Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Ppsh-41 addon

OK, I am working on a PPSh-41 mod for the resistance (maybe a bit ambitious for my first mod), and I need some advice/help.

Anyone got a pic or know where I can get a pic of the iron sights (failing that, which OFP sight is the closest, MP5?).

Also, I've got a few firing sounds...but more would always be welcome.

For the beta, I will be using an AKR model, but with the firing characteristics of a PPSh...I'm in the process of getting some 3D software (I've got the demos of GMAX and Milkshape)...I've also found some really good pics for skinning the model too.

Finally, any general advice on this type of mod would be appreciated  smile.gif

(If I do OK on the PPSh-41, my next projects will be an RPD and then an SKS)

The ight on a ppsh would be very simple. The rear is more like an AK the front would be closer to the mp5 but the front sight pin dome would be more oval shaped, not a circle and a bit higher. I have seen one in RL up close but have no pictures.

Hey, if you want, I'll try to dig up my old PPsh-41 model I did for a HL mod, but that never ended up gettin used....

--Legionnaire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Legionnaire 7 @ July 02 2002,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, if you want, I'll try to dig up my old PPsh-41 model I did for a HL mod, but that never ended up gettin used....

--Legionnaire<span id='postcolor'>

That would be awesome bud!

Could you email it to me?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ July 02 2002,17:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The ight on a ppsh would be very simple. The rear is more like an AK the front would be closer to the mp5 but the front sight pin dome would be more oval shaped, not a circle and a bit higher. I have seen one in RL up close but have no pictures.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, which is the closest?

070320024514586.jpg

070320024514418.jpg

Probably the MP5...if I had a "through sight" pic I would make a new one...

Guest Scooby

Ppsh was a copy of suomi SMG. Maybe you should do suomi smg instead?

True, but I feel that the PPSh-41 is more appropriate for the Resistance forces...

Why don't you do them both. But preferably the PPSh-41 first, yes, because there were over 4 million made during WW2 and most certainly it exists still today in large numbers.

Simonov SKS would be great too as well as Mosin-Nagant bolt action rifle. They are perfect resistance weapons smile.gif

Ppsh-41 definately needs to be done, good luck in your effort.

I was kind of dissapointed when Resistance didn't have more of old Soviet stuff like bolt-action rifles, SMGs or SKS carbine, RPD etc. Good point is that they added old Tokarev TT-33 pistol wink.gif

Some ingame Beta version shots. Contact me if you want to trial the beta version (should be ready in the next 24 hours, at most).

080120028585351.jpg

080120028585283.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(If I do OK on the PPSh-41, my next projects will be an RPD and then an SKS) <span id='postcolor'>

Simonov SKS already exist, Bibmi made it. RPD released too but can't remeber by who (seen in SEB Nam Pack).

Anyway, your PPSh-41 seem nice, I wait and check flashpoint1985 forum just for it smile.gif This weapon will be perfect for East in WW2 as much Vietnam war (used by vietcong)

nice, nice.

but in the icon in the briefing, remove the strap that goes over the shoulder, cos if you look on the ak models and other weapons, the sptraps are not included. they clutter the image.

i think the nagan revolver should be added too.

some rifles too, like someone said, just cant remember their names right now.

plus maybe a self-reloading sniper rifle instead of the SVD

Pre-oxygen made stuff is crap. Better to release proper versions of weapons, like the FN Minimi etc.