Sign in to follow this  
myskaal

BI + DayZ: I Am Confused

I imagine I will get a lot of fire for posting this on these forums but I am honestly confused and hope that a BIS employee might shed some light for me.

Why the heck isn't BIS jumping at the chance to make DayZ the game?

The number of sales from ArmA 2 in the last 3.5 months...

The continuing increasing popularity of the mod...

The incredibly obvious demand and support for DayZ as a standalone game...

I just don't get it! What's holding BI back from making this game?

Maybe because the DayZ Mod is the property of Dean Hall, who himself is considering making it standalone?

Maybe because they already have two games in development?

Maybe, and hopefully that's the most important point, they prefer to stick with games that made them what they are now and not some Zombie hype which maybe in 6 months is all over again?

As W0lle said, Even if the dev works for BI they can't just slip it out from his hands as he is probarly thinking about a stand alone version with the engine or waiting to see if DayZ will run smooth on A3.

Maybe?

Maybe?

Maybe?

Rocket himself has said his first choice for a studio to develop with is BI. BI has been very supportive of DayZ, as they are with all mods for their games.

I am concerned BI may be about to let a golden opportunity slip through their hands.

DayZ, despite the hype, is not just some zombie apocolypse game. It is, at it's heart, a survival simulation. BI are the masters of the military sim. Why not put their talent and manpower behind the ultimate survival sim as well and blow this thing out of the water?

I imagine I will get a lot of fire for posting this on these forums but I am honestly confused and hope that a BIS employee might shed some light for me.

How many months do you think it would take to make a game like that? Geez. Do you think they share all of their corporate planning with users on the forum? Do you think the lack of your awareness of something means it doesn't exist? Who knows what they are planning ultimately, but I think this post assumes a lot.

I haven't assumed anything. I attempted to open up a discussion. Apparently, however, no one here cares to actually talk but would rather argue and attempt to insult.

Alright then.

I am concerned BI may be about to let a golden opportunity slip through their hands.

It's always interesting to see how many marketing experts we have here in the forums. Do you really think there are only idiots @ BI, unable to see chances when they are there? Obviously they don't see it as such a big chance as you do. :)

Two assumptions.

Leave it with us ;)

And now it becomes clear why I closed the thread...