Sign in to follow this  
das attorney

TrackIR Scope

Overview:

TrackIR Scope is a basic clientside mod to give TrackIR users visual feedback on where their head is pointed while they are zoomed into a scope.

Please see video for description:

OEm3dsD-nms

Dependancies:

CBA

Userconfig:

The userconfig file included with the download can be edited. All of Arma's weapons with scopes are sorted into arrays based on the shape/size of scope. You can move weapons into different arrays or remove them if you wish. You can add modded weapons to the arrays as well.

Also, you can edit the threshold at which the scope surround starts to move. Just change the HORDE_TIR_threshold value in the userconfig to a number between 0 and 1.

Note when using weapons with CQB sights:

Arma 2 lacks a scripting function to determine which sight is currently in use. Because of this, any weapons in the HORDE_TIR_CQB array will have arrows at the side of the screen to indicate where your head is pointed when you are zoomed in. This allows the user to still determine where their head is at when zoomed. Obv, I couldn't put a scope surround on the screen because it will show up and look stupid when in the CQB sights. This is a cheap and nasty solution but until they add a scripting command in, nothing can be done about it. There is a ticket on DevHeaven, so please vote it up and maybe BIS will fix it.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/22876

Multiplayer:

Should be okay for MP, please report any issues. Keys included in download. No need to install on dedicated server, only need to add key.

Request:

As you can tell, I am really shit at art, so if some talented person could make better scope surrounds for this mod, I would be really grateful.

Download:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101800212/TIR_Scope_test_v2_sigs.7z

If Sickboy reads this, please add to SU!

Enjoy and please leave feedback here. Thanks :)

Edited by Das Attorney

Das Attorney, Thank you for this great addon!

I will try it asap.

Also, are you planning to release @ACE version?

thx Das, downloading and testing.

I'm going to be honest man, this is silly. I've been playing arma with trackIR for years and never had this problem. Add in a deadzone so your view isnt going bat shit crazy, sorted.

Cheap and nasty solution indeed. I like the idea but it really doesn't look good to me and breaks immersion more than it adds with its very rough implementation. If there was a black circle layer behind the scope layer that covered the opposite side of the scope it would be pretty realistic, especially if the movement was fluid and not three different positions that the textures switched to. (People who have used a scope with magnification in real life know what I mean, and such an effect is used inside the scope of Red Orchestra 2.)

Thanks for comments people.

If you want to add ACE weapons to the mod, just add the classnames into the userconfig\TIRScope\Tirscope.hpp file like so:

HORDE_TIR_CQB[]={
"AKS_74_NSPU",
"G36A_camo",
"G36K_camo",
"BAF_L85A2_RIS_ACOG",
"BAF_L85A2_UGL_ACOG",
"BAF_L85A2_RIS_SUSAT",
"BAF_L85A2_UGL_SUSAT",
"BAF_L86A2_ACOG",
"M4A3_RCO_GL_EP1",
"SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_RCO",
"SCAR_L_STD_Mk4CQT",
"SCAR_H_STD_EGLM_Spect",
"Sa58V_RCO_EP1",
"SVD_NSPU_EP1",
"ACE_M4_ACOG",  // added ACE class
"ACE_AK103_GL_PSO",  // added ACE class
"ACE_AK103_PSO",  // added ACE class
"ACE_AK104_PSO"  // added ACE class
};

You can add them in to any of the arrays, so you can specify what surrounds you want for what guns.

Re: Version 1 signatures - damn, I thought I was up to date. Thanks for letting me know SB - Can someone test if this re-sign is version 2 please?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101800212/TIR_Scope_test_v2_sigs.7z

If okay, I'll ask SB and Foxhound to update their respective repositories.

I cannot add some sort of dynamic floating resource on screen as Arma does not support it AFAIK. If anyone knows how, then please educate me. Only 3 positions are available because the script runs 10 times a second and having to code in 5 positions (for example) would be a huge 25 outcome switch-do operation and poss affect performance. As I say in OP, this is a basic mod, more proof of concept than anything. Feel free to make something better if you want something better.

As for person with silly comment: I find TIR deadzones unsatisfying, robotic and contra to what TIR adds to the game. Hence I do not use. How about you go and use your deadzone and stop trolling my thread? Sorted.

Been doing some more work on this. I didn't think I could dynamically move resources on screen, but spent some time in the BIKI and found it's possible.

I've only got it working on the DMR so far, and I need to smooth out the disableSerialization error. (I know how to fix it but haven't got round to it yet). Then will test to make sure it's not affecting performance before releasing update. Here's a small video of work so far:

Ye5wMXDWiHQ

Somebody mentioned something about adding another layer to mimic a real scope. I've only ever fired air rifles and that was years ago so I'm not aware of how this looks. Please post up a video if poss demonstrating this effect so I can see it. (For possible future integration).

Thx, DA

EDIT: That was my 666th post.

Edited by Das Attorney
Satan