Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Resistance's north american release date changed

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Which Best Buy is that USSoldier?The one in Westminster? <span id='postcolor'>

No, I live in Ft. Collins.

the best buy here, (california) claims that they get PC games on thursday and will be on the shelf by friday, they say check friday for resistance, in their computer it registered as Operation Flashpoint R.

Well I'm driving up to my local Best Buy today to see if it's in yet. Wish me luck.....

Local Best Buy was a no-go today for my area...heres the kicker...a guy I know called to inquire about availability and they told him that they have already sold a shipment off the shelves...this contradicts the fact that I have been to Best Buy in person for the past 3 days and each time was told by employees that they didnt have it yet. So...looks like Best Buy is getting alot of calls on it and rather than looking like idiots for not having it available on their posted ship date, they tell the customer that they already sold through the first shipment...ironically...the next shipments due date according to the employee on the phone was due at around the same time that all other retailers are expecting their shipments confused.gif Looks like my dedicated server and I will be waiting for a while until I can get my hands on a copy.

Oh Ft. Collins.I didnt really know there was a Best Buy up there.But i hope the one in Westminster gets it soon.Or i might have to go to Aurora, but thats alittle to far, from where i live, to get Res, but it will be worth it. smile.gif

Best Buy just got in a shipment that may have OFPR in it tonight, but I couldnt get the bastard to go check for it mad.gif

Guess Ill just go see tommorrow, and it just might be there

*knock on wood*

Hey SKULLS_Viper..don't forget about the best buy at flatirons... They are supposed to get in 10 and the one in Westminster on Sheridan is supposed to get 8. At least that is what I have been told. As a side note.. you would think that people working in the software section of a BestBuy would have the slightest clue about what they are trying to sell. That just doesn't seem to be the case. Very frustrating. Oh well.

I'm begin to pity BestBuy stockroom employees.

Imagine that they have to put up with this harrassment everytime a hit game or sequel comes out.

I wouldn't want to be in their places, that for sure.

well, until i get my copy of OFPR, here's something to exhale my anger upon.

since CM's head guy's face was used for Guba, why not kill that bastard?

Here is a short SP i made to release that anger. click on the link and download my mission.

when you want to finish the mission, be sure to press 0-0-1. and wait

Well, the one in Westminster, is closer to me.But im probably going to get it at CompUSA.Or maybe, the Office Depot or Office Max in Arvada, might get them,but i can only hope, they get them, cause they didnt even have OFP some time. confused.gif

Ok, here's the scene, 10am 20+ people at the front door to this "Best Buy" canadian clone. Doors open, everyone of us run to the pc games department. The other 19 people are all grabbin' copies of Warcraft 3, I'm looking frantically for OFPR. I check the corner display of the isle where the newest released are (WC3 has a fucking whole display to itself). So I run to where the FPS section is, Ghost Recon, JK2, OFP....... nope, outta luck, come back tomorrow, we might have it then, tells the troll of the games department.

Funny that Blizzard had the game released worldwide at the same time for every store (I was in another computer store half an hour before and as soon as I walked to the games department, the guy just tells me WC3 won't go on sale until 10AM, like I would even buy that game).

Yet, COCKMasters can't get their asses in gear to do the same for OFPR. Every day that passes and I still don't have OFPR, I don't even feel like playing OFP anymore, there's no point. Go ahead CARPETMUNCHERS, keep fucking around, you're making a good name for yerself...

We can eliminate CM from the list of possible anthrax powder letter senders, they ain't got the brains to release anything to all corners of America.

-=Die Alive=-

in LA county, all Bestbuys are supposed to recieve some shipment btw today and 10th. tounge.gif and I didn't get one yet.

so let's see what happens.

something in the back of my mind says that CM is purposely delaying NA release due to some reason, and facing angry NA customers, they are not officially acknowledging that it is delayed, but is rather keeping mum about it. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ July 04 2002,04:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damnit I wish I didnt already order from CM online!!!!!!!!!  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

don't worry, you can still take advantage of system!

here's what you could do.

1.when OFPR comes out in stores earlier than your deleivery from CM, buy it. be sure to save receipt.

2.install OFPR and enjoy.

3.when your deleivery from CM arrives, take that OFPR to where you bought OFPR from with receipt and return it for refund. make usre it's NOT OPENED.

smile.gif

Americas Army is out and its a FREE download...download it and it will give ya something to do while you wait. Its only infantry, but the graphics are top notch from the couple of minutes Ive spent playing so far. LINK IS HERE

yeah...agreed, but ya cant beat the pricetag smile.gif

Hey, at least we aren't waiting a month or two. Besides, Europe gets a lot of games later than we do in the US. Just hope they aren't delaying ours out of a grudge (har har har). After all, two wrongs don't make a right.

Dan

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DanAK47 @ July 05 2002,14:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, at least we aren't waiting a month or two. Besides, Europe gets a lot of games later than we do in the US. Just hope they aren't delaying ours out of a grudge (har har har). After all, two wrongs don't make a right.

Dan<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, so they get "DUDE, WHERE'S YOUR CAR" movie a month later, or the Backstreet Boys CD a week after us, but this is Operation Flashpoint, goddammit. Anyother game I wouldn't care if it came out a month later, just this game we've been waiting for so long, hearing so much good stuff in it, and now reading and looking at pics that the people that already have it, it's hard to wait.

Anyways, I got Neverwinter Nights today, and Deus Ex on Wednesday (should be finished it by tomorrow), so NWN I'll play it a few days until next Tuesday or Wednesday or whenever CM get their asses in gear and relaese the game.

-=Die Alive=-

dont hold your breath waiting for OFP:R, i bet we wont see it until they patch the euro version (like ofp). Ive been saving $40 since the 28th (and thats hard for me to save money), when i called best buy (North Dartmouth Ma) today, the guy said their computer said the 30th june!!(but they did not have any) he said they only orderd 6 coppies and for me to try back in 2 weeks. so im just gonna keep spending my money on drugs, (and be happy) then save and wait 18 months (and be miserable) for this game. (OI-WATCH YOUR MOUTH)

I've always assumed it was a way of free bug checking so that the US don't whine smile.gif when they get their copy as it will be patched or close to it. Bear in mind, we had version 1.0 for a long while before the US even got a copy, then when 1.2 was released, we didnt get a patch to that level for at least a month... so my squad (98% of whom are in the US) were playing online without me <sob>.

At least you in the US don't have to wait over two years to join in the fun with the rest of europe, like in 1939 smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cargo @ July 07 2002,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've always assumed it was a way of free bug checking so that the US don't whine smile.gif when they get their copy as it will be patched or close to it. Bear in mind, we had version 1.0 for a long while before the US even got a copy, then when 1.2 was released, we didnt get a patch to that level for at least a month... so my squad (98% of whom are in the US) were playing online without me <sob>.

At least you in the US don't have to wait over two years to join in the fun with the rest of europe, like in 1939 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

this is what i thought too.

but I think US consumers are ready to face those bugs as much as european users are. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cargo @ July 07 2002,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've always assumed it was a way of free bug checking so that the US don't whine smile.gif when they get their copy as it will be patched or close to it. Bear in mind, we had version 1.0 for a long while before the US even got a copy, then when 1.2 was released, we didnt get a patch to that level for at least a month... so my squad (98% of whom are in the US) were playing online without me <sob>.

At least you in the US don't have to wait over two years to join in the fun with the rest of europe, like in 1939 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hey that's not completely true. I made a "slapped together" patch for the 1.00 Euro users to upgrade to 1.20 while you guys were waiting for the official patch.

It was posted all over the place... Sorry you missed it. Could have saved you plenty of teeth gnashing.

Anyhow....moot point now smile.gif

.:iX