Sign in to follow this  
blackchopper

9 / 27 / 2012 ---- or ---- 9 / 28 / 2012

Took 8 minutes to download, get it installed and patched :)

Of course, then I had to go to work, so you'll probably still get to play before me ;)

Was downloading at over 300KB/s this morning, now I'm only getting 56KB/S and 4hrs+ still left. They should have more download mirrors or something, at this rate it will be tomorrow before I get to play it.

Was downloading at over 300KB/s this morning, now I'm only getting 56KB/S and 4hrs+ still left. They should have more download mirrors or something, at this rate it will be tomorrow before I get to play it.

whare are u downloading from?

Sadly them putting up another server would not do anything. If there are a lot of people downloading it at the same time then the bandwidth is shared across all the users. Its like expecting more water to pass through a hole.

Hopefully as more people finish their downloads and log off the download will become faster for those remaining.

I'm in Ireland and was downloading from the UK mirror which is by far the closest but I've just now changed to USA (IL) mirror and it's DLing at about 350KB/s. Why didn't I try that earlier doh! Nobody use that mirror for the next 30min! :)

That's why I don't understand why there wasn't a preload option available. That way you can play right off once released instead of waiting for a download with a lot of others trying the same thing.

Its not exactly rocket science. The only reason I can assume for not having a preload is that bis wanted to wait/work till the last moment before uploading the files.

Steam user here btw. I'm anticipating a slow download as always with a new release.

Edit: and the download isn't starting on steam. Le sigh.

Edited by L3TUC3