Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA 1.62 (Release Candidate #2) build 95208

WARNING: this build is not MP(multiplayer) compatible with 1.60 and 1.61 version of OA!

WARNING: ACR Lite maps are removed from this RC and upcoming patch and will be provided as separate download!

The time has come for brave community to get hands on RC of upcoming patch, this time 1.62 RC2

Changelog: (all from betas between 1.60 and now), minor UI stuff

mirror : http://www.gamefront.com/files/22012623/ARMA2OA_Patch_1_62-RC2.zip

CRC32: E6208582

MD5: AED363B7FCFD80A3CD54726277A06519

SHA-1: DBF30C9419CD68D28EA65DF7952784223D18B53D

WARNING : This update will modify your existing game installation.

Rollback to previous version is not possible.

Upgrading to the final 1.62 patch also may not be possible.

It is recommended to back up your full installation folder and profile folder first (you can restore those before applying the final patch).

As always, use at your own risk. Thanks a lot for your support!

please be aware that no easy rollback to 1.60 is possible unless You have full backup

fyi changes since last beta

* more crash fixes

* fixed some crashes and MP issues (it means to stabilize MP we need change major version to 1.62)

* fixed bad playername issue

* removed ACR lite models for OA's ACR

[94918] New: command unit addMagazine[name, ammoCount]

[94912] Fixed: Video memory detection on W7/x64 sometimes wrong because of bug in IDirect3DDevice9::GetAvailableTextureMem.

[94886] Fixed: Possible gear item duplication (private https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36648 )

beta in Sync with 1.62 RC2 candidate for these who don't want install 1.62 RC2

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137482-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-95208-(1-62-MP-build))

BattlEye Support: ... SUPPORTED ...

Note:

If you installed 1.61 RC1/RC2/RC3 or 1.62 RC1 before this RC you need to use backup to restore game state to 1.60

remember to clean old ACR stuff too

Edited by Dwarden

still getting 'Update 1.61-1.62\EXPANSION\ADDONS\ANIMS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1'```

still getting 'Update 1.61-1.62\EXPANSION\ADDONS\ANIMS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1'```

Did you use a clean 1.60 version or did you go directly from 1.61 RC to 1.62 RC? The latter doesn't work.

im using 1.61 RC3

thanks mate i know the reason now

hope next RC will fix it

im using 1.61 RC3

thanks mate i know the reason now

hope next RC will fix it

No, next RC will not fix it. This is how they work. You can't hop from one RC version to another. You need to install from 1.60 to install this correctly.

@Dwarden - Perhaps the Release Candidates should require latest stable version (in this case 1.60) in order be installed, denying any other version (higher or lower). But also warn the user - not just in the readme - that this (RC) version cannot be rolled back and creating a backup is advisable. That way disabling any conflicts with previous RC releases the user has installed.

Edited by colossus

@Dwarden - Perhaps the Release Candidates should require latest stable version (in this case 1.60) in order be installed, denying any other version (higher or lower). But also warn the user - not just in the readme - that this (RC) version cannot be rolled back and creating a backup is advisable. That way disabling any conflicts with previous RC releases the user has installed.

Well I'll tell you this - I'm done testing of these betas. I'm REALLY annoyed about this RC debacle. Why don't I just copy my full install? ... cos I'm running an SSD and don't have space for the 80Gb of stuff I have for Arma2. The confusion has arisen because the beta AND the RC have been released at the same time! Why is it so difficult to give us a rollback option for these RCs?

Because you don't have space for stuff?

Rollback will mean that BIS will have to back up every affected file before applying the RC patch.

Stuff that is asked of you in fact and stuff you don't want to happen.

Why complain?

Well I'll tell you this - I'm done testing of these betas. I'm REALLY annoyed about this RC debacle. Why don't I just copy my full install? ... cos I'm running an SSD and don't have space for the 80Gb of stuff I have for Arma2. The confusion has arisen because the beta AND the RC have been released at the same time! Why is it so difficult to give us a rollback option for these RCs?

Because it is very difficult, I do know about any feasible way how to restore the game to previous state, unless you keep a backup or are prepared to do full reinstall. And it is really not worth the hassle, if you can not for some reason use RC just don't and stick with the beta instead.

And honestly, I fail to see any debacle here. It is a complex update to very complex game. We need support of our users to be able to pull it through, without public RCs we would not be able to provide updates the way we do.

Betas and RCs are for users prepared to help even if it means discomfort. We really appreciate it but also understand it is not for everyone.

Thanks Maruk. I'm really not hating here. I do fully support BIS, but I wish I had of known that the RC was a different beast than the betas. If I had of been made more aware of it, I would have kept going with the betas, and wouldn't have touched the RC.

As it stands I will have to reinstall now *sigh*

Keep up the good work!

but I wish I had of known that the RC was a different beast than the betas. If I had of been made more aware of it, I would have kept going with the betas, and wouldn't have touched the RC.

As it stands I will have to reinstall now *sigh*

It was the same with 1.60 RC's

Just wait some for final release and relax. I'm not playing more than 2 weeks, just because waiting for 1.62 Final Release and 1.62 Linux server.

and im sexy

I do not see the issue either. Beta builds are placed in a folder of its own, to see if the features and fixes actually works. RC acts like a normal patch, overwriting existing files, however it is not compatible with any other version other then the previous stable patch. If that's stable, it would be release as the next stable patch.

If you can't make a backup, or simply won't, then don't use RC. It's not needed for anything else but testing. You still have the option of beta builds, which comes with the same fixes - though at times lacks a few features from RC.

Nothing you could wait on, though.

On the bright side, RC means that a stable patch is close. Dibs on early next week ;)

And honestly, I fail to see any debacle here.

Me too. I'm currently playing on a 1.60 server with 1.62 RC2 and one of the last 1.60 beta patches.

Xeno