Sign in to follow this  
markb50k

[SP] Apocalypse - Invade. Control. Conquer

Yes I get that behavour, in fact I cannot even select from f1 - f7 options, or it's really delayed.. When I remove the mod all is well.

Was going to post but other strange things been happening in my game I suspected corrupt install

If anybody is using the @JTD addon with these types of missions, try to disable it. After a lot of testing, I realized that was my main problem with script lag during these prolonged missions. The more explosions and firefights that occur, expect much more script activation delay. Great addon, just doesn't work well with these campaign length missions. Just wanted to pass that on for any with the same problem, if any.

are you guys talking about in the editor, loading the Markb50k_config pbos slows things down?

If so, then yeah, if you are using the mission editor, you dont need to load any of those configs. I would just put those configs in a modfolder and only load them when you want to play Apocalypse.

Yet another great map by markb50k!

I'm going to wait with the feedback until after the reinforcements bugfix but I have to say that I like this map even more than Lost, even though it's very bugged currently.

Back from vacation so i will put out a new update!

Version 1.2 (NEEDS RESTART TO GET THESE FIXES)

- fixed requesting reinforcements. works now.

- searched house markers now disappear instead of going black. will help with performance clearing markers not useful anymore.

- numerous small bug fixes

Back from vacation so i will put out a new update!

Version 1.2 (NEEDS RESTART TO GET THESE FIXES)

- fixed requesting reinforcements. works now.

- searched house markers now disappear instead of going black. will help with performance clearing markers not useful anymore.

- numerous small bug fixes

Thanks again for the update Markb50k...I just wanted to ask, is it just me or do the tan medical tents not work at all to heal the player? The green field hospital tents work but the tan larger tent hospitals do not from what I can tell so far.

Edited by DeltaFiveOne
Correction

Thanks again for the update Markb50k...I just wanted to ask, is it just me or do the tan medical tents not work at all to heal the player? The green field hospital tents work but the tan larger tent hospitals do not from what I can tell so far.

Really? I use the standard warfare field hospital object. Is that supposed to heal?

Really? I use the standard warfare field hospital object. Is that supposed to heal?

I'm really not sure, it seems the tan hospital tent with the diamond icon atop of it doesn't bring up an action menu option to heal, at least not for my system. Also wanted to ask you, when I disable the 2D group icons on the map via the support menu (I like to keep that 'fog of war' aspect like in your other mission Lost), the icons tend to come back up when I bring up one of my HC groups with the Fx keys. Is there any way to disable them completely? I usually prefer to rely on the camp color feedback to know if the enemy may be in the vicinity instead of being instantly 'told' when I use HC despite my disabling of the 2D icons. Not a big deal but I enjoy having to search/recce for the enemy instead of being told where they immediately are? Maybe have the enemy unit icons reveal only when one or more of your allied units sees that particular enemy unit with visual/radar contact, it will only then be revealed on the map? I guess I just got spoiled from your "town intel" system you had in Lost lol. Just a suggestion to add more tactical suspense, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Edited by DeltaFiveOne
Addendum

It's the hc module that turns on the icons when you enter hc mode. It's built into the code. You could always disable it again from the COMMS menu

But either way I believe it will only show enemy icons if they are sighted. Isn't that the functionality you prefer concerning enemy intel?

I'll also check the field hospital again

It's the hc module that turns on the icons when you enter hc mode. It's built into the code. You could always disable it again from the COMMS menu

But either way I believe it will only show enemy icons if they are sighted. Isn't that the functionality you prefer concerning enemy intel?

I'll also check the field hospital again

Ah I see, so the enemy unit icons illustrated ARE shared friendly intel. I got ya. Still learning the HC module as I go.

Version 1.3 (NEEDS RESTART TO GET THESE FIXES) -- will use auto-update feature NEXT release

- small bug fixes

- ISLAND: Icebreakr's DINGOR

- UNITS: Stagler's new Spetsnaz FSB pack

Just came across an issue with using FDF mod. please only use FDF forces if RESISTANCE is a friendly side or else you will get alot of friendly fire. I coded them thinking they were WEST but they are actually RESISTANCE. Will have a new Config PBO to address it in next update.

@markb50k - I dont know how I missed this before but I love the concept of this mission. I am going to download this when I return from work. Icebreakr is about to release his updated 'Visitor' alien mod, is there any chance this can be included in future factions for the mission? Looking forward to trying this out!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?114918-Visitors-for-Arma2&p=2174285#post2174285

on track for an update tomorrow...

- new ability to task a group with house searching

- new ability to release a group from your HC command to join the AI forces (if you tire of babysitting them)

- fix for Finnish Defense Forces friendly fire bug

- new ability to see a summary of all friendly groups present so you know if theres any on-station CAS available, etc.

- other small fixes/tweaks

I finished the code but can't test during the day so will have to wait.. unless you guys want the new version now with only being 95% tested...???

This looks great. Have installed it and fired it up. First time, I left it as default soldier type for player startup. The scripted air drop kinda threw me for a loop. But then I realized, I had no squad? Hitting SPACE key nor CTRL-L + SPACE did nothing?

So I restarted with myself as a USMC "Commander" and only USMC troops on my side. Still nothing from SPACE or CTRL-L + SPACE. Got my initial Cache set up and went into Manage AI Groups and nothing listed in my list of HC Groups or Own Group. Just me on my lonesome.

I must be missing something right?

Nope youre not missing anything. You dont start with any underlings. The storyline is that you are a pathfinder, flown in on the first wave. so you can lonewolf it if you like. Your allies via their own devices will carry on the war without you.

If you want troops you can request reinforcements for yourself. When that group arrives it will join you. The more support points you acquire via killing enemy, capturing camps, the better the stuff you can request.

For less cost, as an option, you can direct your friends to certain areas, like request a CAS sortie that is on-station if you sight a tank column, etc. Theyll travel to the location but they wont join you, just help clean up your mess.

Edited by markb50k

Ah okay, so not just another 'warfare' mission with a twist. Gotcha ;)

Guess I won't start as a "Commander" then. Sniper is sounding like a good job for me.

Version 1.4

- all updates from here on will attempt to use auto update - no need to restart unless specifically noted on line

- faction: now supports VectorX's F-14D Tomcat mod

- new ability to task a group with house searching (in COMMS menu 0-8-1)

- new ability to release a group from your HC command to join the AI forces (if you tire of babysitting them) (in COMMS menu 0-8-1)

- fix for Finnish Defense Forces friendly fire bug. New Config PBO that allows FDF forces to be placed on any/all three sides (NEEDS RESTART if you want to take advantage of this)

- new ability to see a summary of all friendly groups present so you know if theres any on-station CAS available, etc. (in COMMS menu 0-8-5)

- other small fixes/tweaks

I just downloaded this baby, and I can't wait to try it later tonight!

Thank you for all of your hard work, and for freely sharing it with us!

I'm hoping, that if it's at all possible, that a release can be made for Namalsk island. It's such an amazing environment. It's hard for me not to get "freaked out" from just walking in it without there being any other units included! To instill in the player's mind such a psychological state is quite an achievement, even when the island is empty of any other units. To have your mod's features available on it would be an irresistible combination.

And while I'm aware that the STALKER units have a number of animation issues with them, in my opinion, their striking appearance overshadows the glitches, and it would also be very nice to have them available, so that if one wanted to create a moody post apocalyptic scenario, one could easily do so (especially since you already have Icewindo's Post Apocalypse units supported). Bjornbakker's port of the extensive range of STALKER units is available here (should you need them): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9795 To be able to use your in-game Configurator and have these units available would be pretty cool (how about some undead too?). :)

In any case, I'm grateful for all that you've already done. :bounce3:

i actually have Namalsk downloaded and I was looking at supporting it but the houses on it dont support civvies very well. Since then i've put in code that will fix that but it will be a bit of a tedious process to get the mod to support the island but its definitely doable. Thanks for the nudge as I had completely forgot about it.

As for the units, that would probably be done after the island, but who knows!

Version 1.5

- new faction : Southy's F-15 Eagle

- new faction : Myke's F-16 Fighting Falcon

- new faction : JSDF Mod - Japanese Self Defense Force

- fix : Error generating starting position for armies on smaller islands (Utes)

- balance : removed chance of spawning the "Firebase" camp type. Static artillery was overpowering. will look to reimplement arty in a more balanced way...

Seems to me this is probably because the Russian field hospital shows up as an enemy object, at least it was for me when I found one so I assumed it wouldn't heal me had I been injured.

Seems to me this is probably because the Russian field hospital shows up as an enemy object, at least it was for me when I found one so I assumed it wouldn't heal me had I been injured.

Ah, thanks. will test out and see if i can config up my own all-side healing one.