Sign in to follow this  
SKULLS_Viper

Wow, a pentuim 4 2.2ghz

So water cooling is better then eh?Water cooled P4 3.10

nitrogen cooled P4 3.6.

smile.gif

Sorry i meant nitrogen cooling is better.Not water.

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ June 24 2002,01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you use liquid Nitrogen, you can reach 3.6 GHz smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Gotta love overclocking...

No one really NEEDS all that speed...and the people that do would never OC because they need the machines to be rock solid for months at a time.

I was an OCer back when you got an appreciable performance boost (p75 OC to 90 or Celeron 300A to 450) while saving huge coin. Now its more 'Look what I can do' versus having a point.

Ronin, am I on drugs... or have you always been a moderator??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ June 24 2002,01:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ronin, am I on drugs... or have you always been a moderator??<span id='postcolor'>

Always? No, only since today smile.gif

As for overclocking, I reckon its the same as tuning your car engine smile.gif Its a hobby to show off with, rather than to get some performance gain out of it. But hey, I like it smile.gif

That Japanese overclock is crazy wow.gif /me gets out liquid N2 wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ June 23 2002,19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><snip>

Crazy japs.<span id='postcolor'>

Couldnt have said it better myself.

I got a spare duron chip sitting about,abyone got any tips suggestions biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ June 24 2002,02:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ June 24 2002,01:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ronin, am I on drugs... or have you always been a moderator??<span id='postcolor'>

Always? No, only since today smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I see a trend...

BIS is locking out North Amreicans as Mods, because they are afraid of us. Mwahahahahaha.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ June 24 2002,05:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Computers suck.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh the irony biggrin.gif

hey its up around 4,9 now if i recall right wow.gif

more than twice as fast as my current smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ June 24 2002,06:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Computers suck.<span id='postcolor'>

Especially if you work as a tech support guy. sad.gif

Edit: I hate computers.

I have no need to overclock anyway, have a Duron 900 sitting on table here, just need the right motherboard, then a different video card and then get an Athlon 1.8 smile.gif No need for more.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 24 2002,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have no need to overclock anyway, have a Duron 900 sitting on table here, just need the right motherboard, then a different video card and then get an Athlon 1.8 smile.gif No need for more.<span id='postcolor'>

ehh, why not, overclock it to 2.9 Ghz? hehe.You know you want the speed. biggrin.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ June 24 2002,18:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 24 2002,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have no need to overclock anyway, have a Duron 900 sitting on table here, just need the right motherboard, then a different video card and then get an Athlon 1.8 smile.gif No need for more.<span id='postcolor'>

ehh, why not, overclock it to 2.9 Ghz? hehe.You know you want the speed. biggrin.gif  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That would never happen, athlons dont clock that good... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ June 24 2002,17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 24 2002,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have no need to overclock anyway, have a Duron 900 sitting on table here, just need the right motherboard, then a different video card and then get an Athlon 1.8 smile.gif No need for more.<span id='postcolor'>

ehh, why not, overclock it to 2.9 Ghz? hehe.You know you want the speed. biggrin.gif  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well I have made do with a PIII 450 for a few years now with a crappy board, I'll just be happy when I can use the Duron 900 smile.gif with a decent board ( OFP will run beautiful then! ) and an Athlon 1.8 to me is bloody great compared to a 450 biggrin.gif but yeah the more you get the more you want wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 24 2002,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have no need to overclock anyway, have a Duron 900 sitting on table here, just need the right motherboard, then a different video card and then get an Athlon 1.8 smile.gif No need for more.<span id='postcolor'>

Duron 900? You could reach 1.2 GHz pretty easily smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ June 24 2002,21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 24 2002,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have no need to overclock anyway, have a Duron 900 sitting on table here, just need the right motherboard, then a different video card and then get an Athlon 1.8 smile.gif No need for more.<span id='postcolor'>

Duron 900? You could reach 1.2 GHz pretty easily smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah probably will. Wanted to speed up the 450 but the BIOS wouldn't allow it. Might be wise getting an AGP video card too for that speed, TNT2 PCI would be pushed a bit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ June 24 2002,04:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see a trend...

BIS is locking out North Amreicans as Mods, because they are afraid of us. Mwahahahahaha.

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually we did have an American mod, Lowjack, with respect to all the other mods who I think do fantastic work Lowjack was prolly the best mod we've had, in fact he was a damn fined fellow and a good friend to have, unfortunately life caught up with him and he had to resign sad.gif