Sign in to follow this  
BigRed

Cheats!

foxi, i hate to say it but your wrong....

there are trainer programs out there that you could shoot as many rounds of any weapon that you choose...these programs will work on any older versions of ofp but not resistence(hopefully they don't crack it) Anyway it doesn't take long to figure out who is cheating and when they get discovered they can be banned by getting their number ...if you want here is a link  to see it for yourself....

it's so sad to see people resort to cheating to have an advantage over superior players....

O.k. thank you for showing me this "awful" possibility, too, but I am sorry to say, that you can't really see when someone uses this "disconnect from game in progress / reconnect-thing"....and that this is not really a cheat or a training program....works also in OFP-R Version 1.75..we are sorry to say...but it's true and tested...

Please check the possibilities to identify such cheating / ban such bad gamers...

There is also a possibility to artificially manipulate the Ping of a gamer / a Clan, for example: Clan A has average Ping, Clan B has very-Bad Ping / Bandwith...whatever...

Please contact me, so I may show you these awful "cheats", they really work in OFP-R V.175 ! :-)

You build a better mouse trap...and the world builds a better mouse.

There will always be cheaters, and people who crack the game

NO code is totally hack proof

As the cheats become more widespread, there will be more cheaters, but in return people (and admins) will easier identify the cheats(ers) and ban them...then it will slow down, till another cheat pops up, and it goes around again

Indeed, and banning people doesnt nessecarily help either. I have seen lots of weird stuff too. I guess some cheats and some lags, but I couldnt possibly tell. I havent played enough just yet. I do indeed hope that if cheating becomes a problem, we will get an anticheat community just like in cs. I disagree very much with Harnu, on his comment about the cs-community having gone too far. I run two cs-servers, and the anticheat measures have helped me a lot.

btw, any1 know what I need in my sever.cfg to have a max-ping filter?

The members of our Clan have had very strange situations in Multiplayer-Online gaming.

These situations exclude the well known problems with Lag / Desync.

We are desperate to have the netcode of OFP-R version 1.75 changed, so that players using the possibility to disconnect from games in progress (and in this period of time run around and kill everything they see, because nobody is moving besides them, because they are not in the game!!!wink.gif, and then reconnect to the game in progress / to the server (at this point of time, everybody killed in the "disconnect-period" just drops dead / explodes...whatever)

ARE NOT GIVEN THIS POSSIBILITY! I mean, why aren't they "kicked-off" automatically from the server?

Is this too impossible to patch to? When someone uses this possibility, he's got to be seeing "Session LOST", in front of a blach screen, instead of running around and destroying the gameplay...

There are always such craps, who will use this thing-even in Clan-Fights we encountered such behaviour...so we decided to retire from any "Tournament-Fighting" and Clan-Wars until Bohemia Interactive / Codemasters do something about it. We still have our daily training and have many Fun-Wars...But our members are yearning to battle it out on the tourney-field again, so the better one's earn the crown for just being the best, and not for having the best possibilties to cheat themselves to the top....

TIS IS NOT A GAMESPY PROBLEM. THIS IS AN OFP PROBLEM! PLEASE SOLVE IT!

Adding an option to tune down connection timeout should do it. This is already used on IL2 where the disconnect-cheat was used.

Pb is to find the correct timeout parameter...

Reducing the timeout will result in even more discons.

They should change the thing from:

Server:"Hey, Client, long time ago, eh? What happened? ... All dead? Sure, ill update the game."

to:

Server"Hiho Client! Here the update .. yes, ur player is dead ... yes, 7 times, sorry."

Oh no, 1 ist down

Oh no, 1 ist down

Oh no, 1 ist down

Oh no, 1 ist down

Oh no, 1 ist down

Oh no, 1 ist down

Oh no, 1 ist down

tounge.gif

for the disconnect cheat i can say *just got resistance so i tested tonight* that that can happen everytime without disconnecting:

This night several time there was slodown for the server, and i see ppl that arent moving *stuck in there last animation thought*.... while i can still moving *one time in just walk and discover the map*. And after 3 min all the ppl that stayed online move again.Really weird.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([GNC]Foxi @ July 17 2002,19:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are desperate to have the netcode of OFP-R  version 1.75 changed, so that players using the possibility to disconnect from games in progress, and then reconnect to the game in progress / to the server

ARE NOT GIVEN THIS POSSIBILITY!<span id='postcolor'>

In future patch we will probably implement something like this:

when someone will be disconnected from the server for more than 5 or 10 seconds, he will be stuck (unable to move and unable to fire) until he will reconnect again. Also other players will be warned that he has connection troubles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean, why aren't they "kicked-off" automatically from the server?

When someone uses this possibility, he's got to be seeing "Session LOST", in front of a blach screen, instead of running around and destroying the gameplay...

<span id='postcolor'>

In DirectPlay timeout perior is 30 seconds. We increased it to 90 seconds. This is often beneficial for dial-up players who lost connection, as they are able to dial-up again and reconnect into the game within given time.

I think a problem we are experiencing may be indirectly related to this. Our dedicated server sometimes reports that it is at full capacity even when it is not. This seems to happen when a player loses connection and tries to join back into the game. It has been happening quite frequently lately. I have also seen this happen from a new connection trial...in that I tried to join our dedicated server and it reports as full even when I know it isnt (this is more rare but does happen occasionally)...in addition, the number of max players sometimes reports incorrectly via the in-game browser on occasion. I posted this here because it may all be tied into the same issue. Good to hear that there will be some fixes for the other items. In regard to the time out item, I would imagine that most players dont realize that they are disconnected until there is not enough time to actually dial back in using a modem. Around my area the dial ups usually take a bit to handshake and such...tack that on to a 30 or 40 second delay at best to get out of OFP completely and back onto your desk top and it defeats the purpose. In my experience, most players dont try to get back into the same dedicated server they dropped from anyway. Perhaps this could be removed from the dedicated servers as I think it is more beneficial to the co-op and local server players. Perhaps its just me, but when I close out of OFP it takes my machine at least a minute to fully close OFP, recover the memory, etc. (I have 512 megs on an XP2100 processor so I dont think its my system, but perhaps it is???) At any rate...keep up the good work. I enjoy the game immensely.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ July 26 2002,07:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think a problem we are experiencing may be indirectly related to this.  Our dedicated server sometimes reports that it is at full capacity even when it is not.  This seems to happen when a player loses connection and tries to join back into the game.  It has been happening quite frequently lately.  I have also seen this happen from a new connection trial...in that I tried to join our dedicated server and it reports as full even when I know it isnt (this is more rare but does happen occasionally)...in addition, the number of max players sometimes reports incorrectly via the in-game browser on occasion.  I posted this here because it may all be tied into the same issue.<span id='postcolor'>

This sound like different issue. What I am talking about is not shutting down OFP and connecting again to the same server, but rather reconnecting dial-up on the background while still running OFP. Technically the player is never disconnected from the server when doing it this way, he is still seen in the players list all the time.

You said:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our dedicated server sometimes reports that it is at full capacity even when it is not.<span id='postcolor'>

How does it report it is at full capacity?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In regard to the time out item, I would imagine that most players dont realize that they are disconnected until there is not enough time to actually dial back in using a modem. Around my area the dial ups usually take a bit to handshake and such...tack that on to a 30 or 40 second delay at best to get out of OFP completely and back onto your desk top and it defeats the purpose. <span id='postcolor'>

Once you are experiencing connecting troubles, you will start to see messages

"No message received in 10 seconds"

"No message received in 15 seconds"

"No message received in 30 seconds"

If you will start acting when seeing "30 seconds", you still have 60 more seconds to reestablish the connection.

SUMA...thanks for the reply...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our dedicated server sometimes reports that it is at full capacity even when it is not.

How does it report it is at full capacity? <span id='postcolor'>

when a player tries to join it sends them a message saying something to the order of 'server has reached max players'. Our server maxplayers is set to 14...sometimes it reports as 11/11 or 8/8 etc etc. within the in-game browser. This has been reported to me as happening almost each day.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This sound like different issue. What I am talking about is not shutting down OFP and connecting again to the same server, but rather reconnecting dial-up on the background while still running OFP. Technically the player is never disconnected from the server when doing it this way, he is still seen in the players list all the time.

<span id='postcolor'>

I didnt explain myself very well here...what I was trying to say is that on occasion the server will not let a player back in even when he tries to re-connect within the time limit you provided...it seems that if the user changes his in game name that it will allow him back in sometimes.

On a seperate note, the server also sometimes takes up to a minute or more to kick a player that the admin has kicked (the player kicked message appears, but the player doesnt actually get disconnected for a bit) Sounds like the increased time-out may also apply to the kick option.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you will start acting when seeing "30 seconds", you still have 60 more seconds to reestablish the connection.<span id='postcolor'>

In our experience...most players will not (or can not due to reasons mentioned above) reconnect to the server when their connection drops. It seems most folks search a new server or quit completely. This is not in relation to local servers games, I mean this in regard to dedicated server play. (of course this is just what I have seen...others may disagree)

Thank you again for your reply...would sending the flashpoint.rpt or other files help in deciding if this problem is local or one with OFP:R?? If so, where should I send it? Keep up the good work!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ July 26 2002,17:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our server maxplayers is set to 14...sometimes it reports as 11/11 or 8/8 etc etc. within the in-game browser.  This has been reported to me as happening almost each day.<span id='postcolor'>

Once mission is selected, maxplayers number is lower of number of roles in the mission and maxplayers you set.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when a player tries to join it sends them a message saying something to the order of 'server has reached max players'. <span id='postcolor'>

As for this, I can confirm this a bug caused by the fact above. We will hopefully fix this in future patch.

1.75 causes alot of problems, Im the server onwner and I get a session lost at 27 ms

for no reason I get disconected when no one else does, I've checked my net usage at the time it diconects and it never drops or loses conection, just to the server while playing as admin

I see player lag now as well at 27 ms to players with 60 ms

that makes no sense when all the machines are high speed net and the server is a full OC3 and the server has 3.6 ghz of speed with 1 gig ram

1.49 was far better

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ July 26 2002,03:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ July 26 2002,17:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our server maxplayers is set to 14...sometimes it reports as 11/11 or 8/8 etc etc. within the in-game browser.  This has been reported to me as happening almost each day.<span id='postcolor'>

Once mission is selected, maxplayers number is lower of number of roles in the mission and maxplayers you set.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when a player tries to join it sends them a message saying something to the order of 'server has reached max players'.  <span id='postcolor'>

As for this, I can confirm this a bug caused by the fact above. We will hopefully fix this in future patch.<span id='postcolor'>

this has happened on occasion when the mission itself allows a greater number of players than is shown as well. Perhpas it is lowing the max ammount of players to the number of players that are 'in-game' ?

Hello Suma,

I would agree with Suchey, at SHoP we are experiencing the same issues. Below is a post I made in the buglist under the Resistance area.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Concerns dedicated server and ghosting. I define ghosting as when a player gets disconnected from the server yet the server does not actually recognize the player has disconnected, and according to the server it will show the player having a 0(zero) ping.

When a player has ghosted, and the server admin boots the ghosted player, after a few moments the player pool updates and removes the player from the pool. However, for some reason the server code does not recognize the player as being gone and does not update the available player positions when a player is trying to get into the server.

Example:Connections gets up to about 250 since last boot. During this time the admins have had to boot several players for ghosting. When ppl try to connect using the ingame browser, the browser will show 21 of 30 ppl connected, but will not allow anyone else to connect saying the server is full. This bug does not happen after a fresh boot. If this error happens I have to shut the dedicated down and restart it. And then 30 ppl can connect again.

As a side note..I have had several crashes and have forgotten where to send the .rpt to for BIS to look at. Can anyone direct me to that address. Thanks in advance.

<span id='postcolor'>

Disconnects in this version do not always update correctly, I would assume due to the values you guys have assigned for updating. I have instructed all my admins to boot zero pingers to clear connections, I don't see how keeping the zero pingers allows them to reconnect. Most of the time they log on to TeamSpeak and say they can't reconnect.

Disconnects are a way of life for online games, some more than others. I do not believe a high disconnect time is beneficial to the game. I play on servers around the world and I do not get disconnected. It is my opinion the conditions of the players pc and the players connection is the main cause for disconnects from OFP or OFP:R. Anything can cause a disconnect, from video, audio, network, and even mouse drivers. I have found that Directx can also cause issues, regardless if the game is using Sockets or DX. All we can do is make sure the OS and the drivers are current and are compatible with the game we play. The majority of cases I have tried to work on are connection related, in both OFP and OFP:R. Which I assume you guys already know.

My point to all of this is... I can handle the disconnects, it is the server not refreshing that stops ppl from reconnecting to the server that concerns me. I know you guys are working things out, and for that I appreciate it. OFP:R is an upgrade and a good one at that. I recognize that ALL games that come out will not be perfect for ALL players. Just make this one good for most of the players. Thanks for your time.

Stoner

http://www.stone-keep.com

Ya. I tried conecting to stoners yesterday, it said 25/30. And then said max players has been reached. It really bugs me. And MugHug had the same thing happen to him mad.gif

another update on the same issue...

In the server broswer our server reports 12/14 players...but when I try to connect it says "maximum players reached"

at this same time when using the 'remote' function and keying in the IP the server reports 14/14...same when trying to connect "maximum players reached"

The mission currently running is 'wargames-battletanks' which supports more than 14 players.

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Stoner @ July 28 2002,10wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello Suma,

I would agree with Suchey, at SHoP we are experiencing the same issues.  Below is a post I made in the buglist under the Resistance area.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Concerns dedicated server and ghosting.  I define ghosting as when a player gets disconnected from the server yet the server does not actually recognize the player has disconnected, and according to the server it will show the player having a 0(zero) ping.

When a player has ghosted, and the server admin boots the ghosted player, after a few moments the player pool updates and removes the player from the pool.  However, for some reason the server code does not recognize the player as being gone and does not update the available player positions when a player is trying to get into the server.

Example:Connections gets up to about 250 since last boot.  During this time the admins have had to boot several players for ghosting.  When ppl try to connect using the ingame browser, the browser will show 21 of 30 ppl connected, but will not allow anyone else to connect saying the server is full.  This bug does not happen after a fresh boot.  If this error happens I have to shut the dedicated down and restart it.  And then 30 ppl can connect again.

As a side note..I have had several crashes and have forgotten where to send the .rpt to for BIS to look at.  Can anyone direct me to that address.  Thanks in advance.

<span id='postcolor'>

Disconnects in this version do not always update correctly, I would assume due to the values you guys have assigned for updating.  I have instructed all my admins to boot zero pingers to clear connections, I don't see how keeping the zero pingers allows them to reconnect.  Most of the time they log on to TeamSpeak and say they can't reconnect.

Disconnects are a way of life for online games, some more than others.  I do not believe a high disconnect time is beneficial to the game.  I play on servers around the world and I do not get disconnected.  It is my opinion the conditions of the players pc and the players connection is the main cause for disconnects from OFP or OFP:R.  Anything can cause a disconnect, from video, audio, network, and even mouse drivers.  I have found that Directx can also cause issues, regardless if the game is using Sockets or DX.  All we can do is make sure the OS and the drivers are current and are compatible with the game we play.  The majority of cases I have tried to work on are connection related, in both OFP and OFP:R.  Which I assume you guys already know.

My point to all of this is...  I can handle the disconnects, it is the server not refreshing that stops ppl from reconnecting to the server that concerns me.  I know you guys are working things out, and for that I appreciate it.  OFP:R is an upgrade and a good one at that.  I recognize that ALL games that come out will not be perfect for ALL players.  Just make this one good for most of the players.  Thanks for your time.

Stoner

http://www.stone-keep.com<span id='postcolor'>

Man Stoner is right on! Well except for the part about it being a good upgrade!

Maybe some good ideas, but bad upgrade.

But there are even more multi player problems for some of us. My host.txt file is working in OFPR, barely though. I am guessing that OFPR refreshes the active servers on my host.txt in the games server browser. It seems that it refreshes about ever 5-10 seconds, cause every 5-10 seconds the servers play musical chairs, and Stoners server plays hide and seek! And during the refresh period my mouse pointer is frozen, for up to 30 seconds! WHY?

For me it takes more skill to get on the SHoP server than it does to play the game!