Sign in to follow this  
oxmox

Carrying: Mortar & Heavy MG

I cant find out how to carry Mortars or Heavy MG´s.

First you dismantle it in two parts, but I saw that a player can carry only one part. It doesnt matter even if you have no other gear in your inventory.

Alright, so I took a Jeep and and saw the inventory symbol on the car, I did open it but saw only my own Inventory. Saw some trucks but could not find any vehicle inventory aswell.

So how to get this stuff to the frontlines ?

The bit at the bottom on the popup for gear is the gear of the vehicle/box you are accessing. So if you double click on the thing you want to put in there, it will move into that little bit at the bottom of the GUI.

Could AI do these, such as dismantle and set up such weapon?

Could AI do these, such as dismantle and set up such weapon?

I don't think the static MG's are modeled for it like in A2OA or the Ace2 mod ... but I am not exactly sure of that ,,,

Kind regards

Dan;2157854']The bit at the bottom on the popup for gear is the gear of the vehicle/box you are accessing. So if you double click on the thing you want to put in there' date=' it will move into that little bit at the bottom of the GUI.[/quote']

Does this really work for you ?

I can put any gear into the vehicle inventory i.e. rifle, ammunition, binocs and so on...but I have problems with the heavy MG & Mortar parts, aswell with the single bagpack.

The parts and bagpack just drop on the ground instead in the inventory from the vehicle, did try it several times.

By the way I did play around with the vehicle and unit types, noticed that one round of the german 4x20mm Flak counts as four ammo rounds if Iam not wrong, something odd here. Wheras the russians have the katjusha truck, it seems to be no Nebelwerfer vehicle exists but they dont have any mobile flak on the other hand.

All in all just awesome models and I had so much fun in multiplayer so far......

Edited by oxmox

Larger rounds will take up more space in your inventory. Just like they could in A2 (look at the At4 round, it took 3 slots, Jav took 6 slots). Haven't tried loading it into a vehicle but it should work, have you tried on anything other then a jeep (because I know you could load them into a vehicle in OA). Maybe its because all the seats take the room in the jeep and so there is no room for the mortar?

I find it odd that you can't load either part once disassembled into the back of halftracks nor trucks.

They've borked something there.

The whole idea is that for CREW SERVED WEAPONS, you need a crew to carry them. So you break them down and need two people to carry them as "backpacks".

When you want to set them up, drop the parts on the ground next to each other where you want them, and reassemble.

Did here actually transport someone succesfully a heavy MG or Mortar with any vehicle so far ?

Since Lokyi confirms the issue with the loading into vehicles, I guess this is either a bug or it is intended that always two players are always needed but I guess its rather the first one.

I think the issue with not being able to transport mortars and machineguns was fixed in patch 1.02.

It does work now! Tried it :)