Sign in to follow this  
tom3kb

[CAMP-SP] Operation Harvester

Campaign: Operation Harvester v2.0

Author: tom3kb

Story:

Few days before Operation Harvest Red. CDF and US Marines forces fight against ChDKZ on Podagorsk peninsula (Operation Harvester). Razor team is one of the US Marines squads that take part in this operation.

Features:

-5 missions single player campaign,

-short intro/outro and few short cutscenes,

-briefings, overview etc,

-you can change weapons in briefing (A2 and OA weapons),

-you play as Razor team (recon team from Harvest Red campaign),

-you can teamswitch default T-key,

-in one mission player have few optional tasks. You dont have to finish optional tasks to accomplish mission,

-if one of your teammates will die you must load the game,

-bis modules: first aid, civilians, animals, cars etc,

-no voice acting :(

For playing you need:

ArmA2 Combined Operations v1.62

[ Arma 2 v1.11 and Operation Arrowhead v1.62 ]

Mods/addons needed:

Podagorsk v1.1 [island]

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8791

Installation:

Put folder "RT" in your campaigns folder. If you dont have campaigns folder just create one in arma 2 folder.

For example:

d:\Arma 2\campaigns\RT

Changelog:

v2.0 - english version

-english version, all texts, briefings and other stuff,

-small changes in briefings and in missions,

-few new short cutscenes,

v1.0 - first public release, polish version, old campaign title (Razor Team)

Ps: sorry for my bad english.

Have fun :)

Download links for campaign:

Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17749

Arma2base:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=5275

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ch9d83

Edited by tom3kb

Good going Tom!

Will download and play it tonight.

EDIT: so, just drop the complete folder in the Camp folder?

Also I think some people are moving the Campaigns folder into the Expansions folder since the newest update.

d:\Arma 2\Expansion\campaigns\RT....???

BTW, you didn't have enough money to hire the actual actors do the voicing for Razor team? ;)

KK

Edited by Kommiekat

Yes, you can put RT folder in: arma2\campaigns or in ...\arma2\expansions\campaigns or even in \arma 2\@modname\campaigns (you must only remeber to add that @modname folder to shortcut or add this folder in Menu->Expansions.

For example: arma2\@podagorsk\campaigngns\RT).

About Razor team voices, good one :)

Edited by tom3kb

Cool, I will play as soon as I have a bit of time. Always thought Razor Team needed more exercise. Those RACS missions were a lot of fun, so looking forward to this :pistols:

First mission - Is this just me or can anyone confirm (I'm hoping that some changes I made way back to get Dayz running hasn't messed things up with the standard game)...

There doesn't appear to be any APCs at all or Helos, just a few pre destroyed ones near the marked positions? Also, apart from a few men and a tent at the marked spots I've not seen any AA or Field Artillery anywhere either.

EDIT : Yes, it's me. I tried it using an OA 1.60 install I have on a different drive and everything appears to be fine regarding vehicles but it crashes all the time, damn.

Edited by HackerSlasher

@HackerSlasher

You need to have arma 2 co v1.62 to play this campaign (a2 v1.11 and OA v1.62 launched together) and Podagorsk v1.1.

If you want to play you must update your game :). I also suggest to play with JSRS mod and WarFX blastcore.

@HackerSlasher

You need to have arma 2 co v1.62 to play this campaign (a2 v1.11 and OA v1.62 launched together) and Podagorsk v1.1.

If you want to play you must update your game :). I also suggest to play with JSRS mod and WarFX blastcore.

Yes, that's what I tried it on originally, but sadly it appears my 1.62 install is hosed. I'll give this another try when I've sorted it out.

Yes, that's what I tried it on originally, but sadly it appears my 1.62 install is hosed. I'll give this another try when I've sorted it out.

Maybe Re-install your OA? It sucks to do it, but I've found doing that resolves some issues I came across in the past....OA is a very sensitive girl.

tom3kb,

About the 1st mission.

You recommended to use Silent weapons.

Also, load up on C4.

Also, load up on AT weapons.

My I suggest a few things?:

1. Attach crate ammo to CRRC or have it on the ground at Insertion (limit the weapons and ammo types and amounts)

2. Units should start with Silent weapons

3. back packs to carry the C4

I found with even 5 guys, carrying 2 C4 each and still not enough for all the demolitions we have to do.

Also, we've got to have AT weapons as well.

We need to destroy 4 Apc-s and 8 objects.

1 guy take smaw+4rockets, 2nd guy m136+1rocket or 3 satchel charges. We have 3 guys left, they can take for example 9 satchels. That is more then we need. :)

Hint: this island is controled by insurgents so you can find some weapons/ammo crates. Check port in south-west part of island or base in south-east. You can find there all toys you need. ;)

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

You can also take some at weapons from dead enemy soldiers.

About your suggestions:

1. Good idea, if i will have to release update (bugs or something) maybe i add crate with satchels charges ATweapons)

2. Maybe your are right but i think its nothing big,we have so many guns to choose so probably everyone will change default weapons for something else. :)

3. Units from arma 2 can't carry backpacks.

3. Units from arma 2 can't carry backpacks.

Really? But VME_PLA can.....hmm...........well, thanks for that extra info. I've been picking up from dead enemies.

I'll go to the port for some more toys.

I write this wrong ;)

Marines, ChDKZ, Napa, CDF, Russian soldiers cant carry backpaks, units added in OA can. Now almost all addons use stuff from OA. So they also can use backpacks like Vme_pla :)

Tom,

About the team-mate being killed.

I was making really good progress in the mission, spent hours and hours and hours and now one of my men gets killed.

By the time I get the "revert to earlier save" it's too late. I starts all over again. Any way to get it to just revert to earlier save for the player instead of starting all over again? I usually save save save so if I get killed, I can revert no so far in the past. But now? I've got to start all over again...........

Wenn one of the guys is killed there is text on screen Mission Failed etc (you have then ~15sec to load the game if you dont do this you mission will restart). I dont remember if i added also text that you should load your game (i write about that in readme). If not i will add that to my "to do list for v2.1". For now i can only suggest that wenn you see Mission Failed hit Escape and Load game.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Maybe i should also add more autosaves, or quicksave by radio 0-0-0 like in Polish version.

For now i dont know how to do that wenn mission is failed we have Load game menu on screen and not like now that mission will restart if you dont load game by yourself. Sorry for that.

Remember about savegame and hit ESC wenn one of teammates is killed.