Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

Eagle dynamics will release the UH-1H Huey

Do they model mast bumping from low G push overs or other conditions where the rotor disc is unloaded?

"Mast bumping is modeled and can include both a "soft" impact against the mast or actual rotor separation"

It's a sim, not a game :)

Trees issue will be fixed with EDGE, for sure.

It's a sim, not a game :)

So you're not playing it when you're using it? You're, what, training?

Make no mistake, it's entertainment software.

it's entertainment software.

It is, and it's a simulator too. I make no mistake :)

I wonder if mast bumping is undermodeled in the sim because I did everything wrong when it comes to flying the huey in low g conditions trying to get my rotor to fly off but nothing happened. I just recovered from the roll without any damage.

I'll be all over this ;) I'm currently learning to fly the P-51D Mustang which turns out to be quite a challange to get into the air and an even bigger challenge to land.

you should try cliffs of dover...you get more than one plane.... http://store.steampowered.com/app/63950/

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

So you're not playing it when you're using it? You're, what, training?

Make no mistake, it's entertainment software.

and when you are flying a simulated 109 over a map in france navigating by instruments and a knee map while watching your gauges so as not to overheat the engine and learning how to feather prop after damage and watch your landing speed because you have figured out after a few crashes what is meant by "stall speed" that is a simulator and yes while it is still a "game" anyone who has spent hundreds of hours in these "simulators" are much farther along in learning how to fly than someone who is just thrown into a cockpit and told to fly!

you should try cliffs of dover...you get more than one plane.... http://store.steampowered.com/app/63950/

I've been on the fence with this one several times already. I know it's just ten bucks but I'm investing so much time in DCS and to some degree Arma that I'm not quite sure about it.

I fly the Warthog, the Mustang and now the Huey on a regular basis (mostly multiplayer) and I can do the startup in the Ka-50. Even though the Mustang suffers from limited conted atm a simple navigation flight with a bunch of guys on TS is a lot of fun and quite a challenge to get right. More content is coming in the future though so I'm not too worried about it.

My favorite DCS module atm is easily the Huey but the others are not far behind. I feel like I know the cockpit of the A-10C like my own pocket and the P-51 is just really fun to fly.

Has cliffs of Dover become playable? I remember there were some very serious problems and bugs at release.

Has cliffs of Dover become playable? I remember there were some very serious problems and bugs at release.

A bunch of guys in my squadron have CLOD and according to them it's become playable with the latest patches.

You might want to try Rise of FLight too...it's even more basic and purely dogfighting and low tech bombing...and you can play it for free. (SPAD XIII and Albatros D.Va)

http://riseofflight.com/en

after the developers pulled the plug the community has taken over and made more advances in less time than the dev's did :) here is the group that is now fixing and hosting a 90 player server :) just so you know cliffs of dover is more simulator than arcade shooter. :) http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

Edited by ric

It is, and it's a simulator too. I make no mistake :)

So now you're saying it's a simulator and also a game. Good then, mistake corrected ;)