Sign in to follow this  
Flametrace

Noswear With ArmA II Free?

READ THIS NOTE: Anyone flaming about turning off swearing in an 18+ game will be ignored. Is there something wrong with wanting a good sim but no cursing?

Hi, I was wanting to get ArmA II, and I was wondering if this Noswear would work with the ArmA II free version? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?98809-tky_noswear

Nope. That is an addon, and addons do not work with ArmA II: Free.

Oh.... Ok. I guess I'll save the money and buy the game so I can use it.

It's not exactly an expensive game...

It's not exactly an expensive game...

I know, I just don't really have too much money right now.

Shame about that. I understand completely about the swearing, and feel your pain :)

I dont understand this, he is playing a game with violence and shooting humans in the head, but the tiny swearing is a problem ?

I dont understand this, he is playing a game with violence and shooting humans in the head, but the tiny swearing is a problem ?

So what? Why do you care? It doesn't effect you in anyway.

You must have missed the big "READ THIS" up top. Nobody is going to pay attention to you if you're going to be a moron.

I did not flame but asked a question since I did wonder about it, but throwing me a swearing as answer just gives me even more a wired impression.

You guys have a good day today, isnt it...;)

Edited by oxmox

Flametrace

oxmox only asked a question. There is no reason to flame him for it. For someone seemingly extremely concerned about flaming, you seem pretty eager to pull the trigger.

@oxmox

As an example, if he's playing it with children that may be around, they don't have to be watching to hear the language.

Flametrace

oxmox only asked a question. There is no reason to flame him for it. For someone seemingly extremely concerned about flaming, you seem pretty eager to pull the trigger.

@oxmox

As an example, if he's playing it with children that may be around, they don't have to be watching to hear the language.

Sorry, it's just annoying. But yeah, I don't really feel like hearing people swear all the time. It's a shame I can't use something simple like this for the free version... oh well...

@oxmox

I like your example, and I've experienced the situation over the past. We insist on headphones for just that reason.

It's funny how abusive language will turn (me) and others off in a game. I do not have children, so I'm null to the example.

Although this has a question mark, it doesn't read as a question. However, as you and at least one other does think it is a question, I'll add in another thought :)

Nearly all children over a minimum age can recognise that game violence is not real, and in particular Arma's violence is not very graphic. So the violence is fake. But, the swearing is NOT fake :) that's a point regularly overlooked.

Plus, some people just don't like it. Could be as simple as that :)

That's not even to say that the level of violence is adjustable.

Although this has a question mark, it doesn't read as a question. However, as you and at least one other does think it is a question, I'll add in another thought :)

Nearly all children over a minimum age can recognise that game violence is not real, and in particular Arma's violence is not very graphic. So the violence is fake. But, the swearing is NOT fake :) that's a point regularly overlooked.

Plus, some people just don't like it. Could be as simple as that :)

I would never let watch or play young children to a certain age a game where humans getting shot. Yeah the example with children and swearing is good.

At what age do you think it is appropriate for children to see violence?

At what age do you think it is appropriate for children to start swearing?

At what age do you think children start to pick up on language?

At what age do you think children will emulate things they see and hear?

At what age do you think children are capable of understanding videogame violence?

Personally, I think children can start picking up on swearing fairly young, and I think the appropriate age for cartoon violence is still less than the appropriate age for children to start cussing.

It's not the swearing that gets to me, it's the abusive GD/MF/ repeated screams heard via Voip or Comms.

If children hear it used in that manner, they will also abuse it.

Personally, I think children can start picking up on swearing fairly young, and I think the appropriate age for cartoon violence is still less than the appropriate age for children to start cussing.

Most kids will start swearing their first year in elementary/middle school. Unfortunately, the raging and swearing people on CoD and at school have corrupted their brains...

At what age do you think it is appropriate for children to see violence?

At what age do you think it is appropriate for children to start swearing?

At what age do you think children start to pick up on language?

At what age do you think children are capable of understanding videogame violence?

I think neither of these questions adds anything to the discussion, there is no absolute answers to them only differing opinions. It's a judgement thing you make on a per-instance level. I personally don't see ArmA's violence as worrisome, but I do note that while the blood can be turned down to protect people seeing "too much blood", the swearing cannot.

I no longer have small children around me so the issue of children hearing it is no longer a concern to me, but I would still wish for an option to remove swearing, because I just find it irritating. I'd prefer to just hear salient comments and not atmospheric swearing because that's maybe what would happen. Just a personal preference thing :)

I got no problem with it as part of a campaign story/dialogue device, but during normal user-made editor missions that I'm just pootling around in, nah :)

Oh FFS not a thread like this again :)

Anyway as said already need full game, good prices, go via Spocket and get Combined ops, then the no swear and support BIS in the process ... FFS! :p

Worst thing you can do is buy some cheap headphones to apply a "non full game paying swear filter for distant kiddy ears" ...... FFS!

Oh FFS not a thread like this again :)

Anyway as said already need full game, good prices, go via Spocket and get Combined ops, then the no swear and support BIS in the process ... FFS! :p

Worst thing you can do is buy some cheap headphones to apply a "non full game paying swear filter for distant kiddy ears" ...... FFS!

You must have missed the NO FRICKING FLAMING part, and the I DON'T HAVE MUCH MONEY RIGHT NOW, SO I CAN'T BUY IT UNTIL LATER. I apologize for not having much money. If you have been hurt by the fact that I don't like to hear constant swearing, then you can go somewhere else. Thank you - Mr. Getthefreakout.

I think neither of these questions adds anything to the discussion, there is no absolute answers to them only differing opinions. It's a judgement thing you make on a per-instance level. I personally don't see ArmA's violence as worrisome, but I do note that while the blood can be turned down to protect people seeing "too much blood", the swearing cannot.

I no longer have small children around me so the issue of children hearing it is no longer a concern to me, but I would still wish for an option to remove swearing, because I just find it irritating. I'd prefer to just hear salient comments and not atmospheric swearing because that's maybe what would happen. Just a personal preference thing :)

I got no problem with it as part of a campaign story/dialogue device, but during normal user-made editor missions that I'm just pootling around in, nah :)

You think I asked those questions looking for definitive answers? You think differing opinions don't add to a discussion? *shrug*

Well, next time I have some spare money I'm buying ArmA II: CO so I can milsim in the summer and a new airsoft gun so I can in the winter.

You think I asked those questions looking for definitive answers? You think differing opinions don't add to a discussion? *shrug*

Well excuse me :) if you didn't want responses maybe presenting them as questions was asking for a misunderstanding :)

But, no harm meant. I was just pointing out that those questions had not much in the way of definitive answers or had much in the way of relevance. IMO natch ;)