there ! Fixed by restarting O2 and Buldozer

Edited by [APS]Gnat

if it was only tool restarting, in many cases it is whole Windows restart (cleaning memory)

in my cars police lightbar and car carier ramp started to work after restart of windows

if it was only tool restarting, in many cases it is whole Windows restart (cleaning memory)

That would be annoying. Could be my Windows7 64bit cleans the memory for me after I close the tools. Maybe.

there is no "pagefile.sys" in Windows above Vista, such memory file exist in all NT systems (NT, Milenium, XP, Vista) and some memory "dies" along with restart of Windows (afaik, at least i am not IT guy, just user)

Win7 afai heard keeps all in RAM , not on HDD, so if aplication is closed, than all "memory" vanishes, but in NT-core systems when something is closed it still can be in pagefile.sys to load it to RAM again if necessary (in era of slow and "low speed and low capacity" memory it was good idea, now when we have 1800 Mhz and 8 GB memory it is useless) - at least me thinks so, in some cases closing tools not worked for me, but reset of XP do, also reset of mission worked for me ,

for example i placed all my cars on map, saved mission and than tested cars - and ... than animation do not started, but WHEN i placed them all AGAIN from scratch on empty mission editor , than it worked (and i thought it was my config or model config mistake),

imagine yourself you made big campaign for "police", you made lightbars and ... it not acts ingame till you place cars in new mission, redoing mission from scratch ? omg

so i do not understand WHY my lightbar do not start IN mission when i placed all my cars on Utes BEFORE update of addon, but it DO works when i placed those the same cars AFTER update in NEW mission on Desert or Bukovina,

it may even someone think "he has a bug in his addon" while "made mission from scratch and than test" can change view , strange, surprising and annoying thing that i observed (at least in XP)

Edited by vilas

Weird !

I can only think its related to loading sequence of default addons configs vs timing of game loading your configs .....

Does your CfgPatches use ?

requiredAddons[] = {"CAWeapons" etc etc};