Waxbutter

Hell in the Pacific 0.5 beta release

Hello!

Good you got it working.

If the AI doesn't retract the gear, this usually means it has been destroyed during take-off.

But yes, there is a command too: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Actions#LandGearUp

Cheers,

Dimitri

Thanks for the help... :-)

another thing

I have difficult to get the AI planes to target enemy planes, i have set there behaviour to careless, but still they seem very reluctant to engage. Any solution for this?

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

one more thing, im using the north pacific map, and wether i spawn the planes or they start on the map, at some time ythey insist on moving to either one of the airports or down the left corner, very annoying :-)

I have difficult to get the AI planes to target enemy planes

I don't know from the top of my head, but the workaround is mentioned in the manual somewhere.

one more thing, im using the north pacific map, and wether i spawn the planes or they start on the map, at some time ythey insist on moving to either one of the airports or down the left corner, very annoying :-)

Hm, never noticed that. Maybe the just run out of fuel? Other than that: no idea, sorry.

Cheers!

hey guys i got some questions.

how do i make a respawn point on the carrier or usn and how do make them start whit loaded vehicles on their cargo menu?

also i downloaded the playwhitsix version is it outdated or something? bcuz it seems to have 2 missing maps "iwo jima and wake island " but i check the mod folder and i got 2files named ped_iwo_jima.pb.wx.bsing and ped_wake_island_pb.wx.bsing

how do i make a respawn point on the carrier or usn and how do make them start whit loaded vehicles on their cargo menu?

Hi rodrix. Sorry for not replying sooner. Putting a respawn point on the carrier can be done a few different ways. If you start on the carrier in the first place then you can add something like this to your init.sqf:

if (local player) then {
unitStartPos = getPosASL player;
player addEventhandler ["Respawn", {
	player setPosASL unitStartPos;
}];
};

Or you could use the carriers cargo positions, just change "myCarrierName" to whatever you called your carrier:

if (local player) then {
       player moveInCargo myCarrierName;
              [] spawn {
                    sleep 1;
                    player action ["GetOut", vehicle player];
              }; 
      }];
};

Check this post for how to add aircraft to a carrier:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143150-Hell-in-the-Pacific-0-5-beta-release&p=2292646&viewfull=1#post2292646

also i downloaded the playwhitsix version is it outdated or something? bcuz it seems to have 2 missing maps "iwo jima and wake island " but i check the mod folder and i got 2files named ped_iwo_jima.pb.wx.bsing and ped_wake_island_pb.wx.bsing

Those 2 islands are nowhere near being done... they're basically just the ground layout and thats it. So your not missing anything. The maps which are complete (as far as A2 version goes) are Tarawa and Peleliu.

Hi rodrix. Sorry for not replying sooner. Putting a respawn point on the carrier can be done a few different ways. If you start on the carrier in the first place then you can add something like this to your init.sqf:

if (local player) then {
unitStartPos = getPosASL player;
	player setPosASL unitStartPos;
}];
};

Or you could use the carriers cargo positions, just change "myCarrierName" to whatever you called your carrier:

if (local player) then {
       player moveInCargo myCarrierName;
              [] spawn {
                    sleep 1;
                    player action ["GetOut", vehicle player];
              }; 
      }];
};

Check this post for how to add aircraft to a carrier:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143150-Hell-in-the-Pacific-0-5-beta-release&p=2292646&viewfull=1#post2292646

Those 2 islands are nowhere near being done... they're basically just the ground layout and thats it. So your not missing anything. The maps which are complete (as far as A2 version goes) are Tarawa and Peleliu.

thx for ur help

also when i use this command:

PHP Code:

for "_i" from 0 to 4 do {

_tLc = "WX_LCM3" createvehicle [0,0,100];

waitUntil {(not isNull _tLc)};

_tLc setPos (getPos ship1);

[_tLc,server,-1] execVM "\DIH_logistics\scripts\DIH_log_psob.sqf";

sleep 0.05;

};

for the lcm3 loaded on the ship they spawn under usn, is there any way to fix it ? should i change the [0,0,100] value?

Hi guys. Please, it is possible to use the Iwo Jima map? It's enough the ground layout for me. Is exists a Iwo Jima.pbo or something else? Pls help.

thx for ur help

also when i use this command:

PHP Code:

for "_i" from 0 to 4 do {

_tLc = "WX_LCM3" createvehicle [0,0,100];

waitUntil {(not isNull _tLc)};

_tLc setPos (getPos ship1);

[_tLc,server,-1] execVM "\DIH_logistics\scripts\DIH_log_psob.sqf";

sleep 0.05;

};

for the lcm3 loaded on the ship they spawn under usn, is there any way to fix it ? should i change the [0,0,100] value?

Looking at the script, DIH_log_psob.sqf is normally called from an addAction on the boat by a player.

_boat = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;
_id = _this select 2;

So I would say your parameters are not right: [_tLc,server,-1]

I don't think this script is really designed for what your doing, but you may be able to trick it by changing 'server' to any western unit present on the map?

Edited by Foxy

Laucher Alpinestars ver 3.1.1 to ARMY II does not detect the mods Hell in the Pacific. All modes are supported by the Laucher outside HiP the Laucher does not detect. I am anxious to mod was fired by Laucher, any tips.:confused:

Edited by czernobyl10

Ok i think i know what was wrong. czernobyl10 had a "spacebar" in his @mod name -> @PACYFIC 05. and arma dont see mods when there is "spacebar" in mod name.

Spacebar cut off the rest of modname so the game saw -> @PACYFIC.

We talk about this on Polish arma forum.

Edited by tom3kb

Jeez, I've just started reading "Guadalcanal: The Definitive Account of the Landmark Battle" from Mr. Richard B. Frank.

And guess what???

I'd simply loooove to see that Guadalcanal map for Arma2 finished. I'd even send you 5 bucks ...

(me knows ... just a drop in the basket :D)

Greetz from a mission maker...

Sorry but we're not doing any more updates for HIP in A2.

Pedersen has already been working on Guadalcanal for A3 though.

This mod is still active but we have not made some much noise out on the public forums.... yet.

;)

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Thank you to Vandevoorde for sending the old Iwo island. I remaked it a bit. :)

Thank you to Vandevoorde for sending the old Iwo island. I remaked it a bit. :)

Mate, would you mind making this publicly available? ...

I guess that mission file may be a hell of a treat...

Greetz.

That version of Iwo Jima Island you see in the youtube clip is a bad Sketchup that I made long time ago. It will never be done or released for the public.

The good news I can tell you, there IS a NEW Version of Iwo Jima I made that the Public will seen in the future, but when I can not say.

We have not made any updates or news post on the forum about the mod. That does not mean we not active, we work in the shadows.

All I can say is keep your eyes open this summer for a HIP-mod team Banzai charge on the forums with Information.

:)

That is really good news. :) And it will release for Arma2 or 3?

That is really good news. :) And it will release for Arma2 or 3?

You just have to wait and see what eye candy that might show up ;)

All I can say is keep your eyes open this summer for a HIP-mod team Banzai charge on the forums with Information.

:)

:bounce3:

Keeping my eyes open I will...

You just made my day.

Greetz.

So recently I installed Hell in the Pacific and I also downloaded the sound mod for it and it says that the Ai's will talk and all that stuff and I have seen this in the videos too, so I go to Armaholic.com and I downloaded it and the sounds for weapons, bullet whizzing and the death music work but the Ai's won't talk and I was wondering if anyone had any solutions or the same problem and could help me.

So I plugged in the script into the AI's and it just stops my game and it doesn't respond, I am using it for editor and I just have no idea what to do instead of just plugging this In for the Ai's, thanks again D.

private ["_checked"];

_checked = [];

sleep 30;

if (not local player) exitWith {};

while {true} do {

{

if (_x in _checked) then {} else

{

if ((not isPlayer leader _x) and ((count units _x) > 1)) then {

[_x] execVM "\wx_ambient_voices\DIH_ambientVoice.sqf";

};

_checked = _checked + [_x];

};

sleep 2;

} forEach allGroups;

sleep 15;

};

So I plugged in the script into the AI's and it just stops my game and it doesn't respond, I am using it for editor and I just have no idea what to do instead of just plugging this In for the Ai's, thanks again D.

Mate, don't try to open that script with every single AI, but start it within your init.sqf.

execVM "NameofScript" ... that's all it takes :D

And there'll only be units talking who are not part of your squad, so make sure to place some extra- AI's.

Greetz.

Edit because of spelling- spasm. (as usual...) :butbut:

Is the whole AI voices thing for missions because I am doing it in editing and can't hear them and also I am really new to editing and I don't understand where you put the code into to make them talk, Sorry Again for pestering you guys D.

Is the whole AI voices thing for missions because I am doing it in editing and can't hear them and also I am really new to editing and I don't understand where you put the code into to make them talk, Sorry Again for pestering you guys D.

No problem mate, let me get more detailed...

First off, i just tested, those AI- voices do work right from the editor, so there's no need to built a complete mission.

Please take that script of yours(it's actually the same one that I do use...), copy it into your Windows- editor and save it in .sqf formate.

For example as "voices.sqf".

Now you'll need to find the path, all your saved editor- missions are kept in (you did save that mission you want to have voices in, right?).

In my case it's "C:user/myuser/documents/Arma 2/username/missions".

Your path may depend on wether you're using Steam or not. I'am NOT! :p

After you've hopefully found that missions- folder, add the newly- created "voices.sqf" into your mission.

OK we've almost got that... :j:

Now, inside your missions- folder open up another Windows- Editor- file. Enter the following line,

execVM "voices.sqf";

And save said file under the name "init.sqf".

I really hope you got me right, although English isn't my first language...

If I'm not mistaken, this should give you talking AI's, have a great game mate...

Greetz.