Sign in to follow this  
LauryThorn

Operation stiletto

FallenPaladin is not with us anymore (in the forums I mean),

but he sent me the final version of his "Operation Stiletto".

So, ladies and gentlemen, or should I say: The Lady, and gentlemen:

Operation Stiletto

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ June 24 2002,14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So, ladies and gentlemen, or should I say: The Lady, and gentlemen<span id='postcolor'>

Gentlemen? On this forum? Where?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gentlemen? On this forum? Where?<span id='postcolor'>

Correction:

The Lady, The Gentleman (me), and the hung-over, ugly nerds and spammers, high-school drop-outs, weirdos, mission editors:

tounge.gif

I'm still sick from the midsummer party. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ June 24 2002,14:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gentlemen? On this forum? Where?<span id='postcolor'>

Correction:

The Lady, The Gentleman (me), and the hung-over, ugly nerds and spammers, high-school drop-outs, weirdos, mission editors:<span id='postcolor'>

That's a comprimise I'm grudgingly willing to accept.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 24 2002,14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ June 24 2002,14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So, ladies and gentlemen, or should I say: The Lady, and gentlemen<span id='postcolor'>

Gentlemen? On this forum? Where?<span id='postcolor'>

Here's one. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ June 24 2002,14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 24 2002,14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ June 24 2002,14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So, ladies and gentlemen, or should I say: The Lady, and gentlemen<span id='postcolor'>

Here's one. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Don't be silly! Gentlemen and moderators are oxymorons.

"Mad Dentist" brings to my mind an image of Rammstein's keyboard player Flake, not an image of old-fashioned gentleman.

tounge.gif

I can't say that I have any resemblance with Flake but anyway... Rammstein was very good at Provinnsirock. smile.gif

(But not even nearly as good as Bob Log III! wow.gif Best gig ever! )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Rammstein was very good at Provinnsirock.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. But in Helsinki, they were super-human! smile.gif

Did you see YUP? They kicked ass as they always do..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ June 24 2002,13:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm still sick from the midsummer party.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ahh midsummer party, I thought you were German cause of your signature and that made me confused, as I only though Swedes and maybe Finns too celebrate midsummer.. Then I noticed that you had been at a concert in Helsinki so I guess you're Finnish and therefore I also guess that Finns definitly celebrate midsummer too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 24 2002,06:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ June 24 2002,14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So, ladies and gentlemen, or should I say: The Lady, and gentlemen<span id='postcolor'>

I...for one, am truly a gentleman. I would always offer to carry a lady's sniper rifle, and I would certainly offer to throw the nearest freshly killed body over the puddle of blood so the lady would not have to soil her shiny boots.

And, of course, what what gentleman would ever think of not offering the cling peaches and toilet paper from his C rations to the lady?

Hmmm?

LauryThorn,

Should I get back to you on mission critique? Or is this the final version with no more improvements ever?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ June 25 2002,01:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you read LauryThorn's first post very carefully you'll see that the mission is made by FallenPaladin and not by LauryThorn.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

And if you read it a little more carefully you'd see that Fallen is no longer on the forum. Therefore, LauryThorn is the only point of contact.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PopUpTarget @ June 25 2002,14:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ June 25 2002,01:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you read LauryThorn's first post very carefully you'll see that the mission is made by FallenPaladin and not by LauryThorn.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

And if you read it a little more carefully you'd see that Fallen is no longer on the forum. Therefore, LauryThorn is the only point of contact.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeh, wiseguy? Well, if you would read the README file that's in the mission ZIP file, you would see that it says:

"If everybody who plays my mission sends me a mail including his opinion and critics, I`d be very happy!

My e-mail-adress: kamuro.ishigami@web.de"

tounge.gif

Geez Avon...you'd think you'd give me some slack. Especially since I offered to throw a dead body over the puddle of blood so you wouldn't have to step in it...especially since the body belongs to R. Gerschwarzenge...

Anyway...I did e-mail him. I've played the mission for a while and have not encountered any bugs yet.

wiseguy.jpg

....from one wiseguy to another.....they giving you trouble pop tounge.gif

Nah Bosun...no trouble. I'd expend more energy swatting a mosquito than I would scragging these two...

Have you tried this new version yet? The evil Dr. FallenPalliden has added a twist, and I don't mean his perverse step of reducing us to two lousy magazines of ammo.

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PopUpTarget @ June 25 2002,18wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Geez Avon...you'd think you'd give me some slack. Especially since I offered to throw a dead body over the puddle of blood so you wouldn't have to step in it...especially since the body belongs to R. Gerschwarzenge...<span id='postcolor'>

Come right here and I'll bleed on you. mad.gifwink.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no trouble. I'd expend more energy swatting a mosquito than I would scragging these two...<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

thread on FallenPaladin's mission seems to

turn to spam, even when FP is not around..

tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

I've e-mailed Fallen directly with results so far.

I haven't had time to play it all the way through yet, however it seems to be bug free at this point. The game play and mission difficulty keep it interesting. The added twist of having to actually hunt down the primary target makes it much more interesting. Previously, the primary was just standing there waiting to be shot.

The civilian alert trigger seems to work just fine. I deliberately tested this by standing up near a civilian, and sure enough he alerted the troops. There was an immediate reaction by the troops as well.

I am in the process of testing Operation Stilletto. I have just completed both obj. and i am in the process of returning to the extract.

Very demanding mission, comes close to what one lives in real life. The stress, the moments of shear terror, the mental fatigue.

Not much to say against Stilletto. Maybe that it is not a mission playable by everyone in the sense that you really have to use all your senses and prove that you are patient in order to succeed. Of course proper technique will help! What i am trying to say i guess is that Stilletto is not an "action" mission where you have to "spray and pray"! Rather, it's tghe type were you have to stop and think and then think some more in order to achieve a proper infiltration, complete both objectives and exfil without getting nicked by the opposition.

The only bone i have has to do with not being able to carry a secondary weapon (such as an AK74SU of the good old Ak, for example). I got the NVGs but they weren't much help. I wish i had something to "hose" the bad guys with at some point. I wish pistols (east&west) and revolvers (resistance and civy) would be available. A "Government" would have being mighty useful in those woods!

All in all, an excellent mission. Bravo!

Missionman