Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Rattler v1.8 has been released!

PMC Rattler v1.9.1 - 25km desert terrain for ArmA 2 Combined Operations.

(screenshots from earlier "outdated" version)

PMC_Rattler-001t.jpg PMC_Rattler-002t.jpg PMC_Rattler-003t.jpg

PMC_Rattler-004t.jpg PMC_Rattler-005t.jpg PMC_Rattler-006t.jpg

This is PMC Rattler terrain addon from OFP, now ported to work in ArmA 2 CO. This is desert terrain of 25km x 25km size, there is roads, airbase, airstrip, several oilfields, army bases, harbors and war torn ruined cities.

Changes are switched to use new PMC Terrain Objects pack.

Required Addons: AGS Industrial, AGS Port, PMC Terrain Clutter and PMC Terrain Objects.

Read online manual: PMC Addons/Mods Manuals: PMC Rattler.

Read PMC Tactical Forums Official Release topic.

Download PMC_Rattler_v1.9.1.7z - 33.7mb.

Mirror 1: Armaholic.com.

All mirrors are very much appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Snake Man

Our group has used Rattler for a long time now, the size means it can be used for various types of mission. Like its sister the 51km Desert, it’s a very open expanse, and considering its size pretty empty.

So why bother with terrains like these, well apart from there great and they can give huge fps performance, they are almost an empty canvass.

Think the ‘Editor’, o.k. your first thought might be, well I can’t use that. Think again, pop in the ‘Editor’ choose say ‘Rattler’ terrain find a spot on the map, click F7 then go down to ‘Town Construction Set’ double click and you have just built a town complete with burning ‘camp’ fires etc. Put yourself down on the map and go have a look.

BIS gave us this special tool/in-game ‘Module’, use it, terrains like this one are playgrounds. Pop on a town here and there, pop in game to see if you want to move, turn, or tweak it slightly, then hey presto you have a corner of any desert region. Its so easy to do, and you end up with your own unique area with, probably, very good fps.

There are quite a few mods available for you to put down i.e. roads, tracks, buildings, bases, airbases in-fact more or less anything you would need for arma2. Just requires a little work. But using the module above, there’s no work really.

Its very easy and this type of high performance terrain lends itself ideally to this type of thing.

Have a go, the ‘Editor’ is the best place to be anyway, so have fun..

These are not great pics but they give you an idea: 2000vd

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/arma2oa2012073112375451.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/arma2oa2012073112422013.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/arma2oa2012073113053939.png/ A 1 minute to create a town, sorry I forgot, its three towns in 1 minute, and I have a mini city..

Thank you for the terrain 'snake man'..

Yes, and if you place a town construction set on/near a road it will place buildings either side :)

I sometimes do this with desert and proving ground, I think I managed to fit 6-7? Towns on that map... But that's a good way to think of these types of terrains ChrisB, empty canvas! I like it.

Thanks for sharing Snake Man!

Some suggestions for the next update :

-some more roads

-can you set the map so that the wheeled vehicles could proceed faster on the sand ? I mean its quite impossible for an UAZ or for an APC to move longer distances on the sand.

- maybe some grass and bushes

Its a good map now, but it would be a fantastic map (for me...) !!! ;)

PMC Rattler v1.9.1 has been released!

First post updated, enjoy.

I would just like to say thank you I'm glad you went through the effort to downsize and remove stuff. I love PMC51km I use it not a lot but one thing I did use it for is Aircraft missions Its excellent for those. So Im downloading this now to see if having a lot removed will give me more options for Aircraft and even some ground missions. I was using jade grove for a Western type feel of idea...But Now now...I have this! hehe. and at 35mb how could anyone complain, Most already have PMC51km anyway. I agree 100% with Chris and I feel as though there aren't many maps left wide open for mission creation that uses its own mission created Scenery. Thanks again.