Sign in to follow this  
Sven2157

RTD( RotorLib FDM ) Question...

Only RotorLib. Why should BI pay for a license (FixedWingLib) they dont use?

;2244230']Only RotorLib. Why should BI pay for a license (FixedWingLib) they dont use?

Wasn't really sure how the RTD Licensing worked... Never heard of them before TKOH...

Ok thanks..

Just to confirm, yes, we only incorporate the RotorLib libraries :)

Out of curiosity (ignore the licensing aspect for this question): would it be technically possible to include the FixedWingLib?

Note: i do not ask if you consider doing it as i guess this would be a clear "no" and i respect that. Would it be technically possible at all?

Thanks DnA for the Reply...

Myke;2244355']Out of curiosity (ignore the licensing aspect for this question): would it be technically possible to include the FixedWingLib?

Note: i do not ask if you consider doing it as i guess this would be a clear "no" and i respect that. Would it be technically possible at all?

Myke' date=' from what I understand, the Real Time Dynamic Libraries are compiled with the game's code( hard coded into the .EXE ). So if they don't have the SDK for the FixedWing, then it is simply not there. If they purchase a license for the FixedWing, then they would get the SDK from RTD and they could compile it with TKOH's code.

I hope I understood what you were asking.

I ask because I wanted to do a little testing, and depending on the outcome of the tests, I wanted introduce an new set of capabilities/possibilities to TKOH:

[b']JT-5 Autogyo by Tervamaki Engineering[/b]:

thumbnail_JT-5B_ToH.png thumbnail_JT-5B_ToH_2.png thumbnail_JT-5B_ToH_3.png

The fact that the FixedWingLib FDM is not included won't stop me, as the autorotation is there... I will let you all know how it goes... :cool:

Edited by Sven2157

Even if the license would cover it, making use of external libraries is not a matter of just incorporating them into the project. Connecting all of the components to our own engine would take a lot of work, as it has for RotorLib. Once all of that is done, developing the flight model configurations is very time-consuming as well. We currently do not have an active project that seeks to integrate it.

I'm sorry if i sounded like i wanted you to include it, i was just curious about the technical aspect which is now answered. I'm no programmer so the only thing i can actually do is asking stupid questions. :D

Thanks for your answers, really appreciate it (also thx to you, Sven).

The tech director at work had a big rant the other day about people using the words 'Can't you just...' ^_^