Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Resistance's north american release date changed

Don't bother to look around Madison Wisconsin, I've checked everywhere and nothing, my reserve at Software Ect should have been in on the 9th, now they say shipping problems maybe the 11th.

I don't know whats freaking worse, waiting for OFPR or waiting for my Hobbyits plates for my Camaro and drag truck.Between the DMV and Codemasters theres gonna be some heads rolling soon....... mad.gif

Just wait and hope it comes in tomorrow. Don't get too mad if it isn't everything you're hoping for. It is just an addon.

That said, I'm getting pissed as well. I was at my local video games store and they said it would be there today. They had 5 boxes full of games, so I browsed for an hour and a half and they came up with, "Maybe tomorrow". confused.gif

Ok, this is bullshit, I pre-ordered resistance on april 28th and here it is the 10th and I still dont see it in my mail. I havent even gotten an email saying it has been sent, yet bestbuy has 9 copies. Does anyone have a number to cancel my order from codemasters? mad.gif

Not to mad Pvt., just think it's pathetic how Codemasterbaters has handled this. If I ran my business like they did my doors would be closed in a month. They act alot like the DMV, it'll get done when its done, no rush, no worry. Cause they know the people are lined up waiting and not going elsewhere. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (frk19732001 @ July 10 2002,15:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey die alive where do you live in mtl and where compusmart is? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I go to the Downtown CompuSmart, it's close to the Bay down town, it's at 1195 Phillips Square, maybe a half block south of St. Cathrine street. I think there's another CompuSmart in LaSalle, on Newman, and another on the south shore.

http://www.computsmart.com

I go to compusmart because they had imported the UK version of OFP last summer in July, and I got OFP over a month before the US version came out. I also bought Red Hammer there, and will also get OFPR there too, even if it's maybe 5 dollars more than Futurshop.

I live in parts unknown in Montreal. But I mostly hang out on Cresent Street when I'm not playing OFP and I'm drinking. smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-

ya electronics botique in my area said they are having shipping problems as well.. Must be the universal excuse

best buy doesnt have a clue what their talking about here, and software etc said it would be in today but then i called back at the end of the day and they said they didnt have any shipments, tomarrow i am hoping... has resistance landed on anyone elses bestbuy shelfs on the west coast? northern california?

Well folks, your best bet is going to be EB. I went to BestBuy today and they had no clue what it was. Walked across the mall to EB and picked up my copy in NY for $29.99. I'd definatly say go with EB

And here I am- all alone, cold, scared, lonely, lacking Resistance. EB said that had I put a preorder in or put money down on a copy, the shipment wouldve probably come on time. I guess they prioritize, and my store is at the bottom of the list mad.gifsad.gif

*sigh*

called my best buy. Guy said its coming in either friday or saturday.

Well, I guess I can wait till saturday.. confused.gif

Finally!  biggrin.gif  Just picked up the last copy at GameStop in Plano, TX.  EB games didn't have it.  Although, I think the GameStop in Allen has a copy.  Check this link for GameStop availability in your neck of the woods:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=644957

Enter your ZIP where it says "Check Store Availability".

Cheers,

DogTag

P.S.  BTW, if anyone in the Dallas area is interested, we have a group of guys that gets together over the net each Wednesday night for a bit of co-op and CTF.  Private message me if you're interested.

it's out in montreal just got my copy at eb store in lasalle at carrefour angrignon woooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooo biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Well, if anyone is in the San Francisco/San jose Bay area you're in luck. The Great Mall in Milpitas had at least 10 copies between it's Gamestop and EB.

Well, Madison Wisconsin stores have OFP-R now, got a call at 10am that my reserve copy is in at software ect. Best Buy is still empty, they expect shipment on friday of new games and on the shelf saturday maybe. So I will be thrashing all weekend, hope the rest of you all get yours soon tounge.gif

frk19732001, glad you got it. Good to know it's out somewhere in Canada. My local EB says they won't be getting it this week, and they probably won't be getting it next week either. sad.gif

Fuck it. I just broke down and ordered it off of EBs website. Hope they ship it fast enough to get here by Friday

LOL, I called codemasters and they say they arent even the distributors when I tryed to cancel my order. A company called Digital River are the ones who handle orders and pre orders. So that is 3 companys from bis, codemasters, and Digital River that we have to go through to get resistance. But Babbages and bestbuy have it so I'm happy mad.gif

Speeding Ticket: $297

Parking Violation: $40

Finally having OFPR in your hands: priceless.

Hunting Rifle with 20x Scope: $1200

Plane ticket to Britain: $1300

Taxi ride to Codemasters HQ: $20

Putting the fear of God into those sonsabitches and maybe taking a potshot at Colin Mcrae if he happens to be there: Priceless

wireless telephone- $30.00

phone bill- $40.00

calling 1-888-bestbuy- free

seeing the look on the coustomer survice technichian face when you tell them "DAMN U ALL TO HELL, DAMN BESTBUY, DAMN CODEMASTERS, DAMN DIGITAL RIVER, AND DAMN COLIN MCRAE"- priceless

LOL, This is a joke i never said anything to be mean so dont even think about flaming me.

Ok, got some playing time in on OFP-R last night, heres my "opinion". Which is subject to ridicule if you please.

1.If you did'nt pre-order or reserve a copy guess what, you ain't getting one anywhere, stores are sold out and people are begging for it. Get yours reserved!!

2.Loading is cake

3.You don't need a supperman system to run OFP-R

P-3 550mhz,256ram,Nidia G-2or3(can'tremember)64mb video card.

Just set everything low, hey you wont know the diffrence, the game still looks stunning.Plays fine with butt load of stuff on screen and has minimal skipping/lag.

4.BIS out did themselves, this has to be the most fun I've had since I found out what my peckers for. The sory line is awesome, the new pick and drop rules, the AI is better, the island is a masterpeice.

5. The motorcycle looks to be a old truimph, what a blast to ride. The cop jeeps are cool as hell, lifted 4x4 with a cool ass light bar. THe buses rock, terrorist missions here we come.

And finally, if you did'nt reserve a copy what the hell where you thinking?

Great Job BIS, codemasterbaters, well, at least you did'nt package it wrong wink.gif

Oy, checked the tracking of my Resistance order through UPS today. Apparently it got left on a truck and made a nice detour to Texas. So maybe it'll get here today, maybe Monday. Looks like I'll be trying the Ralph method. =)

Jonas Bane

There's Love Inside