Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

ACR Campaign- There will be flood

Alright I'm having a little trouble getting past the "Search the building" objective. The marker on the map says it's a hospital but when I get there the building isn't there. Looks like it was destroyed. I'm right on top of the marker and I commented to myself something about "the stairs being out and I need to find another way." LOL The building ain't even there. I've searched the area for another building but none seem enterable.

Anyone else have this problem? any idea how to pass it?

The hospital is the same building as the Elektro government office that must be blown in Freedom Fighters. But I am having a hell of a time finding the last frickin' civilian. ARGH! Did anybody find all 14? I have searched EVERYWHERE, even on south bank of river. I have refilled with gas at the gas station like 3 times. Getting seasick. Nothin'. May be time to restart... blech.

Edited by OMAC

The blue area on the map shows the flooded area, but the tint dissappears where you have been already, so you don't have to drive anywhere twice in case you forget. And you don't even have to look sharp, if you get close, a task will appear, leading to the person to be rescued. If all fails, you might want to restart the mission (not "restart" but end and completely start anew), because the spawn locations for the cilvilians are randomized.

My experience shows that there is the possibility of a civilian dying, or a bug, that prevents all civilians from being found, requiring restart. I have searched everywhere, and the dark blue tint is gone from all areas along the shorelines and with buildings where a civilian could be stranded....:(

I reverted and restarted, and all went well (campaign finished :(), but I did see one of the civilians standing on the surface of the water like Jesus next to a house. When I went back there to rescue him (my boat was full the first time), I could hear him yelling, but he was invisible, perhaps beneath the surface of the water. ??? At least I knew where he was so I could rescue him. The spawning locations of the civilians should be checked carefully to make sure they all are positioned properly on the buildings...

Edited by OMAC

..., but I did see one of the civilians standing on the surface of the water like Jesus next to a house. When I went back there to rescue him (my boat was full the first time), I could hear him yelling, but he was invisible, perhaps beneath the surface of the water. ??? At least I knew where he was so I could rescue him. The spawning locations of the civilians should be checked carefully to make sure they all are positioned properly on the buildings...

Jesus saves you and does not need saving. ;) Well must have been Peter then if he sank after some time.

Seriously CIT the issue now when ACR team is still probably preparing bunch of other fixes, since I believe there must be a area limit for civilian spawn that can be changed to guarantee all civilians can be be found. If you found this bug so fast, we can expect others to stuble on it too.

I hope BIS clean up the entire campaign before Steam release. I think it will get a very bad reputation in it's current state.

Especially the briefings and mission tasks.

This one got very boring after a couple of trips back to rescue point. And driving around for ever to find the last one was extremly tedious.

Had the same problem as OMAC. Boat was full and when I came back I could hear him scream but could not find him anywhere.

Maybe change it to find 3 random people then make a rescue at the hospital a task. 14 was to much with nothing else going on in the mission.

Guiding the rescue helicopter, you see fly past in the begining, in to pick up someone injured could also be a task to get some variation.

Does anyone know how to start MP campaign on a dedicated server? :o

Guiding the rescue helicopter, you see fly past in the begining, in to pick up someone injured could also be a task to get some variation.

Yes, I was wondering if the heli would be used in some way....