Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

More athmospheric campaigns ala PMC style

Kinda comes late, brought arma x last week, and played pmc campaign. Mission on proven grounds, where you have to take out tanks and vehicles with as-50, did kinda catch me a lot. I felt like i'm playing some different game, had a dejavu after seen that huge crater for first time, was also nice experience. BIS did an awesome job with PMC, and i really wish, BIS could make more campaigns like this. Maybe more cruel moments like mass grave in chernarus campaign, some stealth missions in fog coverage etc.

I hope you guys, implemented all that in arma 3 campaign already.:)

Edited by NeuroFunker

Eagle Wing had tremendous atmosphere and I never got to deep into PMC but it definitely had a "feel" as well. But for the sake of all things sandbox-holy, please, no invincible AI which I spotted in both of those. There is no need for that shortcut as missions can easily have a backup plan if 'Important NPC#4' dies.

PMC campaign was beyond awful. It did everything so wrong. Except for one thing - it showed that you can't make ArmA a Call of Duty clone.

Imo the EW and PMC campaign were some nice demos to show what else is possible with A2OA+DLC's. Question is what is more important to remember: the style/art or the characters + story of a campaign?

Imo the EW and PMC campaign were some nice demos to show what else is possible with A2OA+DLC's. Question is what is more important to remember: the style/art or the characters + story of a campaign?

well tbh. the story since ofp resistance times, never was so exciting again, characters? Well they look kinda "moody" as well, not giving any impressions, style/art, most probably, since it's arma, you can't just do CODish style campaigns. And as i mentioned before, moments like mass grave at chernarus campaign, or that huge crater at proving grounds + the mission it self, thats what impressed me most from arma campaigns. Also civilian live, like in resistance campaign, i remember it stunned me pretty much, playing it for first time years back. Somehow BIS was very successful with simulating civilian live in their games.

Edited by NeuroFunker