Sign in to follow this  
Hardliner

Screenshot

When I first came here I said I took a screenshot of a T80 that was upside down in formation, someone asked me to post it well here it is. Bit late but I thought what the hell post it. It was the first time I saw a vehical upside down damaged but not destroyed and in formation and I was so amused that I just had to take a shot of it. Upside down choppers are a common thing now.

mypic6.jpg

Here's the funniest one I have.

I call it:

You can park a tank, but you sure cant park a helicopter!

ofpfunny1.jpg

Neither one is funny. It's something every Flashpoint player has seen numerous times in game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 21 2002,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Neither one is funny.  It's something every Flashpoint player has seen numerous times in game.<span id='postcolor'>

You can always count on advocatexxx to give us a encouraging and positive view on things.

I flipped a jeep today becuase I tried running over the crew of a mortar addon but it didnt work. The jeep flipped over and landed on its roof sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ June 21 2002,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I flipped a jeep today becuase I tried running over the crew of a mortar addon but it didnt work. The jeep flipped over and landed on its roof sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for sharing that with us. Do you wish to tell us about your adventure of pulling the trigger of the M16 and then hearing a sound ? I think we'd all enjoy that one too.

This pic is not a funny one, but I think this is quite cool, but it's not really sharp pic though. I was playing with a friend of mine. An enemy hit my leg and i couldn't walk anymore so my friend picked me up in his uaz and soon when we had driven already a while, I realized that i was in prone instead of sitting position in the car, holding an m60 machinegun in my hand. This was a bug ofcourse. I took a printscreen of it. Have a look and see, i think it's really cool bug. It was a shame that I couldn't shoot with that machinegun in such a cool position. tounge.gif

FunPic.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Nothing @ June 21 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This pic is not a funny one, but I think this is quite cool, but it's not really sharp pic though. I was playing with a friend of mine. An enemy hit my leg and i couldn't walk anymore so my friend picked me up in his uaz and soon when we had driven already a while, I realized that i was in prone instead of sitting position in the car, holding an m60 machinegun in my hand. This was a bug ofcourse. I took a printscreen of it. Have a look and see, i think it's really cool bug. It was a shame that I couldn't shoot with that machinegun in such a cool position. tounge.gif

FunPic.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

sorry..geocities do not allow hot linking

http://www.geocities.com/sharestuff1000/FunPic.jpg

copy above and enter it to address bar

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 21 2002,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ June 21 2002,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I flipped a jeep today becuase I tried running over the crew of a mortar addon but it didnt work. The jeep flipped over and landed on its roof sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for sharing that with us.  Do you wish to tell us about your adventure of pulling the trigger of the M16 and then hearing a sound ?  I think we'd all enjoy that one too.<span id='postcolor'>

its a pleasure. ok you asked for my adventure of pulling a M16 trigger tounge.gif

Well one day i was playing on ofp as a US soldier and I clicked the right mouse button. To my horror I loud noise came from my speakers. I quickly ducked down then catiously tried the "burst mode" of firing tounge.gif

Right mouse button? Don't tell me you're one of these strange people who use the left mouse button to move forward? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 21 2002,22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right mouse button? Don't tell me you're one of these strange people who use the left mouse button to move forward?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If you do that then you must be a seriously twisted person

hmmm on the line of first time,

when i first taught myself to use satchel, it was at La Trinite, in mission editor.

i got myself as a black op, place satchel near the fountain, and told myself, 'why not see explosion from upstairs?'

i went to attic of near by house, and pressed detonate.

boom.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 21 2002,03:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm on the line of first time,

when i first taught myself to use satchel, it was at La Trinite, in mission editor.

i got myself as a black op, place satchel near the fountain, and told myself, 'why not see explosion from upstairs?'

boom.<span id='postcolor'>

cool,

one time i shot a house with a m16a2

I once saw a soldier controlled by the computer (there was no one else that could have controlled it, as I was in single player mode) I then shot my rifle and he died. He didn't move for the rest of the game!

Is it just me, or are you guys mercilessly mocking poor advocatexxx?

It's not his fault he's suffering pms and had his sense of humour surgically removed! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ June 22 2002,02:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it just me, or are you guys mercilessly mocking poor advocatexxx?<span id='postcolor'>

I like mocking ... it makes me feel better about myself tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ June 22 2002,02:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do drugs so I can find myself amazingly attractive.

Then I touch myself.<span id='postcolor'>

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!

Heheh.

while everyones talking about the AMAZING everyday things we all do with FP...

does anyone know how to successfully autorotate the choppers? ive done it many times with the mi-17 and the OH-58 but some choppers dont seem to want to do it.. and...sometimes even them choppers dont do it.. its a fine art that many chopper pilots learn and most usefull when your engine suddenly stops.. altho it does seem to work at the wrong time.. when you dont exactly need it

for those who keep there feet on the ground in FP and let the AI pilot the helicopters into trees for them

Auto Rotation is keeping the main rotor at a constant speed using forward and vertical speed to glide the helicopter to the ground, causing minimal impact in such situations as you.. lose your motor

and for those who havent yet flown a chopper in FP smile.gif

Think HIND

altho its NOT any use once the rotor HAS stopped.. you have to catch it before it does.. otherwise that wonderfull FP rotorless flight model comes into effect and we all go down rotor first into the nearest petrol station full of explosives

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 21 2002,23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm on the line of first time,

boom.<span id='postcolor'>

You should have put the satchel downstairs, you might have experienced an event similar to this:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/screenshots/boom.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/screenshots/boom2.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/screenshots/boom3.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/screenshots/boom4.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/screenshots/boom5.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/screenshots/boom6.jpg

Would have made a much better story :/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">does anyone know how to successfully autorotate the choppers?<span id='postcolor'>

You've actually managed to autorotate the flight models (ha) in Flashpoint? You deserve a medal for that!!!

biggrin.gif

I could autorotate the hell out of an Apache in Longbow II, but when I try to do it in flashpoint, my dead body usually ends up skidding across the groung for a few seconds after I get tossed from the Helo.

Generally if I am in a situation where I need to autorotate, I tap the action button and select 'Eject' smile.gif

try it from 1000 feet and shut off the engine.. its basicly like doing it in HIND/apache but .. its different.. in the way that sometimes.. they just dont do it.. once you start to flip over rotor first towards the ground.. forget it.. eject and try another chopper

one rule in FP as apposed to HIND or real choppers is that the autorotation is dependant on having your nose as vertical as possible before the engine stops.. in FP that seems to start autorotation 60% of the time.. but where FP differs is that horizontal speed doesnt have to be kept constant.. you can keep the chopper down to 20 knots or less.. even 10 and you still can autorotate.. just dont forget to throttle up before you hit the big mass of green stuff.. hopefully from the descent you will have gathered enough rotor speed to create lift when the blades pitch is changed

the HIP is still the best chopper for doing it.. the OH-58 CAN do it.. the apache I have tryed and its rotated for a while.. then died... AND DONT TRY THE CH47!.. of course

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 21 2002,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Neither one is funny.  It's something every Flashpoint player has seen numerous times in game.<span id='postcolor'>

When I first played OFP it was amusing, I took this shot when I first started playing it. But now yeah it is a sight I see in almost every mission with vehicals in it. It was just funny then to turn around and... see an upside down vehical still in formation. Another amusing situtation was a chopper that was upside down on the ground and not damaged at all with the rotor going at full speed, moving in random directions, bouncing from side to side. The CH47 was good for that, plus with aload of guys trying to get in it its a damn good sight.