Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Sa-80 still jams

any comment about my montages would be appreciated

You know what brit army should get?

AK-101. It has NATO Ammo so no problems with bullet drop, reliable as an AK-47, has selective fire, and is simpler and same price as an M-16.

Also, effective sight range is 1000 meters. wink.gif

1011.gif

and what about my weapons ? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ July 05 2002,17:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">any comment about my montages would be appreciated<span id='postcolor'>

In your designs (especially the bullpup ones), keep in mind that the bolt needs to be able to travel backwards completely in order to strip a round from the magazine. You'd also need room for a recoil spring behind the magazine.

hmm thx , thought about that .... afterward smile.gif

but yes it's a problem and try to make ood looking stuff with these contraints smile.gif

made those tonight in 5 minutes specially for this thread smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ July 05 2002,17:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's the beauty part, frag.

You can put optics on it biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But the 5.56mm is still largely ineffective at that distance, regardless of what rifle it is being fired from.

I have a rifle chambered in 5.56mm with a 24" bull barrel, and while it would develop more velocity and energy than any military rifle commonly in use, I wouldn't use it for targets at 1000 meters. A heavier bullet would be a much more appropriate choice.

24bbl.jpg

BTW. frag, you are wrong. the TAR-21 mag is situated immideatly after the butt shock absorbers. the spring system is just built in the middle of the gun. this way you get a bullpup weapon with the length of M-4 and the barrel length of M-16A2.

its all in the design.

btw. did the Spanish army considered the Galil? ROFLMAO. biggrin.gif

Jeez, is anyone other then S. american countries fall for this weapon?

True, you can do that. There is even the AN-94 which doesn't use a lug on the bolt to strip the next round from the magazine, but these are all very unconventional designs. Not impossible, just uncommon.

WOW! you answer faast! biggrin.gif

well, its time for some experiments no? i mean its the same design that had been goin around the past half-century.

i think bullpup is the design of the future, if they'll learn to design it right.

i must say, i tested the Tar-21, and it works like a chram, even under harsh condition

The biggest disadvantage of the bullpup design is the location of the magazine. It can get in the way while handling the weapon, and is in a terrible location for reloads.

I can reload an M16/AR15 in under two seconds if it has been shot dry (less if it still has a round in it), while keeping the muzzle on the target. A bullpup design will force you to change your hold on the weapon to reload it.

You guys should get together and open a new weapons company.

tounge.gif

Operation Guns Inc.

OGI

Find a cheap machine shop/factory in Poland. You're all set.

well frag, yes and no.

when you shoot and you have a stoppage, you ALLWAYS check your weapon, cause under comabt condition, you really cant tell if thats an empty mag or a stuck bullet, or feeding problem. so you always get off the sights.

even if you dont do it, your aim will be off, cause the weapon moves. and you'll have to readjust your aim.

about mag changing: my rookies had done pretty good job at it. and i'll bet you that they'll do it no slower then you mate.

its all up to the training.

and the weapon is more versatile compared to a regular designed weapon e.g: CQB of all sorts.

I was talking about a reload, not a malfunction clearance.

In the case of the M16, all I need to do is drop the magazine using the magazine release (trigger finger), while simultaneously grabbing another magazines from pouch/vest/whatever, insert it, give it a quick tug, and then a slap on the left side of the weapon to allow the bolt to travel home and chamber a round.

If it is a tactical reload (i.e. weapon isn't dry), slapping the rifle won't do anything, but if the bolt was locked back on an empty magazine, it will release the bolt when done properly. There's no need to fidget with the bolt catch or pull the charging handle.